No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for the best Thanksgiving food As for the slippery slope that is pie...yeah, I usually slide into it face first.

Comment

• LOL Canio!!

ok.. just made a fantastic breakfast and thought to share. Breakfast Remedy: Easy Paleo Pie | paleology101
      I did not have sausage so I skipped the sausage crust but IT DID NOT NEED IT! If you needed a heartier breakfast to like hunt a bear, I would say, make the crust
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• congrats on staying primal, and to the pie, well hell, ya gotta live right?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• thank you!! I am walking the walk.. or sometimes it looks like a stumble.. you get the idea
          Karin

Comment

• Hey I have read that walking is essentially our way of keeping ourselves from falling on our face, each step is a catch to prevent the fall forward.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Re: slippery slope.

I am doing well avoiding the pie for breakfast trap. Tomorrow when we leave, all of the leftovers stay behind as well.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ah, the benefit of not doing Thanksgiving at home! We will likely not have a lot left by the end of the weekend. DD promised a friend of hers she would bring him something. He was supposed to have Thanksgiving with us, but ended up having to work! So after I make DH a couple of lunches to freeze the rest will go to her friend.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Oh yeah, the pie for breakfast is a challenge. eek
                  Karin

Comment

• awake at 3am.. lungs are whistling.. I hate asthma
                    Karin

Comment

• Ugh. Hope today is better. [I bet the dry air here in NM would make the asthma better, you know]
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh yes i am sure. I wish mom were more open to moving back. She grew up in Albuquerque.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                        Karin

Comment

• Ok, so with Thanksgiving over, I am still not in the Christmas spirit. I dont care to have a tree etc. If i did not have a kid i would skip it. Excuse my grinchy moment.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                          Karin

Comment

• Hi

Grinch away. I happen to love Christmas but i'll defend anybody's right not to get caught up in something just cos everyone else is doing it. But with kids It feels like the big C is the one thing where you really cant be the embarrassing parent.
                            Of course, you might find more peace of mind if you were to reframe your approach - maybe find a few positives in the whole shebang and make the most of those. I hope it all comes good for you as well as those you are doing it for.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Going to be hard this year with a short season. Very difficult to make myself decorate for such a short period of time, so I get it. Luckily we don't do gifts. DS is getting a shotgun for skeet club and I plan to get DD a small emerald ( her birthstone) and just the cards.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Short season and this year money is always tight this time of year (tags etc.). Lily's gifts are pretty much done. They are larger this year. I have a feeling it has begun, she is getting older and the gifts are getting more expensive. She and I are getting bows, arrows, arm guards and a target of some sort as we discovered we love archery. Its another way to do things together and this can also qualify as part of her OT. She will get a stocking with a bunch of girlie stuff she loves. I ummm also have to replace her tablet.. Hers broke tonight and it was my fault. *sigh* I used to do 3 nice large gifts because Jesus got 3 gifts, rethinking this a bit but still trying to hold with tradition.

Thanks Autumn Tiger. I love Christmas usually. This new territory with my daughter just makes it all exhausting. Holidays and birthdays are not fun. While we try and keep everything low key, schedules are off and she does not do well with that. Her behaviors are hard to keep a handle on. I am hoping to get a weighted blanket made in time for Christmas for her which should help.

Chris.. one when I was single, I indulged in having a wreath only. It was lovely. LOL
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X