No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under armour shirts were recommended for my son Kevin too.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• This kind of explains why she prefers to wear leggins or only skinny type jeans. I figure getting the top compressed a bit will help. I have started something new with Lily. When she starts to lose it with temper/melt down, I ask her to come to me and I hug her. tight and for a duration. She has TOTALLY de-escalated each time I have done this. Coincidence? I am now wondering if she has been diagnosed correctly. The research I have done says symptoms for ADHD and MSD look alike.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• In our parenting classes, they've told us a lot of firm touch (sometimes, with foster kids, they don't trust you enough for hugs). I can see this helping a lot. I'm SO glad you guys are finding some tools to help you. [When I get my kids, you guys can all give me great advice]
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I live in a great community. So last night I put a ISO on the virtual yard sale sites I am a part of for small and extra small under armor shirts for Lily's compression therapy. Not only did people go through their kids clothes and offer then dirt cheap. A few want to just give them to her. I am feeling so blessed and humble right now.

I am thrilled to say we had another great morning. The getting up and getting ready was so much easier than in weeks past. Tight long hugs are working great. I know the under armor shirts will just add to all of this. WOW! I have so much to talk to the therapist about when we go again. Could it be we have been so wrong about her diagnosis all this time?
          Karin

Comment

• It could be wrong...could also be that this therapy is what you needed in addition to everything else? It's all so confusing. In either case, it's so dag gum awesome that this camp did so much for you and your family. Yay!!!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• You are right Ruth. I just do not know. What I DO know, is that this is working. I am so thankful right now. I know there may come a time when she needs "more", not sure what that will look like so I have to just live in the now.
              Karin

Comment

• Now you know you are on the right path and have a great place where you can find some help and resources. Enjoy the now...it sounds like it has literally changed your life. I don't know if this applies, but we have been told that a lot of time kids will make awesome progress, backslide a bit, then go further forward (two steps forward, one step back). That may be the trauma thing and may thus not apply, but thought I would mention it just in case it does appear.

Tell me again how that online garage sale thing works?
                -- Ruth

Comment

• On Facebook there are groups. Some of these groups you can join are virtual yardsales. People advertise what they are selling OR you can put out an "in search of" for something. Go on facebook and in the search type your city and yardsale or virtual yardsale etc. then ask to join the group. You get updates on what people are selling etc.
                  Karin

Comment

• Aha, found some. So cool. I expect this might come in handy when we have the kids. And, we're cleaning out mom's storage unit...so will be needing to sell some stuff!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• its an awesome way to sell stuff because I do not have the time or patience for a garage sale.
                      Karin

Comment

• the under armour was exactly what I was talking about. DS wore it for football and rifle and DD wears it for running.

Room Essentials® Down Alternative Comforter : Target

Comforter like this^ and this is so cheap you might not be able to find it cheaper at Goodwill. Then after you put the pellets in, you could still put the whole thing in a duvet cover so it would "match" her room. What you can probably do is get a bean bag at goodwill and use the pellets. Between those and a Duvet cover you should be able to get the weight you need, given how light she is.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I see. Yep, that would be easy! I just bought her a bean bag chair. I think when she sits in it and it conforms around her it will be good as well. Looks like I need to head to the goodwill. I need to check because my mom had a comforter like this she no longer uses.
                          Karin

Comment

• Today I spent the majority of each class at my podium (standing desk). My legs and feet are not tired but my tummy is having issues today.
                            Karin

Comment

• there you go. those beads for the bean bag chairs are not that heavy, but once you fill up the comforter and add the duvet cover you should have it covered. And putting the beads in each of the pockets will have that same sort of conforming effect.
                              Chris
                              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Tummy issues from food on the trip?

I am sitting down right now for the first time today. They are painting in my office. My feet will do better when my new shoes come.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X