The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ooo, excited!

Oh, I have a coop design all picked out, and I have a raised 4x8 that I have been throwing compost material on, which I can connect to the run up the side of the yard. May have to wait till the whole money thing blows over
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• LOL.. true. Atwoods has a pretty good design that is portable (moving around the yard to get all the bugs), but we have some other ideas as well. I am actually excited about chickens. Mom is hot and cold on them. I think I am just going to have to take the initiative on it like the cooking.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• friends of ours, have a coop that is stationary but the chickens have the run of a part of their yard that has a good canopy (protect against flying predators) and is surrounded by chicken wire to prevent intruders and escapes. They have 2 chickens now, one died, and they were getting 2 or 3 eggs a day, not sure now that it is colder. My grandmother kept chickens, but I sort of feel like they were egg layers in 3 seasons then became soup in the winter (they lived in PA.)
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Most people have their chickens all over the place. I think the wings have to be clipped though. I would not mind mine out, you can train them to come in for the evening though.
          Karin

Comment

• I guess she clipped their wings because there is no cover on the run area.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• yes. While they do not really "fly" they can and do roost. We have some big cottonwoods I would not like them roosting in. LOL
              Karin

Comment

• mmm, I need to do more research. I don't think I would bother if I can't let them have a run, because I want them to be able to eat bugs/worms/weeds, etc.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• exactly!!
                  Karin

Comment

• therapist sick.. session cancelled until next week
                    Karin

Comment

• Rats!!! I hate when I look forward to something so important and it gets cancelled.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• yup.. another week of muddling through what therapy we can accomplish at home.
                        Karin

Comment

• ohmygosh.. the force pulling me to the donut shop was strong this morning. I resisted. I am a jedi-ette. I am also a dork. LOL

protein powder this morning in my coffee with some cheese on the side. Probably not enough protein but a better start than the alternative.

Struggles with Lil in the morning are tough although today was not as bad as the last 2 days.

A week and a half until Christmas break!
                          Karin

Comment

• So sorry the meeting was cancelled. Hang in there.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Last night I think she could just feel ramped up and went and put the weighted neck and shoulder wrap on, then slept with it. I really think a weighted blanket will work wonders.
                              Karin

Comment

• is that her Christmas present?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X