No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is interesting to see how close SPEED and SSoS are.

Ruth, you are going to have to teach is! Actually my issue now would be that I don't usually eat breakfast. I definitely get mostly fat most of the time.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well I kind of take exception to their promotion of egg whites. I KNOW its a protein thing but blech! I want the whole egg!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Heck, I'm doing 65+ grams now.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am opposed to the egg whites as well as the fat free greek yogurt. But I think you can still get the results (and probably better) if you do the whole egg, and full fat yogurt.

What the heck, a whole egg has just as much protein as its egg white right? I do use egg whites in my smoothies though. I just get a carton of cage free whites.

Heck I don't get 65g of protein in a day, even on a non-fasting day.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Had a pretty delectable thing to eat this morning that WAS NOT SANE. I am calling it my last hurrah. My lunch is planned well and dinner too.
            Karin

Comment

• For lunch: 4 HB eggs (I am NOT messing with the whites- they taste nasty by themselves), mayo (not sure if this is SANE- probably not) and some carrots.
              Karin

Comment

• the mayo is probably better if homemade with a better oil, but hey, you need something to go with those eggs! The ONLY way I consider egg whites ok is in a smoothie, well... or meringue... or angel food cake... or...ok I will stop.

So to make your meal totally SANE (and probably SPEED compliant too) is to add lots of greens, and a bit of bacon. So you could make a spinach salad with bacon dressing and HB eggs. (to do it as dinner you could do eggs florentine, saute a mess of spinach, and then toss eggs into it-this is my lazy version). I never think of HB eggs as that satisfying.

what if you checked out Pinterest for salads in a jar, there is a pin on there where she makes a week's worth of salads in Mason Jars.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• hey, I just saw this and thought of you. It has a 7 day (3 meals a day) menu AND a shopping list. With recipes and instructions on what to do when....how easy can you get? Julie and Charles Mayfield of Paleo Comfort Foods give meals for the week tips and recipes.

I challenge you to do this next week.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• oh those darn veggies... I think I bumped my head falling off the turnip truck LOL

Awesome web site!! Ok.. planning and need to go shopping for this to be optimal. I am planning on mason jar salads all week next week. I also need to plan the menu.

Hey hey hey.. a victory, however small... I DID NOT CAVE! Ok.. so Fridays are days of exhaustion at my house. We have ran all week. The last thing we want to do is cook!! We did not plan anything in the crock pot. Mom hints (several times) about ordering pizza (its easy, I'm tired, it just sounds good (translate-comfort)). I say, over and over and over.. its not SANE. We still have not planned or done much about it but meat is out for the weekend, mom is pouting and I had pork rinds with blue cheese (also not SANE) but better than pizza. I am going to see is we have enough to scrounge up a salad for tonight.. fresh veggies are kind of slim pickins right now.

I love HB eggs.. I used to devil them but now I just kind of dip them in a mayo/sweet hot mustard. YUM.. for me they are never boring.

Lost my phone.. and I feel LOST.. I mean, my schedule is in there.. everything is in there..*crying, whining*
                    Karin

Comment

• You barely eat, Karin. That's what I'd eat for a lite breakfast! :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Well according to the SANE folks. Because I do not eat enough and because I eat some wrong foods, I back up and the weight does not push through (or so I think I understand). So, my plan is to try and push more leafy greens (my challenge) to push everything through my system so I can feed my body so I can lose weight. Chris, does that sound about right?

Ruth- no, this morning was a light breakfast. One glass of iced coffee with 2T HWC.

Because I am so inactive due this friggin knee brace, I have started to eat less (not necessarily better-which is why I started SANE)
                        Karin

Comment

• It is like 90% what you eat, 10% exercise. (Exercise is more important for long term health than for weight loss). Move when you can and let go of that guilt about exercise and focus on what you are eating. So if you go for all the non-starchy veggies and 50 to 70 grams of protein per meal you should have it covered. My memory is their suggestion is 9 to 11 veggies a day. So 3 servings per meal. I would suggest that on top of that you ignore carb and fat grams but make sure those are quality. In other words your carb are from veggies mostly and your fats are not junk.

I think that link I gave you is not quite that formula but might be easier for you since you are not a lover of veggies.

Frozen veggies are your friends. They are cheaper as we go into winter, they have their serving size on the package, and they are always available.

Truthfully your life will likely be easier though if you just do the plan in the link. It certainly fits in mostly with your general needs regarding your diet and gluten and night shades.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• That's a totally solid plan. It looks easy, has leftovers (hello breakfast and lunch!), and looks good. I've tried one or two of their recipes -- good stuff there.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Yep. This is where I am starting at. Getting the veggies is what will be challenging and I will need to make a concerted effort to just do it! This morning I am not starting great as I am really comfortable having just coffee with HWC. What is crazy is I feel this is an accomplishment and that going back to eating breakfast is going backwards. How crazy train is that???

I have lettuce cleaned and ready to go with a few other salad fixings. Heading to the Apple Market today to get more. I want to have enough to make those jar salads for lunch this week. I need to plan the meat for them though. The picture looks like processed meat and I don't want that. I am thinking chicken tenders or something (canned chicken at the very least).
                              Karin

Comment

• I go back and forth with eating breakfast. I've concluded that a morning person, however, it really goes with my natural rhythm. I've lost weight eating breakfast and skipping breakfast.

But, and take this for what it's worth, it seems like you eat too little early in the day and then struggle at night. I wonder if you'll do better to load your day earlier and then nights would maybe get easier....

Breakfast. I love to make a "breakfast stirfry"-type thing (but you may not have time for this). Ghee (or other oil), broccoli slaw (coleslaw, etc.), veggies, meat or eggs, all cooked together. Yum.

Oh, yeah, have you thought about a big ol' pot of "Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup"? I made a HUGE batch this last weekend. I can eat a ton for about 100 calories. I ate it for breakfast and lunch. Might be a nice addition with your salad. Keeps you full and great way to sneak in some more veggies.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X