The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that is cool.

After my MIL passed away and we were going through her stuff, we found a huge hoard of unused Avon stuff. She always felt bad for her Avon rep so she order something every single time the lady came over. She had had the same rep from when her mother (DH's grandmother) was still alive, and they always had coffee and a little cake and each ordered from her. Some of the products in the stash were decades old! The Avon lady was at her funeral and introduced herself, I felt bad for her because I realized she was going to miss out on not only the sales but the regular coffee and gossip sessions.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ahhh.. tradition and company a good combination.

I must say, totally kicked a little ass in the food department tonight. Ok.. yeah, spaced eating breakfast and lunch (I was always on another project. I did have a cup of coffee with HWC though). Anyway, put on some soup in the crock (veggies + pumpkin) it was/is FAB-U-LOUS.. oh my gosh!! The wonder does not end there. We took some pork cutlets out of the freezer. I took CF, SP, onion powder and paprika and lightly coated them and fried them. Made gravy for the top which took the whole meal to a new level of YUM-A-LICIOUS. I have never made them that way but thought to give it a go with CF. Worked out so well.. this will be a redo meal in the future and hooray, we have enough for breakfast!!

Gorgeous weather today. I stayed outside and mowed and mowed until I shot the belt (damn it). I am going to need to find something to do outside tomorrow to justify going out when there is so much to do inside. LOL!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• When I made my veggie soup this time I didn't use any meat, but I am adding a protein source as I re-heat, to give variety to the soup since it makes such a massive batch. I am actually planning to make a fish chowder out of it for dinner, if I eat dinner, I am still stuffed from lunch (I ate too much).

I am planning to open the garage doors so I can enjoy the weather while I paint the frames. It is supposed to warm up here so I am not yet inclined to do any heavy yard work yet.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ain't it purty??? The pumpkin so SO GOOD in it.

PA120001.jpg
          Karin

Comment

• yum
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• weight is the same, same friggin same! I even accidentally IF'd to dinner. This menopause is kicking my ass.
              Karin

Comment

• I understand, Karin. I posted a note in my journal -- I think some of us have to be consistent for awhile to see thing. I also think you and I (and others) have to realize that the stress we live with is a big influencer on the weight and it might take us longer to get there....and, we've got to find a way to deal with it (mentally and physically). I took a resiliency class this week and they were teaching us techniques to manage stress. I'll let you know if any of it works
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Thank you Ruth. I will be interested on anything you learn. I think of myself as resilient, but my stress will be around for 7 more years. Sad but true.
                  Karin

Comment

• It was actually a pretty interesting training (I usually think these trainings waste my time). It was a condensed version of what they offer to the military, especially the active duty folks. Supposedly, they saw PTSD symptoms decrease rather significantly. Once I digest things, and give them a try, I'll be sure to share with you.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Karin, I often have scale moments in which my weight goes up after a fast day. Can you recap your week (food wise) and feel like, on balance, your scale should have said something different that what it did this morning?

p.s. I don't want to add to your stress, and while life will be easier when she is out of the house, the stresses she causes will just be different
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Well, I can not say everyday was perfect but it was a vast improvement. This week I will track better, probably in the notes of MFP.

As for DD, right now I just want her to finish school with a full head of hair and without a criminal record. I do not think that is too much to hope for. (I KINDA laugh here). I also know and realize hormones are kicking in and making life more difficult than before. So I would too like for her to finish school and with me to still have my hair and not have a criminal record. (again, a laugh a little here). Everything after that is a bridge I can not even see from this spot.
                        Karin

Comment

• though I hate to admit it, I really think that tracking, at least in the notes, is essential. For me, I will think oh that day was pretty good, then start to put everything down and shock myself. On the days that I can track as I go, or close to it, I do much better.

For you, my memory is that this past 2 weeks for you have been about figuring out the details of what will work for you. I am not surprised you did not lose a great deal of weight, though I am kinda surprised you didn't lose at least some water weight (remembering to take all your meds?).

Be patient, I think you should be focusing on those foods that promote you feeling good/healthy and hopefully once you get that pinned down then you can start to focus on seeing the scale going back down. Once you feel physically good/healthy, then you can more easily deal with the stresses of your life and get good sleep I bet the weight just flies off.

I am sorry that I have no words of wisdom for your situation with your DD though. Hugs.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Chris- I really suck taking meds on weekends.. there is no viable routine. You are right though, I am in the figuring it out stage. We all have looked at what works for others and ditch what we are doing and jump another direction. It seems like we all have similar but very different needs as well. This week is planned better and not so many veggies (that was a disaster). I need reminding to be patient and then nourishing the body is what needs to happen and the rest will fall in line (hopefully). I know once I feel good physically and mentally things will go better. Sleep is either great or it sucks.. it lacks consistency. I probably should take melatonin, but sometimes I wake with a headache- normal? What sucks is when I am EXHAUSTED and just want to sleep, but being SOUND asleep with DD awake is trouble. As in, nothing is sacred or safe. I wake to disasters.

As for DD, I am thinking a Doctor change and re-evaluation with another counselor is needed. I think we have gone as far as we can go with the current one. There is nothing new and no change. Is she on the right meds? who knows, I have a friend that suspects not based on quite a few things.

So, what did I do today besides eat like crap for the most part? I looked for t-shirts I will not wear again and have started to turn them into "string". I am going to braid a rug and then maybe use a hoola hoop to weave another with them. I will need more t-shirts but am off to a start. I have about a dozen t-shirt string balls of various colors. I saw the idea on pintrest. My arms and hands are tired so it was a good stress reliever. Maybe until we get a handle on things, this is best so I do not ring her pretty little neck when she pops off. lol
                            Karin

Comment

• I tend not to do my meds on my days off, which makes no sense because no matter what, I always make a cup of coffee. I need to put them next to the coffee machine.

I know you know this but I will say it anyway... When you eat at least reasonably well and feel better you are likely to handle the general life stresses much better. And yes, with consistency the scale will cooperate.

One of my DD's best friend made that braided T-shirt rug and it was beautiful. Very colorful, she uses it to make her dorm homier.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I time my meds around waking and going to bed. Thyroid meds are by my bed/clock and taken when I get up each day. Female hormones and vitamins are taken as part of my bedtime routine.Vitamins are taken at night because they have a tendency to make me nauseous and if I time them right I will be asleep before the queasiness hits.

Sleep sucked for me until I got female hormones situated. Even now, right before my period (how I can still be having them at my age--almost 57-- is inconceivable/maddening) my sleep suffers.

Comment

Working...
                                X