No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny you mention soup. I saw a recipe called Witches brew that looked good. Basically you cook the soup in a pumpkin. They used minestrone but I thought any vegetable soup would do. I was thinking about doing this today.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• OMG, SO easy (and pretty quick). And filling. And low cal. And has veggies. You gotta make some.

Next time you get our your dehydrator, you should do some veggies. Have you ever done celery? I have some, but didn't know how it would turn out. I'm think a nice supply of dehydrated veggies would be nice to have on hand...
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I am not a breakfast person so I totally get the concept of not eating. However I feel like Ruth may be onto something with front loading the calories, maybe if you can't bring yourself to eat breakfast you could go heavier on the calories at lunch.

I think if you did those egg/veggie muffins for breakfast you could enjoy one or two with your coffee in the morning and not feel bloated or have to cook or anything.

Soup and salad for lunch sounds lovely! I do my WW veggie soup with ground meat, adds a few calories per cup but also some protein. I need to make a batch of this.

Meat ideas for the salads...pulled pork, shrimp, pulled chicken, sliced or ground beef (all pre-cooked of course). I would just pull out some of the protein source from dinner and top off the salad for the next day. Use canned tuna, or canned chicken or HB eggs as a fall back.

For DH's lunches, I bought six 3.5C glass pyrex containers (kinda flat as they fit in the freezer better that way), and most nights I just make up one from dinner fixins before we even start eating, then put it in the freezer after dinner and it has had a chance to cool down. With them frozen he doesn't have to put them in the fridge all day, they thaw while he works, then he pops them in the microwave and voila healthy lunch.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ooh, Karin, you need to make some of the MDA carnitas. That would be awesome on your lunch salads this week!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Oooooo carnitas!!!! Lately I am not in a mind to each tuna or salmon..its on my yuck scale. I will get over it and eat it again, just not now. Cant explain. At volleyball game. More comments later

Making that soup though!!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
            Karin

Comment

• Yum carnitas!! You are right!!! Definitely making the soup today. Its fall weather today..kind of chilly!!!

As for tuna and salmon, its kind of on my yuck scale right now. It will change, can't explain.

I need to go to apple market on the way home for more salad fixings for the jar salads. Need to pick up a pork butt for carnitas too.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
              Karin

Comment

• It's FREEZING here

I need to go pick up bones, make stock, and then make soup.

The carnitas sound good...maybe next week for me!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• +1 to what they said.

It is not only good to front load calories, but those cals should be high protein. I have been doing 65-75 grams for breakfast for two weeks. I went to the high end of LR recommendations because of my BED.
                  I read the 7 days of sanity e book to get an idea of the program. He recommends 25-35 grams of protein 4 x a day. I would go with the upper recs of 35 for breakfast and maybe even try to hit 50g. You could do it with pre made egg muffin cups and a protein drink. He recs soy protein, but you could sub whey.
                  His program seems oddly low fat, but otherwise good.

Good Luck!
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• yes, he says he isn't low fat, but then he recommends egg whites and fat free greek yogurt. weird.

I totally agree with P, front load the calories and crank the proteins at breakfast, soup and salad for lunch, and maybe checkout the paleo link for dinner ideas.

I go through phases with fish, especially canned, as well as cottage cheese.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yeah, the low fat thing threw me a bit. Then I thought meh, we will see if I need to cut back on fat, doubt it though. I will try front loading some calories tomorrow and see how it goes with my late night disasters.

Witches brew is in the oven!! Pics later. Its fun and I think it will get Lily to eat it but I doubt I will do it again. You get more soup in a crock pot than a pumpkin
                      Karin

Comment

• Dinner tonight. Witches Brew. The veggies did get quite soft enough but tastes REALLY GOOD. I must say, the pumpkin just was not big enough. We need to leave pumpkins to the coaches.

PA050054.jpgPA050055.jpgPA050056.jpg
                        Karin

Comment

• Yum!
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Did I get ALL my veggies for today?? Ummm nope.

B: coffee with HWC
                            L: early @ VB game, a few nachos and beef jerky, coffee with cream
                            D: Later taco in a bowl (meat and cheese) + a bowl of Witches Brew
                            S: ice cream... yes... I did not front load. That is on tomorrows agenda.

Really, I was not hungry today. When I started getting hungry I went for protein THEN sweet
                            Karin

Comment

• It's all progress. Tomorrow is a new day
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I think the front loading is going to make a big difference. Really think you need to break the current pattern before you can turn it around.

P.s. If you are going to try to meet the veggie goal you are really going to have to spread them out to 3 a meal. No way even I could do them all in the evening and I LOVE veggies.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X