No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate to give what sounds like contradictory advice, but I think fasting right now is a bad idea for you. Eating consistantly will help regulate everything including sleep and hormones.

The only changes I made over three weeks ago was that I greatly increased my morning protein and I stopped fasting. The binging has stopped, I am sleeping better and my hormones have begun to work the way they should.

I know, you are going through an awful time with your daughter. I am sorry. As Chris said, you will be better able to handle tough situations if you are taking care of yourself.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Wish I had something helpful to add. I am going to try to send you a link to these exercises (for stress release) that I have tried. I think they might be helpful. Wish I could send you the entire program.

Hugs. Have a great day.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Gosh, I hope that there wasn't anything that I said that might have indicated that I was suggesting anything even remotely like a fast.

I was actually trying to suggest Karin stop worrying about calorie counting and start eat to health. Which I suspect will take her right up to her TDEE. I think there needs to be a serious, consistent, influx of nutrients and a commitment to keeping those foods out of her diet that make her feel less than stellar for at least the next few weeks. I think that keeping calories down have created a nutritional crisis here. When ever you start a plan-any plan, you tend to drop your calories down to 1500 daily or less, then can't sustain it (because you are starving your body), so your body forces you to eat easy calories in an attempt to fill its needs. Unfortunately those tend to be the very foods that cause your body distress.

To my memory eating to health for you would mean lots of protein, sparse amounts of select veggies and a fruit or 2 daily, no grains or nightshades, and some fermented foods...kombucha, pickled beets, sauerkraut, etc.

I would not add any supplements until you have gotten your diet and meds in order for a month or so. Then evaluate what you might need after eating well has not done enough, if that ends up being the case.

p.s. @marcadav, I turn 55 next month and still experiencing TOM, agreed infuriating.
        Last edited by demuralist; 10-14-2013, 07:38 AM. Reason: p.s.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• No, I was referring to Karin fasting on Friday, but after a reread, it looks as if it was an accident.

I thought that most recently, she was following some form of adf like the rest of us. By contradictory advice, I meant that even though adf worked for weight loss for all of us, it may not be a good place for her to make a restart.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• ah, ok, yep, I totally agree with that advice. I think any form of fasting should wait until the body is well nourished and reasonably healthy. It is definitely a stress to the body.

I actually believe that eating for health will cause weight loss, as it will reduce inflammation in the body and reduce the need for going off plan.

But I also strongly believe that health is number one top priority, weight loss will follow with patience and consistency.

p.s. given how expensive good supplements are, and how frustrating experimenting with them to find the right one is, I would strongly recommend you have your doc check for deficiencies (especially, B12, Iron, and D)
            Last edited by demuralist; 10-14-2013, 10:00 AM.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The fast on Friday was totally an accident. I was just moving from one project to the next and forgot. It is not my plan to fast at this time, just to eat good nourishing food and replenish what my body is obviously missing.

Last night's sleep was ok, not great. I woke still tired. I really hate this, but winding down is tough sometimes.

This morning I had 4 eggs in butter with iced coffee and for lunch I had some of my homemade veggie soup with hamburger in it. So good, especially on this chilly drizzle of a day. I am still a little hungry though so may have to pop some pork rinds in the microwave later.

I am very interested in ANYTHING to relieve stress. I do listen to some bi...something beats, have not seen it really help as of yet though. Maybe I will feel better after this trip to Texas.
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• wait, I missed that, you are taking a trip to Texas? For fun?

Maybe you should make yourself some fat bombs and have one with your lunch? Add some protein powder to melted CO or maybe some Sunbutter maybe a sprinkle of a few nibs? let then harden in the fridge in mini cupcake papers or just tablespoon sized dollops. Would fix you right up.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Hey, when I order the Avon stuff, if I take advantage of the free shipping does that cut into your commission?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I thought I mentioned the trip to texas. It is like a family therapy weekend at a place called Charis Hills. This is where I am sending DD for AT LEAST one week next summer. Its a summer camp for kids like her with ADHD, OCD and ODD. The theme of this weekend there is family roles. This should be good because looking at the way she see's things lines are blurred. So fun?? eh, maybe. I think SHE will have fun. Lots of things for kids to do and the parents are in sessions. Fat bombs is a good idea! I forgot about that. Anyway, leaving Halloween and coming back that Sunday.

Avon: Nope, free shipping does not affect anything!! Yeah for free shipping!
                    Karin

Comment

• Wow, that sounds great! When are you going?
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Well, hopefully at least a stress reducing weekend. Except for the drive (or do you fly?).

Awesome on the free shipping! I will complete the order first thing tomorrow.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• We are driving. We are leaving after school and will stay in Oklahoma. DD will be able to swim and then on to TX on Friday. Hopefully it will be pretty stress free.
                          Karin

Comment

• Where in tx?
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Sunset. I was thinking this summer when we drop her off at camp, maybe we can meet somewhere. We will be in TX for the week and are trying to figure what we want to do.
                              Karin

Comment

• That would be cool :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X