No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the wii, I have lost 1.5 pounds this week. Meh, we will see. I bounce all over the place but am tracking in MFP.

This morning was the breakfast the district puts on for all the staff in the district. In the past there have been eggs, bacon/sausage, biscuits, yogurt, fruit, coffee etc. It has generally been a nice spread. I almost made eggs this morning (like usual) but then remembered. So, on to the staff breakfast. This year it was buscuits and sausage gravy (UGH! pass), yogurt with granola (pass), fruit (yeah, ok), packaged muffins (pass). What a sad sad breakfast. I went to McD for 2 egg mcmuffins (ate the eggs and canadian bacon tossed the rest). What a disappointment. I hope I win a door prize though!

Sleep was off last night.. dang dog. She dared to try and take my pillow WITH MY HEAD ON IT. Really?! Bossy bit of goods!

Good food planned for today. Exercise planned for after school.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• feeling thinner this afternoon...hmm
      Karin

Comment

• whoo I won a $25 visa gift card from the breakfast!
        Karin

Comment

• ah, awesome, helps make up for the less than healthy food offerings.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Exactly.

You know what I am enjoying?? Trying new paleo recipes and diversifying my families (well, mine and moms) palate. Tonight i am making stuffed cabbage with fresh ground pork and spices. Yeah me. Kind of glass mom hates to cook.

Clean day today although I probably had more fruit than I should have.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
            Karin

Comment

• I make a "stuffed" cabbage soup. I don't use the rice and I don't roll the cabbage. I just brown the meat with onions and garlic, then add my bone broth, a chopped head of cabbage, and 2 cans of diced tomatoes, boil till the cabbage is soft and voila. The home made bone broth is what gives it the authentic flavor of my grandmother's.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yum..makes me warm just thinking about it.

I baked my cabbage rolls with garlic basil sauce. Well do a soup next time

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                Karin

Comment

• Woke at 10pm STARVING! How annoying is that?!

I have been shopping for a new internet provider. Living in the boonies, we do not get much offered. Its crazy. Right now I am paying for a verizon hotspot which is super expensive. Thank goodness the contract is almost up! Here is what I found for my area: It is CHEAPER (gosh I wish those words could be bigger), to get direct tv bundled with hughesnet internet than to just go with another satellite internet service alone. It is ALSO CHEAPER to do this bundle than do a more local service that uses a dish to tower receiver.How crazy is that?? So, it looks like my home is getting TV again. On the bright side, I will have more of a selection to watch while on the treadmill I guess. I have to say, I am fine NOT being a TV watcher. On the other hand, when we travel, I like staying in a hotel with lots of channels LOL so I can get my "fix". I am such a dork. lol

Roller COaster week in more ways than one. We are designing and building them in class this week and then of course, you know, life LOL.

Ok.. Lily was ready to go 15 minutes before our normal leave time.. wait.. what????!!! Well alright then! WOW! Although we had a melt down at home last night she went to bed with her weighted neck wrap and her weighted lap pad. I need to get that girl a weighted blanket. It will make a huge difference. Anyway, she woke early and refreshed.

Enzymes are ordered and being shipped. Gelatin is also being ordered tomorrow.
                  Karin

Comment

• In the soup, I use albs ground meat, 32 oz (give or take) bone broth, 1 large head of cabbage, and two 28oz cans of diced tomatoes. I actually use dried diced onions as they absorb the fat from the meat, I put them in after the meat has browned and before any other liquids.

My BFF got the bundle for the same reason. Then after she had it for a year, she thought this is dumb I don't need the phone or tv and tried to get it to just be the cable, they gave her another better deal on the whole package. Apparently they have some flexibility, especially if you say you are thinking of switching to a dish.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Cable is a mile from us so there is no option. We also do not have a home phone, no need. Even still I was shocked at the savings.

I am going to try your soup this week! Sounds awesome and its getting cold here again.

On the dehydrating front:So a head of cabbage would not go bad, I dehydrated it and plan to add it to the soup and see how that works. I might add it to the meat first like you did the onion Chris.
                      Karin

Comment

• good idea. I like keeping the fat in the soup, but don't care for the cake of it that you get on top when you put it in the fridge, and using something dehydrated keeps that from happening.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I did not know that but will experiment with it. That fat that floats to the top grosses me out now and then.
                          Karin

Comment

• Honey won't eat the leftovers if there is a glob of fat on top. So I usually will just take that off when it solidifies, but it doesn't usually happen with the dehydrated onions.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Interesting. Now I'm going to have to try something like that...
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                Honey won't eat the leftovers if there is a glob of fat on top. So I usually will just take that off when it solidifies, but it doesn't usually happen with the dehydrated onions.
                                Interesting. Now you've got me thinking... I have never noticed this before but always use fresh vege for everything now. I hate the fat on top too (my learned fat phobia never has gone away).

Comment

Working...
                                X