No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw a thing on face book where they fed their kids out of an ice cube tray. Each section had just a few of each thing. A few nuts, a few raisins, a bit of burger, a bit of cheese, a bit of veggie, a bit of dip, etc. Colorful and different and they loved it, didn't necessarily eat all of all 12 things but it gave them the variety they like and the small quantities.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      I just saw a thing on face book where they fed their kids out of an ice cube tray. Each section had just a few of each thing. A few nuts, a few raisins, a bit of burger, a bit of cheese, a bit of veggie, a bit of dip, etc. Colorful and different and they loved it, didn't necessarily eat all of all 12 things but it gave them the variety they like and the small quantities.
      That is cool but how do you get a fork into an ice cube tray - snagging peas etc.

Comment

• it was for toddlers, so I am expecting it was basically finger food. Maybe muffin tins would work though?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I saw that too. She has divided plates that we use.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            it was for toddlers, so I am expecting it was basically finger food. Maybe muffin tins would work though?
            ah, that makes sense. Dang, now I want a muffin tin meal (one day I will grow up, I swear).

Comment

• I like the muffin tin idea, wish I had thought of that when my kids were little. and now with silicone ones they come in bright colors. Honey uses a pasta bowl for his meals, basically just piles it all in there, unless it is soup and salad, sometimes even then though.

p.s. Jon, I just noticed your quote and I actually did LOL, love it.
              Last edited by demuralist; 01-09-2014, 01:28 PM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Its finding enough REAL food to fill them though.
                Karin

Comment

• yep, have to do one of the 6 cuppers as opposed to the 12 cup ones
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Even with 6, finding real food she will eat is tough.
                    Karin

Comment

• the things for the dehydrator makes it a tad easier, but I can definitely see where she would be eating the same thing day after day. My kids used to do that love it today hate it tomorrow thing. Only they would always wait to change their minds on it until after I had bought a giant batch of it.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• yes.. that has been a problem too.

She likes the apples I make in the dehydrator and the homemade raisins as well. She is so tiny, I am to the point as long as she is eating its all good. I just notice mood improves when she eats real food. She just won't do it all the time.

JUST got super cold. Dang it! Brought my little cone coffee maker out and am making a cup of coffee (I have my paleo creamer here at school-yeah me)
                        Karin

Comment

• oh, I get that, maybe mixing in the real stuff with just a couple of not so much will get her moving toward the more real. It will only be a few more years where she will just be making her own and it will be out of your hands!

yeah for having a coffee maker and good creamer at school
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I hope she will be making her own lunch sometime in the near future. Most kids do by now. However, I see it as an accomplishment if we can;
                            1. get out of the house on time
                            2. get all of her menucia and not forget anything
                            3. get her meds
                            4. get her hair brushed

so far... this is where we are at. LOL
                            Karin

Comment

• my kids never made their own school lunches, too much of a PITA for me to struggle with. But they did make dinner if they didn't like what I made and they made cookies or MIM's if they wanted something sweet.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Soooooo excited, i got this from her teacher today!!

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to touch base with you about Lily. I think Mrs. McGehee already mentioned this but Lily is having a tremendous week back! She is focused, on task, and has been quite pleasant to myself and her peers. In fact, she has worked each day this week with a group and there has not been a single problem. She was a little tired this afternoon, and got slightly frustrated with another student, and myself for tapping our pens (a habit of mine). But instead of being short with us, she politely asked both of us to stop. I'm not certain what has caused this improvement, but I am extremely excited to see her happy and successful at school.

Just thought you might like to know.

Have a good evening.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X