No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have meant to start oil pulling this week and just as I go brush my teeth I remember and am like crap! The enzymes should be delivered today so I will start them this evening. I need to see if I can get a better gelatin deal through the company vs. Amazon before I order that. Am I right that you need to eat protein while drinking it?

Teeth are hurting a bit today.. it goes with the ear pain. Life on the turnip truck.. UGH!

Still craving and caving to sugar. Other than that, I am livin' a la Paleo.

Building roller coasters in class today for physics. Oh boy!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• If you are referring to gelatin, no. You can drink it alone. You need to make sure that you have muscle meat somewhere else in your day to make complete proteins. Gelatin does not contain all of the amino acids.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Re: sugar cravings. This may be unpopular, but I'm going to throw it out anyway. You know that I went on a major sugar fest while I was in Amarillo (bad news bears, that eating adventure). Week 1 when I got home, I went clean, but left fruits and starches. The sugar cravings continued to rave and rave badly. This week, I've gone fairly low carb (this is a TEMPORARY thing to knock cravings). After day 2, the sugar cravings have all but disappeared. I plan to reintroduce starches (starchier veggies, sweet potatoes, etc.) in another week or two and then I'll consider winter fruit (fruit is actually a bad trigger for me...I'll start to eat more and more to satisfy my sugar cravings, so I have to be pretty careful with it in general). Just a thought based on my own experience.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I have done the VLC to beat the sugar cravings.. its tough. I do not reach for fruit first but am thinking if I did perhaps things would be better. It makes sense what Chris says about cravings mean your body needs something nutritionally.
          Karin

Comment

• today would be a good day to be at home and closer to the bathroom.. omg..
            Karin

Comment

• Last night took a 3.5 hour nap when I got home. Woke to eat a little something light and went back to bed. Good News: tummy is stable. Bad news: headache from hell (but then I think a front is coming).

I did oil pulling for the first time. To keep it in my mouth longer I muti-tasked with a shower. Spaced taking the enzyme this morning though. I will start that tonight.

This morning was kinda rocky getting Lily off to school. Hopefully her day smoothes out. Her teachers have noticed a difference with the therapy. Although, she is back to self medicating and packing her bag SO FLIPPING HEAVY. She will not let me take ANYTHING out. UGh!

I think part of my tummy issues was from sugar (straight-processed crap) and preservatives (cured meats (corned beef etc.)) so I am going to have to just cut it all out cold turkey. The question is, how do I deal with the attitude bends that I KNOW will result. While I am not a Mary Sunshine, I really hate being a B%&*# too.
              Karin

Comment

• Arg. I keep meaning to start oil pulling myself!!

If you're having any kind of drainage, that's probably also contributing to the stomach issues.

I feel like sugar is an addiction. It's been so hard for me to go off. I cannot imagine someone trying to go off drugs or alcohol. Maybe start over the weekend so that your family is the only one impacted. It does get better........

Re: mom and crap. I'm gluten intolerant. Not just that I've made a choice, but I'm seriously intolerant. Mom continues to offer me that stuff. She's a nurse and still she offers it to me. Grrrr. Not sure what to say...
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Glad you feel better.

Eat healthy carbs. I am having 2 fruits and one potato (or equivalent in rice) per day. Usually one fruit at breakfast, one at lunch and the starch at dinner.

I use the Hormel Naturals lunch meats for grab and go protein for school.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I so agree with sugar being an addiction. That is a hot button item though. There are people that do not see it that way and get offended. My take? Try going off of it.

As for the gluten intolerant, I KNOW I am. The fact I am sore and ill after each event is evidence of that. Yet, its the old CW ways of our parents. GRR

Paula- I get the eat healthy carbs and at the same time, I have this voice in my head that says, if you eat rice, you will not lose weight. The same for a sweet potato (although when I eat it, I only eat a 1/3-1/2) Oh the warring in my head!! I have been eating natural applesauce though. Its easy on the tummy. I plan to eat lower sugar item fruits though.
                    Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                      Arg. I keep meaning to start oil pulling myself!!
                      Right before the shower seems so far good to me.
                      Karin

Comment

• You should do whatever works for you.

I am finding that the starch is less likely to stop weightloss than the fruit, but I think both are useful and harmless within ones particular carb range.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• So then the question is.. Is a carb a carb? I research this and its all over the place.
                          Karin

Comment

• I agree with Paula. Within your carb range there are relatively harmless ones. What that means to each person though is unique. Both the acceptable range and what you eat within it. And I think also different situations will also make that change for a person. Part of the reason I think it is so important to get to a place of mindful eating.

I dont have problems with carbs that are whole foods within my range which is basically 75g to 125g or less than a third of my calories. Processed sugars and such are a different story. I dont have issues with wheat self as much as it just makes me want more. If I just do one slice and make myself stop all is good. But that is rare
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I don't find real food carbs to be a detriment to weight loss -- so long as my total calories are in line. Sugar and such causes me problems, but I suspect because I either can't stop or I crowd out real food.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I would like to include white rice and sweet potatoes but I do not want it to deter me from losing. HOWEVER, if a carb is a carb and I watch my carbs, it should not matter right? I need to get my GI back on track and can do this by limiting my carbs, all sugar etc. Correct?
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X