No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no. Although the cost would equate that of a gift (they are pricey). It is a necessary tool to cope with. So no but I am going to see about making one or having one made with that quilt I bought. She is getting a bow, arrows and a round bale target. We discovered we love archery so that is the big gift along with a starter guitar. Archery though is whole body and she loves it. I am thinking we need a trampoline come spring though, the therapist recommended one.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• fun, the wii ought to help with whole body as well! I forgot about the bow and arrows (I am jealous), I am also thinking about getting that "game" that you can hook up to your electric guitar and your computer or game system and it teaches you how to play guitar. I already know chords and such, but if it also teaches you to read music I am definitely getting it, because I have forgotten how to do that and I have a couple of instruments I could pick up if I could read the music!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ooh tell me more about this game to learn the guitar! I have been looking at beginner lessons on you tube.
        Karin

Comment

• Does Rocksmith 2014 Really Work? Review | USgamer this is a pretty indepth review, I have not read yet, but would before I opt to buy thats for sure. I wish it would teach you to read music though, and I am pretty sure it doesn't.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 17 degrees outside for crosswalk duty! Yeah me!
            Karin

Comment

• Tummy issues.. yeah me.

Dr. Appointment today to check the bp meds.
              Karin

Comment

• Just a reminder: Orders Made by Saturday at noon are guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. Free shipping with a $10 order.
                Welcome
                Karin

Comment

• At our last visits both Honey's doc and mine independently put us on probiotics, specific ones too, and expensive ones, for tummy issues (to stop his issues and prevent mine)
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Well, he is keeping me on the same meds. Bp was 136/72 or there about. I did gain a lot since the last Dr visit. The time in a knee brace did not help. So, got to start moving again. He also said to watch the salt. Duh.
                    So freezing rain called for tomorrow turning to snow in the afternoon and my last day of morning duty.

Tonite i got the tree up. Bug came home with mom, saw the tree and took over..hehehe..

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                    Karin

Comment

• so moist out this morning but not freezing rain as predicted WHOOHOO.. coffee in hand for the last day of duty.

Tomorrow is hometown Christmas (stations all over town for kids to do activities etc. for Christmas). It was fun last year, going again.

Other than that.. primal meals at home curiosity of, well, me I think I got the better of the kitchen deal.
                      Karin

Comment

• I don't think I could give up control of the kitchen now. I remember when I was in my teens thinking my grandmother and aunts were nuts worrying over the kitchen control issues, now I get it!

oh the perks of small town living! what fun.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Well..yesterday was not a bad good day, it was horrible. To give you all an, idea i think i should limit myself to water today. Ugh!

The town Christmas thing was fun, somewhat. I invited one of my daughter's friends. In the end it was to much for Lil. I can not change her but in myself i need to be more patient..or something.. natural consequences have little effect. I worth about her as she grows up and becomes an adult. Because I needed a break I took the girls to see Catching Fire. Great movie by the way. Interesting Lil was in a better mood when we came out. I . Think she needed a break too.

Christmas shopping..Ugh. yeah about done. I need to send something to my dad and step mom, brother and sister. The B&S are hard as i have zero relationship with them essentially, gift cards are usually the norm. Question: do any of you but gifts for people you do not have a relationship with? They do not reciprocate. However, thinking some exotic coffee for dad and step mom is so appropriate.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                            Question: do any of you but gifts for people you do not have a relationship with? They do not reciprocate.
                            No. I only buy gifts for people with whom I have a relationship. Life is too short and money is too tight to worry about gifts for people you don't connect with Jan - Nov.

For me, Christmas is a good time for me to reconnect with my brother and sisters. We speak during the year but living 1,800 miles away I'm not around to follow their latest hobbies and interests. Around Christmas we text/talk/email and through Christmas lists I can figure out where their interests lie over the past year. My sister is really big into the show Supernatural at the moment. My brother is still all about soccer etc. It gives me a snap shot into their lives. However, if that connection throughout the year was not there I wouldn't buy then squat and they would do the same for me.

Comment

• ^This^
                              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I'm an only child, but we stopped buying for my husband's siblings and their kids long ago. Too expensive. We all get together at Thanksgiving in Boston. The time spent together is a gift. The 12 cousins (3 each) send cards to each other. My boys play online games with their cousins all year.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X