No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can get dizzy when my sinuses and/or ears are bothering me. I usually just take some benadryl or claratin or zyrtek something like that, ie. whatever I have on hand-luckily it is rare for me.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yo-yo.. so now down.. I have been up and down these 5 pounds for a few days. Yesterday and today I have had some faulty eating (my fault- no blame shift) Sleep last night SUCKED. I am this theory when my house is cleaned and organized like I like it, I will make better food choices and make progress. Trying to get there. I "almost" just want to chuck everything and start with nothing again.

Avon show coming up. Kind of nervous/excited. I need to make sure I pack good food. They are serving chicken and noodles in the concession but thats a derail for me.

Last night made egg muffins and took them with me to eat at school. Mom had to stop for donuts as rewards for her kids for bringing in their goal of canned food (I can not resist Derby Donuts..ugh!! They have a donut with maple icing and BACON on top). Good golly. So I kept the egg muffins for lunch and enjoyed them. (eggs, my dehydrated onions, cheese, sausage and green chili)

Not sure what the plan is for dinner tonight but I have fresh pork to turn into sausage. I think I would be happy with bacon and eggs tonight. Those never get old.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am in the midst of a do-over in my basement. I just drag the giant trash bin into the basement and start tossing all of those things I thought I might be able to use to make some possible craft or other. I am working to cull it down to just knitting and painting and home improvement projects.

I feel sure that if you could get yourself one really good day, then another then another, your trend (though it would still look like a roller coaster) would start more downward. I really feel like your body urges you to eat because it needs something. If it isn't nutrients then maybe stress relief or order or what ever. But really feel like you need to pinpoint the need in order to be able to stop derailing yourself.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• +1 I am a whole hearted proponent of Chris' theory.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• i have been trying to pin it down..I know part is because I am tired. That is a quick way to derail and makes stress pale in comparison. Maybe I need to just break down things in smaller steps. I need to work on getting that sleep. Once I have that down see what the other triggers are.
            Karin

Comment

• I would not give up on the high protein breakfast. The thing that in my mind could be a problem (if you want to call it that) with protein shakes vs. real food is their relatively low fat content. However if your egg muffins have bacon, that should help make up for it. Did you put them into MFP to see what they have in them.

The problem with focusing on sleep to the exclusion of watching the food is that you are negatively affected by certain foods which could then negatively effect your sleep. So maybe while you are focusing on sleep quality you could also work to replace the foods that cause you pain (as well as figuring out a way to take your meds regularly-if you are gonna take em you gotta do it right). And in replacing those foods, be sure to replace them with better for you alternatives.

It is my belief that for P and I, we finally hit on what it is our bodies need as opposed to so much focus on what we don't need. So be sure that you are replacing and not just dropping. Not the sugary stuff so much, but maybe figure out what it is you tend to go toward (sounds like grains) and what do you think you might be getting from grains that you can get from something else. If it is fiber replace with a high fiber food, they are also high in B vitamins, iron, and magnesium. You can do a google search for foods that fit that bill and probably find there are other foods that contain all of those (spinach or artichokes maybe).

I think it is less about trigger (except for candy or the donuts) and more about deficiency.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• A high protein breakfast is supposed to improve your sleep too.

I would recommend a product by Source Naturals called Theanine Serene. It has l-theanine and gaba. It helps calm and relax you for sleep. I take mine at about 7 or 8 to get to bed by 10.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  I would not give up on the high protein breakfast. The thing that in my mind could be a problem (if you want to call it that) with protein shakes vs. real food is their relatively low fat content. However if your egg muffins have bacon, that should help make up for it. Did you put them into MFP to see what they have in them.

The problem with focusing on sleep to the exclusion of watching the food is that you are negatively affected by certain foods which could then negatively effect your sleep. So maybe while you are focusing on sleep quality you could also work to replace the foods that cause you pain (as well as figuring out a way to take your meds regularly-if you are gonna take em you gotta do it right). And in replacing those foods, be sure to replace them with better for you alternatives.

It is my belief that for P and I, we finally hit on what it is our bodies need as opposed to so much focus on what we don't need. So be sure that you are replacing and not just dropping. Not the sugary stuff so much, but maybe figure out what it is you tend to go toward (sounds like grains) and what do you think you might be getting from grains that you can get from something else. If it is fiber replace with a high fiber food, they are also high in B vitamins, iron, and magnesium. You can do a google search for foods that fit that bill and probably find there are other foods that contain all of those (spinach or artichokes maybe).

I think it is less about trigger (except for candy or the donuts) and more about deficiency.
                  Oh I do not plan to change the protein part at all. In fact, often I go over the what. 101g that is recommended. You right, I do crave the grains and it defiantly can be a deficiency in something. I am not going to shift away from getting on the right food track but more look at the reasons I get derailed and work on them with the right foods. Its like a dang puzzle.

Yes, you and P seem to have found the key. I am still searching (where is that metal detector when you need it)

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  A high protein breakfast is supposed to improve your sleep too.

I would recommend a product by Source Naturals called Theanine Serene. It has l-theanine and gaba. It helps calm and relax you for sleep. I take mine at about 7 or 8 to get to bed by 10.
                  See, thats what I think too. Isn't that what they say for the leptin reset? So, maybe I need to give it more time. I will look into those supps though. I need to start taking the melatonin again. I stopped when I started sleeping good.
                  Karin

Comment

• So I just saw a recipe for protein waffles. Now that might be the answer to your need for "grains" and protein. It was on pinterest. You could make them ahead and toast them for breakfast.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• hmmm.. I will look them up. Maybe as pancakes. I ditched the waffle maker long ago.
                      Karin

Comment

• I am sure that they would work as pancakes. Put some macerated fruit on top. Or even protein crepes. I know I have seen those on Pinterest.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I will check out those protein crepes. Sounds like something to play around with this weekend.

Down 3 today. Hooray. I have a good food day plan today. I just had a couple of the egg cups and coffee. I might need to add a protein shake later. I tell you, those egg cups are good in a pinch for dinner too! I need to make more tonight.

Sleep: WOW.. much better night. I do not know why or what the difference is. I had a glass of wine last night but 2 glasses the night before. Maybe?? I dunno. I have had some of these bottles for a while and they do no one any good sitting in the wine rack. Last night's selection was a blueberry fruit wine from somewhere in New York. It was a gift YEARS ago.

Weather: its chilly and they are calling for a wintery mix thurs night/ fri morning. In Kansas, the translation is freezing rain. Oh joy.
                          Karin

Comment

• maybe one is enough to relax and 2 is enough to disturb the quality of sleep? I am pretty sure that the reason my DH has to sleep so many hours is because he drinks just enough to disturb the quality of his sleep (and thus mine usually). I like a nice glass of wine to finish off the day, I usually forget though.

Did you add protein to the coffee? So (did I already ask this? if so sorry) have you figured out the nutrient value of your egg cups? I ask because when I was making them they didn't seem to do the trick, then I plugged it into MFP and figured out that even 2 of them were just not much nutrition. Without the added flour the muffins just don't have that many calories/protein/fat. To get to a point nutritionally where your breakfast makes a difference regarding sleep as well as staying on plan andfollowing along with P's plan, I am going to guess that you need 2 of them, as well as a protein coffee, and maybe a banana (potassium and magnesium), orange, or apple.

I keep a batch of the egg cups in the freezer and add them to DH's lunches when they look a little light on nutrients.

Sorry about your weather, wish I could send ours around to everyone. It is a bright crisp clear 40 degrees, expected high 65. I love it!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• oh, and p.s. congrats on the loss!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• another p.s. did you see Mark's blog post from last week on a recipe for bacon pancakes, with egg whites and gelatin?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X