No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At home I am always barefoot.. school, I try as much as I can to be minimal in footwear (either by shoes or sometimes just wearing socks/slippers)
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• So the scale did not show a difference this morning, perhaps a pound?? I "feel" different though in the belly area. Standing is easier today but then I have sat a little more due to a 45 min assembly for EVERY class today. hmmmm
      Karin

Comment

• Yep, I am still a Florida girl at heart, bare foot every second it is possible. With the standing desk configuration my feet show now though, so no taking the shoes off unless it is a quiet day.

You really need a couple of weeks to really see progress on the scale, track it daily and then at the end of the month check out the graph.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok, wierd thing, weather is a big factor in my food. So I am at my desk, all of the sudden its like the temp drops, i am sleepy (instant) and feeling the need for food (i had beef jerky). When school was out i went outside and the sun was gone, replaced by dismal clouds and a temp drop. Freezing rain coming. Ugh, what a sticky feeling. At least I can see why I was feeling off.

Dinner was amazing..love cooking in the crock pot. I really need to walk a little tonight.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
          Karin

Comment

• so fun to have dinner waiting in the crock pot when you get home.

do you have to take vitamin D?
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have not taken vit D in so long. I honestly did not think of that. Maybe I need it until winter is heading out.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
              Karin

Comment

• maybe?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Gotta love the crock pot. I got a crock pot paleo cook book you just reminded me to pull out! In the summer I leave mine on the back deck so as not to heat the house ( trying to remember summer on this cold night).

Comment

• MF, is your back deck enclosed? Animals would be in mine if I left it out!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• ugh..Chris.. I know I know..

Paleo crock pot cook book?? I wonder if I have that on the kindle.. will have to look.

Treadmill this morning baby!! Weird but true fact.. lately, off and on the backs of my heels have been hurting like crazy. They were this morning. However, after I walked a bit it quit. Hmmm... The scale, yeah its not talking to me (translation- no change)

High protein breakfast this morning! I am ready to go go go!!

Another pretty good morning with Lily. Her teacher is really doing well working with her and her issues.
                      Karin

Comment

• Regarding the vitamin D, the last time I bought it I made sure that I got one that had the "USP" seal on it. That seal verifies that the contents are what the label say they are and in the amounts the label advertises. I gotta tell you I could actually tell a difference.USP Verified Dietary Supplements | U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention I only take verified supplements now.

They don't cost anymore than those uncertified and vitamin D3 is relatively inexpensive anyway. I am pretty sure that the Nature Made and Trunature brands are available in most drug stores and even some grocery stores. I currently take 4,000 IU daily.

Yeah for Lily success, makes the rest of your life so much easier. Well really it is a cycle isn't it, eating clean makes life better, better life makes for a clear head, clear head makes Lily issues easier, easier Lily issues make eating clean easier, and so it continues.

I think the heel issue is about stretch and strength. If you stand with your toes on the edge of a stair and slowly go up to tippy toe and then extend down past the stair about 10 times every other day or so, it should help. It is all connected to the plantar fascia, the achilles, and the calf, and the stair exercises really make a difference.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          Regarding the vitamin D, the last time I bought it I made sure that I got one that had the "USP" seal on it. That seal verifies that the contents are what the label say they are and in the amounts the label advertises. I gotta tell you I could actually tell a difference.USP Verified Dietary Supplements | U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention I only take verified supplements now.
                          Checking into this.

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          Yeah for Lily success, makes the rest of your life so much easier. Well really it is a cycle isn't it, eating clean makes life better, better life makes for a clear head, clear head makes Lily issues easier, easier Lily issues make eating clean easier, and so it continues.
                          Ahh yes, its like a hamster in a wheel. The bonus is when I can get Lil to eat clean too. Its rare but it does happen.
                          Karin

Comment

• I cannot imagine how hard it must be to get her to eat clean. The only thing that kept my kids close (and it wasn't that close) is that they had to make their own junk if they wanted it (unless of course they were at school or a friend's house).
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Karin, what does she like to eat?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• oh my gosh..

in many respects she still eats like a toddler. Her top go-to foods are:
                                pineapple pizza
                                hamburgers (light catsup only)
                                fries/tots
                                corn dogs-sometimes
                                chicken nuggets
                                mac and cheese (on occasion) only with peas
                                spaghetti o's (on occasion)
                                heat up meals: sweet and sour chicken
                                bean burritos (on occasion)
                                corn
                                brussels sprouts
                                sometimes oatmeal
                                sometimes scrambled eggs

recently she has been eating "taco salad" (lettuce, cheese and burger). What is hard is what she will eat once (or one day) she will not eat another.

It is rare that I can get her to eat roast or anything I cook in the crock pot. She does not like foods mixing either (except mac and cheese and peas). ARG!!! So, rarely does she eat what is made for dinner.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X