No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe next time you could do the pumpkin spice latte instead of the granola bars? Today looks great! I will tell you the same thing I tell my DD, if eating a food distresses your tummy (for her it is meat) then you should be more vigilant about adding a bit of it into your diet regularly. Survival requires your digestive system be flexible.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok..I left school @ 5pm..had a migraine by then but my day was not over. Had to go get supplies to make a baby shower basket(pics later)bouquet and meds. Took 4 advil and fed the migraine a dinner roll...well rolls and a biscuit. Headache is gone now..very tired. Tomorrow is a new day. Co workers love the look of my salads btw.

Tomorrow should be normal so it should be better. Oh and I dont think my bp mefs are working well..cankles are back. :banghead:

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I used to never get hungry in the morning or before lunch like I am today. UGH! Iced coffee for breakfast and 2 egg muffins, jar salad for lunch and maybe some pork rinds. Baby shower today. Cake If its not chocolate, I know I will want a piece.
        Karin

Comment

• Made it to lunch- BARELY!!! LOL New favorite snack: microwave pork rinds!! Eating them with lunch because I feel ravenously hungry! They taste so god a little warm and popped fresh-ish. My salad is awesome. Its in an old claussen pickle jar (I do not have enough pints handy) and works just fine! So, again.. SANE breakfast and lunch.

TMI- on a side note.. my bowels are talking to me about all these veggies they are not used to.
          Karin

Comment

• let go of the guilt, and just freakin enjoy it. Eat it as slowly and as mindfully as you can. Do the best you can up to that point, and then do the best you can immediately following it. Note that this is not a license to eat everything in sight, just a small piece of mindfully enjoyed cake. It will not wreck all your hard work to eat well, it is just a piece of cake.

I bet you find out it doesn't taste as great as you thought, but you will still want another piece-weird thing a sugar addiction!

p.s. is the iced coffee and 2 muffins enough to really consider that you are front loading? or is it just a bit more than you were doing before. I don't want you to feel like you are dieting girly, or you won't be able to sustain it. remember you are not supposed to allow yourself to get hungry.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I DO NOT think I am front loading enough. I think perhaps I need a hamburger with it or some sausage/bacon etc.
              Karin

Comment

• next time you bake them you should add sausage/bacon! If you get 12 out of a batch, you probably use 12 eggs, maybe a cup or 2 total of veggies, you definitely need to add some meat - even a pound of beef/sausage will give you just about 1.3 oz of meat per muffin. So 2 will give you almost 3 oz of meat, 2 eggs, and some veggies (1/3C if you use 2C of veggies). Maybe eat 3 till you make a new batch?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I need to make more tonight..so tired. Today sucked and it started with Lily being a goat, in all ways. I need a tranquilizer.

Dinner tonight chicken liver with bacon and bbq sauce and green beans! Still hungry??? Eating more is stimulating my hunger, not sure i like that

Last edited by athomeontherange; 10-08-2013, 04:05 PM.
                  Karin

Comment

• Aim for the 50 grams. Use a protein powder to get there. I do 1/2 real protein, 1/2 whey.

My breakfast today
                    2ex lg eggs with peppers and onions. 14g
                    3 slices bacon 9g
                    Greek yogurt with pineapple 13g
                    Body Fortress chocolate whey protein 30g (Walmart)
                    66g protein total. (goal 65-75g)

I know you are trying to do SANE, but you may have to make room at breakfast for the protein you need. I have one serving of veg at each meal. That is all.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Ugh..mornings. I have got to leave so early in the morning.. yeah, might need to get some protein powder to hit it.

Karin

Comment

• I agree with Paula on this one. And maybe even push a little more of the envelope to say that I think trying to go SANE for you, right now, is probably expecting too much. You are not a big veggie eater anyway, your body obviously doesn't love it, so maybe it is just too far a jump from your comfort zone.

Lets say you still pre-make the egg muffins with the veggie but add some meat. Then do a protein shake (which you can add the greek yogurt to, as well as cooled coffee, sweetener, berries/fruit/pumpkin, spices,etc) and make it something you can do as you are getting ready or in your car (if you must).

You can still do your jar salad with meat for lunch, and maybe a (homemade) gluten free muffin of some sort.

You can do this, you just need to find the combo that feels right enough that you happily do it!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I need to wait until I get paid before I can get some more protein powder. I have very little at home. I am trying to eat more sane but I have not set a veggie mark yet. My goal is just to get veggies each meal. I need to up the protein though. Its a process I am thinking. This morning was kind of a bust but I have lunch planned with a jar salad and some of my witches brew soup. I brought extra eggs etc. so I can up the protein as well if I feel hungry.

I guess my goal is to eat primal sanely. I am not 100% yet but getting this.
                          Karin

Comment

• If it makes you feel any better, I had trouble getting the veggies in when I was SANE (well I had trouble getting the protein in as well), and I am a veggie lover. I had to do a green smoothie every day on top of meals. It was too much work for me. Adding veggies is probably a good goal, 9 to 11 a day is work.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I have noticed lately I have to tinkle A LOT! Inflammation leaving?? BP med working better? I dunno but holy moly!
                              Karin

Comment

• gotta flush all that junk out of the body somehow!

I go hourly in the morning, it slows a bit in the afternoon.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X