No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I came upon it accidentally, I had run out of onions and had to use the dehydrated ones. I still use a fresh onion as well though as well as fresh garlic. I find the tomato flavor is more consistent if I use canned though Grandma would have used them from her garden. She would be very unhappy with me for not rolling the cabbage and just making a soup out of it, though hopefully the fact that I use homemade bone broth would restore her faith in me.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I rolled that cabbage.. oh yeah..LOL 1st time ever!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• been there/done that and now I just do the soup. Tastes the same, soooooo much easier.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, my day started at 9:45p last night with a call from my principal about a report of an unloaded gun supposedly in a locker for my team. UGH! Turns out it is was a supposedly a misunderstanding and they said GUM. ummmmm... dunno. No gun found this morning though. Always interesting starting out the day with a locker check involving the PD.

DInner last night was a win for Lily.. she ate the ham, sweet potato and peas.. yeah! I took the leftovers and made a frittata for breakfast.. yeah me. So I had about a 1/2 a sweet potato and no sugar cravings before bed.. hmmm...

Crock pot is going again, this time with a corned beef. I will need to pace myself because of the salt? sodium? I dunno.. whatever causes my dang cankles (which are under control finally). Portion, portion, water, water will be my mantra.

I have also started to drink my coffee black (not sure how this came about but ok). My paleo creamer is good, its fine but not really necessary. My mom keeps offering me dairy products and I keep reminding her, I JUST can not do dairy. She also suggested we go get a bag of burgers last night (what??!). I am like, nahh I got a paleo dinner planned. <Keeping my eyes on the target>.

I have to say, loving these awesome mornings with Lily and we all get out the door on time and without the yelling, stress and strife. Ahhhhh.. Lily's therapy makes all the difference.
          Karin

Comment

• omg, thank God for therapies that work!

What is the deal with Mom? Dairy and grains cause you issues, that should be easy enough to remember. Having dinner in the crock pot certainly helps resist "bag of burgers" kind of temptations. (bag of burgers? Really?)

I commend you for going to black coffee. If I have to drink black I go without. I just do tea then.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• I do not know what the deal is with her. She knows the issues I have. She has issues with grain as well. She is thinking easy I think. I dunno.. frustrates me to no end. Hence- this is where I vent.

Oh, I also cleaned out the deep freeze last night and KNOW everything I got in there. This is very helpful since I am preparing meals.

I find if I make the coffee a little less strong, I do not need stuff in it, much like tea. I do not like anything in my tea either.

edit: Braums has a bag of burgers for $4.95. She was thinking this would be an easy dinner and one Lily would eat. Ha! My girl ate primal!!
              Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-15-2014, 10:19 AM.
              Karin

Comment

• I am drinking black coffee out of the house and with coco milk and gelatin at home.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I doctor the heck out of my coffee, I drink it iced, which makes it 30oz, use CM (the one I make with TJ's canned) and cream, and I add stevia. Basically coffee with my stuff.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• hahahahah.. been there Chris!
                    Karin

Comment

• on the plus side, I get my calcium.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        on the plus side, I get my calcium.
                        Ah, the silver lining of that elusive coffee-colored cloud.

Comment

• ugh.. since Monday my ear has hurt. Its not improving I tried a heating pad already. Dang it!
                          Karin

Comment

• bleh. that stinks Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Comment

• when my ears hurt it is almost 100% because of my sinuses, I take a benadryl and sleep and it is almost always gone the next morning.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Heading pad and decongestants tonight.

Good primal dinner tonight.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X