No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI.. new Avon catalogs out. In order to get gifts by Christmas, orders need to be in by Dec. 14th.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• speaking of orders...got mine yesterday. Thanks

Comment

• fantastic!! I will be curious how you like it.
        Karin

Comment

• so my daughter just had a melt down.. I have to remember the holidays are kind of a struggle for her. I do not know how to make them easier. She wants to give all her stuff away because their are others without. I see the depression coming back into play and am thinking we need to add back the prozac. I was so hoping for less meds than more. She does not want to help to do anything though.

Personally, I try to be empathetic but at times lose my temper. ahhh yes, yea old holiday.. trying not to ba-hum-bah!
          Karin

Comment

• Its Monday.. Its the holidays and I am working on my attitude.

Even though I am not in the "holiday spirit", I am bothered by a lack of tree. I do not know why, just an expectation?? I am looking on pintrest for tree alternatives and have found quite a few that would work. I will share with Lily this afternoon.

Lily's morning was tough. She is not sleeping well and woke still very sleepy. Very hard to get her going and me not forget everything I need to for today. I am also panicing because I have lost her new RX. I have a call in.

Break-through for home. I will be doing all the meal planning and cooking (no need to try and work it out with mom) and will take care of the clean up. She hates to cook etc. I told her I will meal plan etc. This way, I can also eat the way I need to and can control what I need to. We started this over the weekend and so far its working well. I am no longer conferring with mom with the food and having the "what are we making for dinner angst".
            Karin

Comment

• man the "what are we having for dinner" is hard enough if I had to confer with someone I would go batty, congrats on the new arrangement, has to improve things right?

the year we were in the apartment we did a small tree (went to cut it down) with homemade ornaments, a bevy of cotton ball snowmen. they looked great against the dark green tree, and each one ends up with its own facial expression, they spent the season naming them and telling me what each one was thinking/feeling by reading the facial expression! I still have them and put them on the tree this year, they don't show as well against the white but their little facial expressions are still adorable.
              http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or...e8d228f1b8.jpg these aren't ours, but this is what we did.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I tried to get her to tell me what was up about having a tree. She said it hurts. When I asked her to elaborate, melt down. Over stimulation? I am checking out some of these ideas:

35 Awesome Traditional Christmas Tree Alternatives | Home Decor

CUTE idea with the cotton snow men!
                Karin

Comment

• I like the first one in the frame. You could use wire hangers and bend them to shape use a light spool wire to hold them together, get the frame form Goodwill or some such place, and use the snowman idea instead of the balls if you hang it against a dark wall. It would be cute, not take up much space-physically or mentally, easy, fast, and cheap.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 1st sensory therapy appointment is tomorrow. I hope this works. These ups and downs are a killer for the family mood.
                    Karin

Comment

• odd that the camp, that was a total change in schedule/location/food/everything helped her, but the switch from the Thanksgiving break back to school seems to have derailed her. Fingers crossed for a very positive outcome from the sensory therapy.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• yes *sigh* Its a puzzle..
                        Karin

Comment

• Got the protein/coffee down this morning.. with outside duty (its presently 8 degrees, no idea what it is with the windchill) I (in my CW brian fart) thought I needed something a bit heartier, and got an egg mc muffin. Ummm.. those muffins just taste BAD. Eww.. I also got a large coffee but I am sorry, this cup does NOT look large enough!
                          Karin

Comment

• didn't you have any of your egg muffins? outside duty in 8 degrees just might burn it off though?
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• nope.. ran out. In fact I am almost out of eggs. Hopefully my egg lady calls today. She said the hens have slowed down. I may have to buy.. STORE eggs.. ugh!
                              Karin

Comment

• egad!!!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X