No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, thank you. I just have had this obligation feeling since they were adopted so long ago. They are both in college now but neither make an effort on their end. They certainly do not even acknowledge my daughter. I HATE THE HOLIDAYS! Ahhhh felt good. My family is not and never had been close and this extends to extended family. Good new years resolution, no more guilt and obligational whatever.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I buy gifts for my kids, and that is it. For my co-workers, as well as Honey's staff, I am thinking a handmade ornament. I take a goody package to my parents when I visit, no matter the season, but it is usually useful things that are better quality versions of things they need. The hubs and I stopped exchanging gifts years ago. And as a matter of fact, Honey's SIL sends my kids each a significant check every year and it is a PITA, because we don't send them or their daughters anything. It seems stupid to send a check to their 2 daughters in the amount they sent to my 2 kids. We have asked them to stop, they won't, so I refuse to feel guilty.

p.s. those things that cause stress during this season, drop them, those things that give you joy, enjoy them.
      Last edited by demuralist; 12-15-2013, 07:57 AM.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well..after reading your comments i feel better. I always thought it was weird that i was not closer emotionally etc. To my family. That is a stressor i am happy to drop.

So much i need to do today but i really just want a nap. Shortish week this week. My students go 4 days, i got 4 1/2 .. Well the so superintendent said we could leave at 10:30 Friday as opposed to 11:30. Lily goes all 5 days.

Ok..Oh happy day..therapy on Tuesday. Interested in ideas to help Lil get through the holiday and us all keep tempers and sanity in check. I bought an ipod shuffle and put her resting music on it as well as some trans siberian orchestra that she loves to help her when she is feeling overwhelmed, stimulated etc. She was so calm and pleasant when we left the movie last night. I am thinking she needs to "disconnect" from people and things going on around her. Yet another strategy to try.

Karin

Comment

• Happy dang morning! Yeah, traditional monday (or what others would call a traditional Monday) got up late (30 min to get dressed, get the Bug dressed and out the door) drinking my coffee still, no breakfast. UGH! Even so, I resisted buying a donut. I have some self control

more later
          Karin

Comment

• Congrats on the lack of donut! I do the 30 minute wake-up-out-the-door thing too. I've found two blessings - a programmable coffee pot (thermal so I just take the whole pot with me to work) and apples - grab and go breakfast.

Comment

• That is why I set two alarms for 5 am. I need a full 2 hrs to get our day started right.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I had 2 alarms.. one was my phone left in the living room. Good news!! I did have an apple I had left at work!!
                Karin

Comment

• Ok.. 3 alarms and was UP! Of course between my daughter hogging the covers and the dog snipping and growling whenever touched or whatever, sleep was plenty illusive anyway.

3 more days with kiddos. Although tomorrow I have a half day training at "Intruderology" for school. I guess its a course on when to hide (which is what we have been learning to excel at), when to fight and when to run. Its a 4 hour training but seems to me, it should be more in depth. On the other hand, I am incensed at the idea such a course and training has to exist.

edit to say: Merry early Christmas Happy full moon to me. A co-worker just brought me some cranberr-ita for Christmas. Its in the car
                  Last edited by athomeontherange; 12-17-2013, 06:58 AM.
                  Karin

Comment

• ooo, yum.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 1st therapy with eval tonight for the Bug. She is apprehensive but I secretly think she will LOVE it. She hates to talk which is one reason the counseling was not successful. She will not have to do much talking I think tonight. It is also her Christmas concert. Busy night! I have the camera for pics at therapy and the concert. Eating on the run tonight :/
                      Karin

Comment

• She sings, right? Does she play an instrument, yet?
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• She sings. I have said no to an instrument because I KNOW she would not practice for homework etc. However, I have purchased a guitar for her for Christmas. She wants to learn so bad. In this show, she is a toy soldier as well.
                          Karin

Comment

• sounds fun.

the instrument thing, well yes they don't usually practice and if you force them then it isn't fun anymore. But, if you are not paying for lessons, no big deal they learn at their own pace. The best thing for us was that Doodla took Orchestra in school as her "art" so she learned to play violin in Middle School. Then when she got to High School the teacher desperately needed a cello player, loaned us an instrument to keep at home and she had one to play at school so we didn't have to take it back and forth. Most all of her "practice" was at school though. Once we decided she was really going to play it we traded in the violin (she had one and Boo had one and neither one of them was getting much play) for a cello. Now 2 years out of High School she still plays the cello when she can. She had room in her dorm last year and had it there, everyone loved hearing her play during the afternoons. Boo took art as his art class, in the end he was sorry he did, because he despised the class, even though he is quite talented, and didn't end up knowing how to play an instrument. He wanted to learn the guitar. Sad thing is that in his senior year they added a jazz orchestra class with guitar.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• She loves at, even though it was only a 9 week course. She also loves choir. Yeah, the instrument thing is a bummer of you have to tag on them to practice so i was not going there.

Concert tonight was fun, will post some pics tomorrow.

Karin

Comment

• How did the therapy session go?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X