Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin, Which dehydrator did you buy?
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• The one I have now is a nesco. I like it. It has the temp adjustment dial and 4 trays. Pretty easy to clean up.

Today food was pretty good although has an omlette or at lunch and they put cheese on it. Other than that paleo all the way! For dinner i cooked up some ground beef for the vegetable soup that has been cooking in the crockpot. Wow!! Such a rich and decadent beef vegetable soup. I already have it lunch of it ready for tomorrow. The beef bone broth is still on. They are vertebrate bones so are very hard but it tastes amazing already.

The second this morning at the high school had a ton of walking and stairs but i am going to still hop on the treadmill for a bit. While my session was productive and was told that a lot was learned, the rest were boring..Ugh!!

Dehydrator is empty at the moment but I need to put the rest of the apples in it. Those are Lilys favorite snack besides jerky. Funny how she will eat an Apple once in a while but will eat 2 apples or more of dried.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Damn it!! Good food today and I blow it before bed. Moving on..

Karin

Comment

• Karin, you can buy additional trays for your dehydrator on Amazon. I think I have a dozen for mine now.

Chris, what about turning your dehydrator on at night and off in the morning? That is what I have done with mine because it fits my work schedule better that way.
          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• So, today is the first day back with kids. Interesting that when I pull up (early mind you), there are 2 cars with kids and parents waiting. There are NO LIGHTS ON ANYWHERE but they are ready to drop off their kids. UGH! Really?? Its also not like you can just leave them as it is -9 with the windchill.

So my question is, how soon before I see results on the work I have done. Granted it has not been all that long but really?! The scale was a frustration this morning. I do think weighing daily has value though but damn!! Oh, and when I blew it last night it was with celery and cheese so not a huge waste. I mean, I did not dive in or even nibble at the frosted animal cookies my mom bought for my daughter, which are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!! Yet still, the scale was not nice this morning.

I also did the wii last night. I did some balance exercises and games. I skipped the treadmill last night but I probably should not have. I will hop on tonight.

Breakfast was more of that rich wonderful veggie soup and I put some roast pork in it. A LARGE cup of hot tea to go with it and I am feeling good out the door. More soup with beef has been brought for lunch.
            Karin

Comment

• HB, I generally forget to turn it on at night, despite any number of things I do to remind myself.

The scale absolutely does not follow what you did yesterday, it has a serious lag time and is about the long haul. Please start a new category in MFP if you have not already and call it something like "daily weights" then post your weights every day. In the category that is called weight, just post those weights that are lower than the previous one. They have a graph so you can see the downward movement in both categories.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am one who does not always seem immediate results. I think you have to give a new plan about two weeks or so.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I forgot I started a new weight category in MFP. I will start tracking that there. I was waiting for that whoosh that happens.

I am eating nutritious food that is min. to zero processed. I am starting to move. In the end, I am impatient. My body HATES this excess weight which is one reason I want it gone now. *sigh*
                  Karin

Comment

• First day of using my standing desk/podium. It is so tempting to head to a chair but I can not access my laptop from my traditional desk. I refuse to move my laptop until my planning time (if need be). I would like to make a sitting less goal for work. I sat for about 3 minutes then was like.. ooop!
                    Karin

Comment

• Our meeting today was totally sitting, but Friday I didn't sit down until 2:30, then for about 30 minutes, and got right back up. I do notice that I am looking at the chair, but my computer is a desk top, so there is no turning back now. I will be used to it in a couple of weeks I am sure.

I am getting ready to try to quickly knit my dad a lap blanket, so a pretty significant amount of sitting while at home is in my near future.

Well, yes, we would all like it all to be gone, but reality is that ain't gonna happen. I really find the 2 lists of weights very helpful, well I did after the first few weeks anyway. Doing the 4:3 if I didn't keep track like that I would be so depressed given that at least half of the days my weight goes up!
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So, the standing desk, initially was easy (started at 7:30a). Then by about 10 i was looking at the chair. I sat to work with a group of kids for about 15 min, i sat at lunch to eat and then i sat during plan and team which was from about 1:30-3:20 of and on. Other than that I stood. There were a couple of times I put my knee on a chair just to give it a rest but I do not consider that unreasonable. I think the standing will get easier. i am going the standing will improve my balance as well as strengthen something lol.

Great day with the kiddos today, however I indulged in some other than healthy stuff. Nothing I am going to berate myself over though.

Karin

Comment

• standing does get easier (I worked full time as a hairdresser while I was also a full time architecture/design student, lots of standing)

no point in berating, enjoy it, learn from it, move on
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• In crock pot#1: New bone broth, chicken this time. The beef broth is cooling and will be put in the freezer soon.
                            In crock pot #2: chicken quarters seasoned, in the fridge and ready to be put on in the morning for dinner tomorrow
                            Dehydrator: empty at the moment

Karin

Comment

• The crockpots are busy at home! YEAH!

This morning off to a good start with eggs and ground turkey breast with some hot sauce as my breakfast with some hot tea. Lunch will be more beef vegetable soup, 1/2 an avocado and an apple. Yesterday, I had the need to snack. Like Chris has stated, I think I was missing something nutritionally so brought a bit more than soup for today. Tonight be will the chicken in the crock pot and I dunno.. a salad some cooked carrots..something along those lines.

Day 2 of the standing desk. Let me just say, boy I can feel yesterday. Once upon a time I worked at Great Clips as a receptionist. This is much like that. I stood A LOT. Of course this was before my foot surgery so it was 10x more painful. Anyhoo.. on-ward!!

Day 3 of mornings at home have been pretty good! Lily leaves for school happy and sweet which is an even bigger improvement than before Christmas. I think the additional therapy we are doing at home is really helping. No new news on the damn insurance front yet for her OT. (insert cuss words)
                              Karin

Comment

• Generally, I stand at work when I'm at home, but it took me awhile to work up to an entire day. Sometimes, if I really need to concentrate, then I sit down. Of course, at home, I don't wear shoes or I wear minimalist shoes, so that helps as well

Glad things are going well with Lily!!
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X