• Show
Clear All

• Ugh..i need to lay off the veggies

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• ok, I like that you are listening to your body! So it sounds like you need to be closer to LC. Now you just need to figure out the proportions of protein and fat that make it something you look forward to as opposed to something you have to stick to!

Well here is a question for you. What do you eat that makes your body happy? Things you enjoy eating and that your body doesn't rebel against? Let's ignore what "everyone" says is good or not good for you. Just what foods make your body unhappy and which make it happy? We know you have gluten issues, and veggie issues (at least nightshades right?). Do you have problems with fruit, any of the protein sources, etc. Lets get a list going.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok. To be honest, the occasional pasta does not cause distress. Bread is terrible though. Gastric distress sends me to pasta.

Ok. My body likes: eggs, beef, pork, chicken, berries, apples, citrus, organ meat, beets, green beans, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, pickles, olives, onions, zucchini, squashes, cukes(sometimes), quinoa, chilis in small quantities, mushrooms, honey,

Food with issues: excess dairy (cottage cheese, ice cream, milk), tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, excess sugar, chocolate on occasion, salad veggies lately (lettuce, carrots)-raw of any kind lately, broccoli sometimes, ice cream, beans, rice on occasion, nuts, tomatoes, msg-if its in meat i have a problem. Bacon not as bad as sausage (have to be careful-weird), lunch meats make me swell, corn, soy, sometimes I gag on cm, juice-any kind, bell peppers, oats,

Edited- i can over eat on rice, its probably the reason for distress

Still thinking..

Last edited by athomeontherange; 10-09-2013, 05:55 PM.
        Karin

Comment

• pasta instead of rice? for me gastric distress sends me to rice, but the way mom used to do, with melted butter and a bit of sugar (lazy rice pudding really). Although elbow noodles with a bit of butter and salt can be quit nice too.

I think if you seriously do not restrict yourself of anything and you DO NOT cram food in your mouth before you had a chance to check in to see what is really needed, your body will tell you exactly what it needs.

How about bacon? Do you have issues with processed meats like ham (I do!)? I think you need to get as complete a list as you can of the things you can eat, and then we can really make a nice menu for you.

That link that I sent you a few days ago (this one...Julie and Charles Mayfield of Paleo Comfort Foods give meals for the week tips and recipes.) how close can you get to that and be happy physically and mentally? I don't remember an excess of veggies on it. Maybe you can use it as a starting point, and cross off those things that don't agree with you and add the things that do that aren't already there?

p.s. if you go to the bottom of that article and click "meals for the week" it will give you 3 more of those so you could get an entire month's worth
          Last edited by demuralist; 10-09-2013, 05:12 PM.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I will check it out again..I am still adding to my list

Karin

Comment

• You don't necessarily need to be LC just because veggies are not agreeing with you. I am getting 75+ grams with 2 fruits, 1 starch and 2-3 veg per day.
              Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-10-2013, 08:15 AM.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Double post
                Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-09-2013, 06:16 PM.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• No you are right, I should have been more specific. I really consider any thing under like 150g low compared to what you likely have been having and certainly compared to SAD. And my memory is that the PB says under 150g (or is it 100g) is recommended for weight loss. But I definitely think that somewhere between P's 75g and 100g is probably enough to satisfy your need for carbs and still enough to lose weight.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• well.. this morning I had 4 eggs in butter and an iced coffee. Lunch will be some carrots, HB eggs and maybe some pork rinds. I know it sounds awful (It looks awful typed) but eggs tend to be good for my system. Something has got to change though, I am so tired- all the time. I know some of its hormones. I have the patch but I am terrible about putting a new one on, don;t ask why-I don't know. This morning my ankles are not as puffy, but there is still fluid.

The knee has been sore I did not wear my brace yesterday and today because I can not keep it up. I strap the sucker on take 3-4 steps and even cinching it up, it ends up at my ankles. So frustrating and exhausting. It seems all I do all day is adjust that damn thing. I have about 3 more weeks in it. I have an appt with PT later today so that can see what they can do.
                    Karin

Comment

• eggs are a cheap excellent source of nutrition.

Also, now that I am on a computer and not my phone, I can see P's plan. And really for you, Karin, it would seem like it is very reasonable. 2-3 veg a day, 2 fruits, and a starch (I would suggest measuring your portions to be safe in the beginning), added to a LOT of protein and good fats, would allow you to have things you enjoy, allow you to feed your body, and not force you to figure out a way to get all those veggies in. win, win, win!

(p.s. if you can't stomach the jar salads, and your mom isn't going to use them, take the protein out and eat it!)

So sorry about the knee, is there a smaller brace they could switch this one out for? If you can take them, you may consider an anti-inflammatory (advil?) before you go to the PT, as well as after, so that you can sleep tonight.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Now just add a 30 g protein drink to that breakfast and you have 50+ grams of protein.

Also, look into the amino acid recs of Julia Ross. My energy did not come up until I started taking them. I'll tell you what and how much if you want.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• ugh.. just did my budget for next month.. its not just squeaky its closed. Not enough $$ for everything so protein powder will have to wait.. as well well as groceries. The good news is the freezer is pretty well stocked. I will need to probably cook soups a lot.

When we talk starch, what are we talking about. Potatoes are bad news for me.
                          Karin

Comment

• I use white rice along with sweet potatoes. What about other root veggies?

FYI, a 20 serving container of whey protein costs $16 at Walmart
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• well if I can sell some avon I can afford some protein powder..LOL

well, aside from beets and sweet potatoes, I do not care for root veggies. I could do rice though. Like Chris said, I need to watch portions though.
                              Karin

Comment

• OMG How could I forget beets? I loooove them.

I have 1/2 cup of rice. I measure it every time.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X