No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin - recipe for you. I LOVE this (plan to make it next week, when I'm home). I make it without the cheese - still very good. Health-Bent | Paleo Recipes | Paleo Butternut Squash Lasagna
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I agree. So hear I go, starting veggies in the AM, eating a standard breakfast in the AM (I am HUNGRY this morning-weird eh?)
      LOOOOOOVE that recipe Ruth! I need to get a squash and then we are making it!!

So, front-loading...(I will check in later with progress lol)
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• perfect for fall... just saying

1374064_10151890698261624_1466045077_n.jpg

Welcome
        Karin

Comment

• ok.. nice front loaded breakfast (eggs with LOTS of veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes) coffee with HWC

Listening to church I got to prepping my veggies for the jar salads this week AND making a paleo version of chik-fil-a chicken. The salads are done and ready to go. The chicken tastes awesome ( I used this in the salads). I made some paleo pumpkin latte and had a small mug.

FORGOT to eat lunch!!!

that fabu soup for dinner. Got to cook it a little more.

edit to say, 2 small bowls of that soup and I am full and so far so good in eating SANE today. Also: got my egg muffins made for the mornings Lot o veggies there!
          Last edited by athomeontherange; 10-06-2013, 04:09 PM.
          Karin

Comment

• See, I knew you could do it! You go girl!

I am going shopping in the morning to make some of my version of that WW soup.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Paleo version of chick-fil-a? Okay, now you have peaked my interest. Recipe por favor.

Comment

• Paleo Chick-fil-a here ya go:

Paleo Chick-fil-A Stupid Easy Paleo - Easy Paleo Recipes to Help You Just Eat Real Food

let me know if it tastes like it. I have never had it because they use peanut oil
                Karin

Comment

• its going to be great in my jar salads!
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    Paleo Chick-fil-a here ya go:

Paleo Chick-fil-A Stupid Easy Paleo - Easy Paleo Recipes to Help You Just Eat Real Food

let me know if it tastes like it. I have never had it because they use peanut oil
                    I'll make it when the W30 is over and let you know

Comment

• this is not whole 30 compliant?
                      Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                        this is not whole 30 compliant?
                        I avoid 'flours' on W30 including coconut etc because they will cause me to nose dive into the nearest bakery

Comment

• ahh gotcha!

edit to say: still beating the sugar beast! Now to get the kid and myself to bed and asleep.
                          Last edited by athomeontherange; 10-06-2013, 06:25 PM.
                          Karin

Comment

• I am excited for your week, knowing that you are prepared with veggie/egg muffins for front-loading, and mason jar salads to get your veggies at lunch, cant wait to see how you end up feeling physically by the end of the week. And to see if this makes it easier to handle the general stresses of your life. I think the physical and mental is a circle that feeds itself, and I believe that your food this week is going to break that circle and start a new, healthy one!
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So I could NOT go to sleep last night. Awake until after 1am. This is tough for a person who needs to be up BY 5:30a. I got a little hungry last night and tried to stave it off with pork rinds and blue cheese (some nice fat- not totally sane but pretty close). That did NOT do it. I succumbed to a couple 90 calorie granola bars and was able to go to sleep shortly after. Grr

The scale said I am up a couple this morning :/ UGH!! I want my clothes to fit right again and then get nice and big dang it!

This morning, had my coffee and 2 egg muffins. I had them cold and they were good. They had red bell and onion in them topped with a couple slices of dehydrated jalapenos I did this last summer. It had just the right bite! Felt good until lunch and let me just say, this jar salad is WOW!! The veggies are lettuce, carrots, zucchini, and green onions. Not a full serving of each but it makes for a nicely layered texture salad. I am still amazed these worked out SO FLIPPIN GREAT! My mom even thought they looked wonderful. I brought with me for lunch some pumpkin "latte" as well. I tweaked the recipe as the original did not even call for coffee.. whaaa???Essecially it was pumpkin coconut milk. Ummmm, just not for me. Added a little water (that dang thing was THICK) and some instant coffee- BAM! Yum!
                              Karin

Comment

• sooo sleepy... gut is in distress with all these foreign bodies call vegetables.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X