No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think everyone's GI system is different. And, honestly, I think while cleaning out the crap, the GI has to reorient itself. [Finding that myself last week and this week, and now on the upswing.]

I was losing just fine on white potatoes (gasp), a little rice, sweet potatoes, parsnips, and the like, so long as I: watched the calories and limited the junk. I also have to be careful, because the bulk of my diet starts to become carbs, and I don't eat as healthy, which then causes me to overeat.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth- YES! What I was thinking and a fear as well. However, I wonder if I limit it to 1/4-1/2 c per day of ONE of them (I have to be strict with myself) if I can work with it. I have tried to be all meat and veggie and I flop because I think I need more substance.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• A program you cant stick to no matter why you cant is not gonna work. So if it is boredom or nutrient deficiency or need to crunch it doesnt matter. On the other hand a program where you dont lose weight is not one worth sticking to. Somewhere between those 2 extremes is the answer. And what works for one doesnt always work for another. And what once worked for you may not work now.

I honestly believe that cravings are the body's way of telling you that you need something. Now the trick is to correctly interpret what that is. I feel certain it is not ever going to really be processed or essentially sugar, however it might be about some quick calories if you (proverbial you) are starving yourself.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris, I agree. Its finding that starting place.I get so tired of having to "start again". I am sorting it out.. well trying.
          Karin

Comment

• Well as opposed to starting again you are implementing lessons learned and continuing the learning.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Guess who is off to the doctors tomorrow. Ear is not getting better but worse, much much worse. The left side of my jaw is sore and feels swollen..Dang!! I will not self medicate with food though for comfort. I will not!!

So, checked Lilys grades. All A`s (have not seem this all of 6th grade). To celebrate we took her to red robin (she had wanted to eat out all week. She loves to eat out ALL THE TIME but we made her wait until Friday). A burger on a live bun and instead of fries, steamed broccoli and herb tea on the side. Even though onion rings were ordered:banghead: i made good choices. So, no dairy, no processed stuff including bacon. My tummy thanks me...hopefully the scale will too soon.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
              Karin

Comment

• How ya feeling today?
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Hope the Dr. Visit goes well.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                    How ya feeling today?
                    Pain. The doctor opens at 9 am today so I plan to be there when the door opens.

Karin

Comment

• Ugh. Hopefully they help you feel better.

I'm not convinced these would work, but am not so sure they aren't worth a try. Healthy Buttermints: Stop Sugar Cravings Instantly!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Back from Dr. The verdict is a sinus infection. The good news is the ears look perfect. The bad news, I am on augmenton and a steroid. I will be glad when my face quits hurting. Now the whole left side of my face hurts

Karin

Comment

• I am glad you went. My hubby finally went when he lost the vision in one eye from the sinus pressure on the optic nerve. Thank goodness it wasn't permanent.
                          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Oh wow HB! Glad he went to. Hope he is feeling better!

Right now the left side of my face is warm, super sore and feels twice as big as it should. He said 24-48 hours I should feel better.

Karin

Comment

• Pain free this morning!!

Awesome leftovers for my breakfast.

Ruth, I am going to try those butter drops I think.

Karin

Comment

• Let me know how they taste & if they work....
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X