X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooh, yum!!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• cooked chicken veg soup all day in the crock pot (with bone broth tyvm) for dinner. It was perfect with 22 degree temps!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Man, I'm coming over for dinner!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I wish you could!!! I love having time to make REAL GOOD food!

Today was day 1- no dairy. Ummm, you know, you can do anything for a day. Its going to get rough. I looked up the coconut milk creamer and it calls for date paste. So, because I do not have dates in the house this is not made yet. Dates are dangerous in the house. Looking for more recipes that might have ingredients I have on hand.

BAD NEWS: The insurance has denied the OT claim for Lily. Beyond frustrated!
          Karin

Comment

• That insurance thing STINKS. I'm sorry. Hopefully you will be able to get that changed.

I cannot have dates in the house. Period. They are like crack for me.

Now that I can tolerate dairy, I'm finding that anything but my raw milk/grassfed cheese makes the sinuses worse. Guess it really does need to just be a treat/occasional thing. It's kinda sad....
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I think I came accross a winner for creamer for my coffee. CM was OK.. just that.. OK. However, found a recipe (Chris probably suggested this once upon a time and finally put my brave on (as Lily says). 1 can CM, 1 egg, 2 T CO- blend all together. I also added some vanilla and some cinnamon and nutmeg. WOW!! I can drink the whole thing straight, its that good!! The true test is the AM coffee. Will keep you posted. According to the post I found it on, it stays thick and frothy in the fridge as well so you spoon it in the coffee.

Ruth- one reason I have gone dairy free again is I have been waking up so STUFFY!! In the past there has been a direct link. Oh, and the dairy tends to obstruct weightloss for me. Sooo... here I am AGAIN!

you know, I just got to thinking.. I have raisins in the house. I bet that could have been a substitution for the dates. Not as good but not as lethal!!
              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                That insurance thing STINKS. I'm sorry. Hopefully you will be able to get that changed.

I cannot have dates in the house. Period. They are like crack for me.

Now that I can tolerate dairy, I'm finding that anything but my raw milk/grassfed cheese makes the sinuses worse. Guess it really does need to just be a treat/occasional thing. It's kinda sad....
                me too!
                Karin

Comment

• Raisins aren't as bad as dates, but any dried fruit, well, I eat like candy. Best not to have any of that in the house.

The new creamer sounds good. Looking forward to the update!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• ok.. so I could not wait. Made some decaf. The creamer is good! Very creamy. I am also "stirring" it with a chocolate spoon a student of mine made for me for Christmas. The creamer flipped my mom out though. "Raw egg?!!" "Why would you ruin it with raw egg?!!" ugh! Inside my head I think "hmmph.. more for me".

I am thinking the next batch I will try raisins. I just refuse to buy dates. Those are dangerous.
                    Karin

Comment

• I just sent you to the pin, which you have already found obviously. I really liked that one, the dates/raisins are unnecessary carbs IMHO, and you are getting farm fresh eggs that is an excellent excuse to use egg in it. The extra nutrients in that will be great for you. I actually put it on fresh strawberries and such as well.

So sorry about the insurance, Honey just figured out that my script next year goes from $70 for a 3 month supply to $1400 for the same amount. I am stocking up as much as I can and then will hoard it for if I come out of remission, in the mean time I will switch to the pro-biotic for IBD (VSL#3) which is basically $70 for a 3 month supply.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• oh my goodness Chris!! That is crazy!! Is there not another script that works as well for less?

In the letter I got from my insurance company, it says it does not cover developmental therapy only congenital. WHAT?!! The OT is going to talk with the insurance company again today. They said, that clause may change. The price for OT is outrageous but she needs it!!! UGH.. will keep you posted on progress. I suspended therapy for tomorrow.
                        Karin

Comment

• No, oddly there are others that treat IBD, but all are differently structured and this is the one that gets me into remission. On a positive note, I have been in remission for at least 15 years, and for a good chunk of that I wasn't taking the meds, and for all of it I have not taken the full dose. So I feel like the VSL#3 will work well as a replacement as long as I am in remission. They tell me it is supposed to help prevent cancer in IBD patients, but honestly they can't know that, and I get a colonoscopy every year, colon cancer is slow growing, I will be fine till the whole insurance thing gets all worked out.

How can they not cover developmental?
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• An excellant question and one that left the OT speechless. It is some of these developmental issues that are at the root of the problems and insurance does not cover?? Oh cuss words!!
                            Karin

Comment

• Joining in with cuss words!!!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• from my experience if you badger, get one person on the phone who sounds sympathetic and get their name, then call often with your questions, they will eventually work it out. It has literally never failed me on something I thought was important enough to spend the time on.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X