No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Therapy was amazing. The evaluation is almost done but the therapist said from what she had evaluated so far Lily has moderate to severe sensory processing disorder. We started some therapy last night (brushing and joint compressions). Lily has goals and one is brushing her teeth and hair (she does not do either with any kind of regularity), some food goals, homework goals (list is still building). Our sessions will be every Tuesday for a while. Most sessions will be just her and the therapist and i will try to get some extra walking or c25k in. Most of Lilys future sessions will be obstical oriented. For home we will work on a body brushing regiment as well as heavy activities-i have a list. Some of the active i had stumbled upon this last summer in making a difference.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Sounds promising.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ooo, love having new strategies, sounds like a much better fit than a sit down chatting counseling session.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 61VvVFMbeZL.jpg

This was the first thing she did. Its used for determining dexterity as well as a tool to calm and sooth. Lil loved it. She also has several swings which will be incorporated into therapy. Lily LOVES swings and anything thats twists or zips her around. We did some brushing and joint compressions this morning. We will see but this morning was promising.

Intrudorology today.. with the attacks that go on in schools, I am grieved that we need such training.
          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            ooo, love having new strategies, sounds like a much better fit than a sit down chatting counseling session.
            MUCH better. Lily was engaged and participated because it was so different I think.
            Karin

Comment

• oh ma gerrrrdddddd.... 4 students from 1 class in the office and not for minor infractions! Are you kidding me??!!
              Karin

Comment

• Ok..Dang it. I am trying to hook up my Wii fit and can not finding the charging doc for the v controller..grrr Lily has been messing.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                Karin

Comment

• Last day with kids!! The weather has been amazing.. 65 degrees for the last few days but at @ 3pm its going to drop like a rock to about 30. Wet stuff coming, some has arrived early!

I regifted those AMAZING LOOKING butter cookies! Then what to my wondering eyes should appear (in my school mailbox) a wine bag FULL of mini kitkats (my fav but still!!) Dodging pirates today..*sigh*

edit: Pirate gifts:
                  -Large bag of MM's
                  - Large box of chiradelli chocolate
                  -home baked goods/candy etc.

Arg!
                  Last edited by athomeontherange; 12-19-2013, 08:05 AM.
                  Karin

Comment

• oh my word! give them to Lily's teachers/neighbors/the diner that saved Lily this year, get em out!
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Great idea Chris. The large bag of MMs I put in my MM machine I use in the classroom as rewards (kids just get silly when they earn a penny to put in the machine). The rest?? Oh yeah.. passing on the wealth!!
                      Karin

Comment

• Ohhh penny candy machine for the classroom. Awesome!!!!
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• 41AsZdlIZAL._SY300_.jpg

I put MMs in it as we have a no gum school policy. Kids love it, its also a CHEAP was to praise reward kids for whatever.
                          Karin

Comment

• OMG, I think we have one of those.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• My kids LOVE to earn a penny LOL
                              Karin

Comment

• eeee gads.. donuts in the lounge.. what is WRONG with these people!!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X