X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year, Karin!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Funny you mention music HB.. I just downloaded some on my new-to-me ipod! Yes, music is usually the way for me. I can do a movie if I turn it way up though to be heard over the treadmill.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Happy New Years to my favorite supportive and encouraging people!!!
        Karin

Comment

• Can you use headphones and watch a movie on your tablet?
          -- Ruth

Comment

• oh, had not thought of that but yeah I probably can. I have Amazon Prime and can download a purchase or watch a ton of them for free. Great idea.
            Karin

Comment

• I've got it. Since you and I are always up early, we should walk and talk Well, except for the fact that you're an hour ahead of me...
              -- Ruth

Comment

• that would be fun! A pain for you though.
                Karin

Comment

• We'll see how early I'm up once I quit my job...and (hopefully) we have the boys
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• happy new year!!!

I definitely blast the volume on the movie so I can hear it over the sound of the treadmill. And the idea of music to move to is why I watched Mama Mia so many times over while doing the treadmill! Basically what I am finding for me is that has to be something I really want to see or hear or do. BFF calls a family member while she does her walk (she does hers in the evening though), I watch movies, which is something I never do otherwise, it sort of makes it special. Unfortunately not a habit yet, and something that is still the first thing I drop if I have a busy day, but getting there. I decided to just be realistic with myself, and know that I don't love doing it on work days because it makes me rush around too much, so I am just doing it on my days off. Eventually I plan to add a Tabata circuit on my work days, since it is only 8 minutes.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The Mamma Mia soundtrack is what I clean house to!
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• How about Paleo podcasts? I am starting to use them as I clean and exercise.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ooo Paula!! Those I can download onto my ipod.. EXCELLANT. I always want to listen but never have the time to listen and focus on what they are talking about. LOVE it!

Ok..lost count on my ACV water, have a headache (carb hangover?), took some meds and am going to lie down so it will go away. Then.. treadmill- its you and me baby!
                          Karin

Comment

• oh girly, I am back from my rendezvous with the treadmill. Turns out I had 1 hour and 15 minutes left in the movie (actually I think that is where Dudla left off, but whatever) so I just kept going. I also drank 50 oz of water while on there. I need to go back to doing ACV in that bottle again, I had let that slip.
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok.. back from my stroll with the treadmill..tonights selection was Jeopardy. I walked for @ 20 minutes. I can not say I "feel" it but I was starting to glow Then a dinner of taco salad (mine was leaf lettuce, chili colorado and salsa- I need more veggies in it next time). What amazes me is I announced taco salad for dinner, Lily's response is oh what a perfect way to end the day. Ummm.. ok.. she likes taco salad?! She has had it a few times but I kind of thought it was reluctantly but no, she snarfed it up. Granted she had a very mild version (lettuce, beef and cheese). Slowly we will add additional items but I call this progress.

Ok.. back to the treadmill.. I had a lightbulb idea. Part of Lily's sensory diet at home is to do "heavy" work. So, working on something new (I will talk to the OT and get further direction). I put some books in a back pack, had Lily put it on and put HER on the treadmill at an incline of 1 and a speed of 2-2.5 for 15 min. SHE LOVED IT! Wants more. In fact, she is obnoxious about it.

Edit: So, today the nap was great and worked with the headache. I have also only had 1 cup of coffee today and have been drinking nothing but water with a splash of ACV in each glass-no sweetener. Looks like this might be the norm for more than a few days.

So here is the food breakdown for me: My goal is to emulate Paula's breakfast model. High protein. Like P, I also want to maintain a VLC approach to food. I have already dropped dairy. Strange but true, not jonesing for it. With me running the kitchen dinner meals will be better. I have my paleo cookbooks/books ready to go (including well fed).

I really would like to get completely off AFS but I am not an idiot. Once school ramps back up, thats my crack (its contained and easy). What I can and will control on it is the amount. Its not unheard of for me to have a few+. I am shooting for ONE in the afternoon. I know there will be days it is NONE.

Cold and snow have arrived again.. oh yeah.
                              Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-01-2014, 05:34 PM.
                              Karin

Comment

• Awesome idea. Kevin loves to do yoga, the elliptical and push ups.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X