No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the thing that happens is that you will get really into a game on it for a while then get bored after a while, so it is nice to have the virtual yard sale thing going so you can sell as well as buy. Although my kids are hoarders so won't let me get rid of any of the stuff. Since they used their allowances to buy it, I will adhere to their wishes.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Best soup EVER 2 days in a row! My protein is kind of low so far so this afternoon after my kids go to their specials/explo's I am having a protein shake. Dinner will be soup again with hamburger I think. Its so good on these COLD days. Todays high is 50. Not sure with wind chill though.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        the thing that happens is that you will get really into a game on it for a while then get bored after a while, so it is nice to have the virtual yard sale thing going so you can sell as well as buy. Although my kids are hoarders so won't let me get rid of any of the stuff. Since they used their allowances to buy it, I will adhere to their wishes.
        I get rid of Lily's things when I need to. Depending on what it is decides if she gets the cash. If its her excess things SHE wants to get rid of, she gets the cash. If its items she has outgrown, I get it because I just turn around and spend it on her anyway. LOL
        Karin

Comment

• I have always kept a checkbook for my kids and that is how they got/get their allowance. It pays for their cell phones, the girl from Guatemala that they sponsor, and car insurance. I add and subtract as needed. When they wanted to buy something, they had to check and see if they had enough money for it. The sponsorship has kind of killed any extra discretionary money, so they now have to work if they want to buy things. Anyway, my rule has always been if they paid for it they decide what to do with it. Now having said that, if it is sitting in my space in the basement, I may have forgotten who paid for it, especially if I know they won't miss it
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Brrr... just brrrr...

We have not had the furnace man come out yet but thats a call for tomorrow as it is just cold. We have other heaters in the house but its just not the same. oh and wine does NOT warm you up. Moving on to tea. Its sad when its too cold to eat. However, I will be sorry if I do not. Had a little bacon. I was going to have soup but the cold is affecting my motivation. Heading to bed soon.
            Karin

Comment

• I am sitting on the hearth with the fire going. I cannot get my hands warm. Just chilled to the bone. Luckily it is a fast day for me so I don't need to eat. DH got leftovers heated just long enough so I could quickly get back to the fire.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Sleep has been awful for a few days. I need to do melatonin again I think.

low on protein again this morning. I ran out of time for the shake. I am going to have one this afternoon.

Standing most of the day at my "standing desk".
                Karin

Comment

• I seem to remember that you can cook with the UMP protein (I used to add it to DH's breakfast bars), maybe you could make some kind of muffins high enough in protein that you could skip the shake for breakfast. Or I saw a breakfast pudding where they used greek yogurt and protein powder and berries and sweetener could be made ahead. Well for that matter could you make the shake the night before and put it in the fridge?

I need to look for something I can strap to a stand I found in the basement at work. The top is too small for the keyboard and mouse to fit on but it is the perfect height, and it looks nice. My desk top won't come till just before we close for Christmas.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Awake at midnight and still awake at 2 am :

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                    Karin

Comment

• Ya know if we could solve the whole sleep thing, we could not only be healthier and thinner, we could make a fortune.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• down 8 pounds this morning. Water weight? Probably. I had a pretty awful food day yesterday- still within calories but it was a mess. I stood most of the class periods yesterday as well.

I agree, if we could master this sleep issue.. ugh!

Its Friday!
                        Karin

Comment

• If you are going to count every pound up as a gain then any weight lost is a loss! I hope you are tracking the weights!

Hard as it would be to do your breakfasts and lunches at the end of the day, I sort of feel like it would be easier than prepping them in the morning. It seems to me for both you and P and Ruth too, that the morning intake really sets up the whole day. For me too, but in the opposite way as y'all. It seems to me that if you don't get a good hearty, protein packed breakfast, with a decent amount of healthy fat then you start looking for food early and often, then the downward slide continues as the day wears on. For me, if I eat early I have just lengthened the window of time to pack in the calories.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Who cares if it's water weight? 8 lb is 8 lb and is a GREAT start. Keep at it.

Re: protein. I wonder if being morning people influences the need for breakfast? Or, maybe it's just that we all have to get up so dag gum early each day, that even if we're not naturally morning people, we have to function like them. Interesting, how we are all different.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• FYI: Just in time for stocking stuffers!! $12.99 for all. Welcome

PROD_201324D_XL.jpg
                              Karin

Comment

• Yay! I also need to buy some foundation, but I am liable to get the color wrong. Any suggestions?
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X