Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    advantage taken.
    Awesome! I saw your order. I hear a lot of good stuff about that product.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      I plan to order foundation and the "Passion" perfume, but it has to wait until after Christmas.
      We are going to be a bit short due to the late Thanksgiving and our xmas trip to FL.
      Ahhh..totally understand. I appreciate anytime you can order.

Karin

Comment

• Bought a new kindle book today called Diet Recovery. It was free but it talks about paleo and hormones. I figure at the least it's same story different author. We will see

Karin

Comment

• sometimes hearing the same thing from a different voice is all it takes.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This morning was better than yesterday with Lily but wow.. I am so not taking care of me in the morning *sigh*
            Karin

Comment

• sorry about the sudden decline, stick with it and she will pull back to where you were when y'all got back from the camp.

And do not forget the airline rule, put your oxygen mask on first or you won't be able to help anyone else!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ^ Right. And, as my adoption support group reports, progress is almost always followed by regression. The holidays are not probably helping anything for her. Hang tight and take care of yourself!!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• No, holidays and even birthdays are awful, which is sad sad sad. This tells me I need to try and up her therapy and see if I can counter it.

Working on taking care of myself first but hard to do when I am drowning..figuratively of course.

The scale might be showing a little movement but I can not be sure. Bottom line is I need to move. My knee has been achey since this colder weather has set in but I need to not let it deter me. I also need to track, even though I am doing primarily primal. I am also thinking the sweet potatoes are not doing me any favors. I do not eat many when I have them, but it is higher carb than I am used to. I think I need to get back to LC/VLC to start seeing results. Maybe once I move more I can incorporate a little higher carbs.

I also need to get my protein back up. Since the holidays my plan is off. BAck to the protein powder for me.
                  Karin

Comment

• Movement is an excellent way to improve your health in general, it is not however the best path to weight loss, I wouldn't stress over it. Tighten up the Primal, get back to the protein, then you can lower your carbs slowly, then as you start to feel better you can slowly increase your movement. I think you have not yet discovered your "magic bullet" so to speak, not yet anyway. So I feel like tracking what you eat, movement (when and if you add it-or maybe start wearing your fitbit again so you can track sleep as well) and keeping your daily weight in your MFP is going to be very helpful to pin it down. Changing only one thing at a time is going to be helpful in determining what it is that really works for you, I think.

Is there an immediate thing that you can do when things are not going well with Lily that might reduce your stress or defuse the situation? I am clueless here, but maybe there was something you picked up from the camp (or maybe you could contact someone from the camp) for ideas?
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I think I need a couple of items but it will take a bit to get them. I need a weighted vest (I have it in the shopping cart of Amazon- waiting for a payday when I can get it). I also need a weighted blanket for her. The weighted neck and shoulder pillow is just not enough. With the weighted blanket, I need to get the poly beads to sew inside (also in my Amazon cart). For now, I need to increase some home therapy. I have number for a place in Wichita that can do an assessment and therapy so I am working on getting that set up. Before the break we had our schedule, then the break happened and we are working hard to get back to the schedule. I have cancelled my Avon show this saturday because Lily needs me (I tend to do better with her than my mom, who would watch her). So that said, I have a couple things in the mix. I need to work harder at pulling it all together- its hard alone but can be done. I keep thinking when I get this all together, I can take better care of myself as well.. only it is not working this way. So, I need to go about things a different way.

One step forward, 2 steps back..
                      Karin

Comment

• I bet it is really 2 steps forward 1 step back, but hard to see it that way when you are in the middle of it all.

So here is my view on taking care of yourself...you have to eat right? Now, seriously it is no harder to eat in a manner that supports your health than in a manner that hinders your health. My memory is that your joint issues are generally lessened when you stay away from grains. So start there. Eat plenty of protein and veggies and fruits, disregarding the micros for now, so that you are not tempted by the grains. Keep stews and soups in individual containers (tis the season), make your egg muffins, and enjoy your coffee with protein powder (or egg whites, I often use cartons of cage free egg whites to get my protein, dump them raw into your drink and whip it with a stick blender). I have also jumped on the gelatin band wagon (I use Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate - 6 Pack - Consumer Products) which actually seems to help my joints. My doc has also prescribed a topical NSAID, don't know the name yet, I will pick it up tomorrow, for my arthritic thumbs.

In my long, though admittedly not entirely successful, dieting career, I have come to believe that we eat what is most easily nutritionally accessible when we are nutritionally deprived. And that as we feed ourselves nutritionally we tend to need the fast nutrients less. Thus making myself stick to something for this long a period of time has greatly diminished the amount of times (as well as the amount in quantity) that I eat things that do not promote good health for me.

You can do this.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Good news, I talked to an OT for Sensory Processing Disorder tonight regarding my daughter. We talked for over an hour. After sharing she thinks Lily is a definite candidate for evaluation. I have paperwork to do but our appointment is next tues. It looks like if she qualifies and it sounds like she does, we will start therapy in the clinic and then transition to home creating a sensory area for her at home. It's a start but already a relief..

Karin

Comment

• Good! These things will help you both. Cool fb page you found. Support is always helpful!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• The bad part about this though is out is not a recognized medical condition, which is ridiculous!!! This means she can not get OT at school

Karin

Comment

• but I bet during your sessions at the clinic they can suggest things that Lily's teacher could do that would make both of their lives easier. Wallow in the good news for at least a day
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X