Clear All

• farm eggs have spoiled me!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I know, I am jealous.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        I know, I am jealous.
        You and me both. $7 a dozen here unless I can snag them at the farmer's market where they tend to sell out early.

Comment

• they run around $4 a dozen here and are very hard to come by. the hubs has been trying to talk me into getting chickens (I think, either that or he is pulling my leg figuring I will never get around to it).
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            they run around $4 a dozen here and are very hard to come by. the hubs has been trying to talk me into getting chickens (I think, either that or he is pulling my leg figuring I will never get around to it).
            dude, that would rock. I'd love to have some chickens but I the apt complex will not allow it. That and the weasel would eat them.

Comment

• ummmm.. $2-3/doz farm eggs here. I want to get some chickens this spring! I will probably start small and then grow from there. We have the acreage just not the know how. I have been researching though.
              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                ummmm.. $2-3/doz farm eggs here. I want to get some chickens this spring! I will probably start small and then grow from there. We have the acreage just not the know how. I have been researching though.
                First the chickens, then the goats, then the cows and pigs. Pretty soon you will have a primal nirvana and we'll all move in.

Comment

• LOL!!! Creating a Commune.. We have talked about goats. I would only get cows if they were miniature (not THAT much acreage) and probably a no on pigs too. lol
                  Karin

Comment

LOL!!! Creating a Commune.. We have talked about goats. I would only get cows if they were miniature (not THAT much acreage) and probably a no on pigs too. lol
                    I'm not buying it. I saw a great documentary on Kansas, I think it was called the Wizard of Oz. I know you have tons of acreage for pigs and such. I could do without the twisters, flying monkeys, and mean old ladies on bicycles but movies don't lie.

Comment

• LOL.. my PERSONAL acreage.. yeah, not so much. I have a little less than 5 acres. As for twisters?? Psh.. its like dodge ball! The flying monkeys and witches are fun!! I see them most during rush hour. LOL
                      Karin

Comment

LOL.. my PERSONAL acreage.. yeah, not so much. I have a little less than 5 acres. As for twisters?? Psh.. its like dodge ball! The flying monkeys and witches are fun!! I see them most during rush hour. LOL
                        LOL if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a twister.

Comment

• LOL true!
                          Karin

Comment

• We don't have the acreage, but I could build a fence along the side of the house and they would have a pretty nice woodsy run. I just don't know what you do with them in the winter, and when they stop laying. Oh yeah and a small red fox as well as a coyote have been spotted in the neighborhood. Plus the neighbors we wanted to irritate by getting the chickens are selling their house.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• there are small coops that are pretty esthetically appealing. As for winter, the egg gal is putting in more lights and heat to extend their laying period. She is not sure if it will help, or how long it will extend but...

See, we have coyotes, foxes, hawks etc. Chicken wire, chicken wire chicken wire..
                              Karin

Comment

• new therapy with the kid tonight.. <watch this space>
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X