No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok.. just got off the phone with the OT. She says she is going to work with billing using another code. One of the things Lily struggles with are her reflexes which IS billable. So, cross your fingers ladies!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• persistence will pay off! You just need to figure out what to call it when you code it right?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Fingers crossed. I know how much Lily (and you) need this!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Chris, yes, it's all about the codes when it comes to insurance. They do not see a person when a claim is made. :banghead:

Well the plan for today:
          Meeting a friend for lunch and to exchange gifts. Mine for my friend is not quite ready I made a braided rug out of t-shirts.
          A trip to Verizon about my stupid internet device (that should explain it all)
          Tonight is the annual Italian New Year's at Olive Garden, we ring in the New Year at 6 pm (same as Italy)

So, I need some motivation to get on the treadmill. $$ is a motivator right. Yeah, so working on the details. It's like putting$$ in the kitty every day like.50, then when i meet my goal regularly its $1 everyday etc. So to start, $15/month for me to blow on whatever if I get on everyday. However, once i meet my goal is met and sustained then that amount is $30. I dunno, just good intentions are not getting it done. I also want to start hitting the treadmill in the morning before shower and work as well. My initial goal is to just walk 30 min per day. That may seem so doable/easy but its not. It's this a New Year's resolution? No.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
          Karin

Comment

• doing it in the morning is a double edged sword, I am way more likely to do it in the morning, but not likely to wake up early to do it! What if you start with 15 minutes and add 5 at a time till you get to 30, and then do an outside walk or a longer one on the treadmill on the weekends/days off to get your weekly total?

I like the 6pm Italian New Year celebration idea! May try that at home tonight.

Our pharmacist gave Honey a new print out that seems to say that my scripts will only be $125 for 3 months, but you don't know till you fill it, of course I could just not accept it if it comes back at $1400, but honestly I am just looking for a good excuse not to take it (I don't really believe I need it, and worry that it is doing more harm than good).
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• For me, it has to be a time that works and I have to be able to enjoy it. I don't really like movies, so that doesn't work for me. If I could figure out how to read and walk (I don't like books on tape) or read and type (ahem, talk with y'all), then I'd be on there all the time

I was also going to suggest starting with 15 minutes minutes. You can do almost anything for 15 minutes. See how that goes and then add more if it looks like it works.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• the plan is to do a minimum of 15 in the morning and then try for the other 15 in the afternoon.
                Karin

Comment

• That is funny because I can't watch movies sitting down, because I feel like I could be doing something else, and I rarely ever see a whole movie that is being played in our living room, and only been to maybe 5 in a theater in the last 30 years, but on the treadmill it seems reasonable to watch because I am doing something productive as well.

While it is nice to set goals (like doing 15 in the afternoon) they can also start to make you feel really bad when you don't accomplish them. I think if you honestly could have a possibility of doing the 15 in the afternoon then it is reasonable, but from what I know of your life it doesn't seem very likely. I would suggest you concentrate on the morning 15 and clean eating all day and go from there. On your days off you can stay on longer or do something else to increase your time. I hope this doesn't seem like I am not being supportive, because really what I am shooting for here is to help you look at this long term. If you find 15 minutes is not manageable in the morning drop to 10 then to 5, whatever it takes so that you can consistently do it, then increase by just as much as you can while still staying consistent. Sort of along the lines of PN (was that Precision Nutrition, Ruth?).
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Chris, I know you are supportive. Right now I just thought that building to 30 min. would be a good start. Maybe I need to rethink that. All I know is I hate how I just can not MOVE like I used to.
                    Karin

Comment

• oh good, I really want you to succeed at this, and I think small successes will bolster your motivation.

I think eating clean and building to 30 is a great goal. What if you say you want to get to a mid-term goal of 210 minutes of treadmill or walking a week by summer. And shoot for a short term goal of 105 a week, until you have a good habit going, then increase the time bit by bit. You can make your long term goal to do the C25K maybe, say by the end of the year? If it turns out you can't reasonably do 105 a week without stressing about it, then you can drop it down to maybe 70 minutes a week. Then once you get your time where you want it you can work intensity. The only reason I think the time should be limited until you have created a habit is because your time is so limited. For me, I am actually getting more and more free time, so filling it with the treadmill before I find another website to follow is where I am personally headed.

RE: clean eating shoot for 75%, then once you get your menus together you can slowly increase it to 95%.

If I had to guess I would think the food may have as much or more to do with your movement than the exercise.
                      Last edited by demuralist; 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I would say this. I think (and this is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth), your priorities should be clean eating, then sleep (you will get nowhere without this), then movement. If you have to choose between a healthy breakfast/lunch and the treadmill, the food should win. If you have to choose between sleep and the treadmill, sleep should win.

In terms of goals on the treadmill, start with your goal to get on the treadmill, whether for 5 min or 30 min, whatever you have time for, 3-4 days a week. That's it. Just get on the dang thing and walk, even if it's just for a few minutes. No guilt, no thinking you should go longer, faster, or harder. Once that becomes a habit, you can evaluate if it is feasible, at that point in time, to modify the goal. With time, it will come.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                          Chris, yes, it's all about the codes when it comes to insurance. They do not see a person when a claim is made. :banghead:

Well the plan for today:
                          Meeting a friend for lunch and to exchange gifts. Mine for my friend is not quite ready I made a braided rug out of t-shirts.
                          A trip to Verizon about my stupid internet device (that should explain it all)
                          Tonight is the annual Italian New Year's at Olive Garden, we ring in the New Year at 6 pm (same as Italy)

So, I need some motivation to get on the treadmill. $$ is a motivator right. Yeah, so working on the details. It's like putting$$ in the kitty every day like.50, then when i meet my goal regularly its $1 everyday etc. So to start, $15/month for me to blow on whatever if I get on everyday. However, once i meet my goal is met and sustained then that amount is $30. I dunno, just good intentions are not getting it done. I also want to start hitting the treadmill in the morning before shower and work as well. My initial goal is to just walk 30 min per day. That may seem so doable/easy but its not. It's this a New Year's resolution? No.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                          If it helps, I try to set mileage(could be minutes) goals for the year, in regards to the treadmill. Then I break that goal down by months, weeks and daily requirements. If I miss a few days then those missed miles need to be made up, in the future, in order to meet my yearly goal.

I also have a set time I get on the machine. For me it's first thing in the morning M-F. I seem to find excuses if I say I'll do it later.

2012's goal was to do the equivalent of 5 miles for each day of 2012. That comes to a total 0f 1825 miles. I actually changed my goal 6 weeks into the year so had quite of few miles to make up if I wanted to meet the new 1825 mile goal.

Again for me, it helps to get into a routine, not unlike brushing your teeth. That is not to say I don't go to war with myself some mornings. I have, on more than one morning, argued with myself, gotten out of bed, gotten back in, gotten dressed in workout clothes only to go back to bed. However, my goal, routine, and not wanting to do extra make-up miles generally wins out and I end up getting myself on the treadmill.

Comment

• I was wanting to be diligent about tracking my miles this year. I thought it would be fun to chart my walk at the end of the year
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks you guys! I need to read again and re-read to digest your wonderful suggestions.

I just got home from the Italian New Years Even party. I had pasta for the first time in.. WOW.. holy gas up the balloons! Yeah, NOW I remember why pasta is bad bad bad (I did not even eat it all).. not to mention I felt the ankles swelling (not a great feeling). Tomorrow: apple cider vinegar and water and walking walking walking.
                              Karin

Comment

• What about listening to music while on the treadmill? I know that when I am procrastinating on kitchen cleanup putting a cd on makes the job a lot more fun and it gets done. I don't think you'd want to do classical but something that makes your body feel like moving.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X