No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interestingly enough, after ice cream so early the rest of the day was great! weird!

Raining a bit today.. yeah! Knee is sore so I brought ice packs. What a good day it would have been to just stay in bed. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• my daughter uses an anti-inflammatory cream for things like your knee. It is a prescription, its called Ketoprofen 20%. It actually has to be mixed for you, so you have to use an old time pharmacy-Walgreens doesn't do it. But it is good because it allows you to reduce the amount of oral anti-inflammatory you have to take, or use it for when you have maxed out on the oral stuff, you use the tiniest bit right on the spot of inflammation. It lasts forever.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ohmygosh.. that sounds amazing!! I am going to ask about it. Its not just my knee that is sore but my right hand fingers, right arm and my knee. Taking too many anti inflammatories is not good for the tummy and the ones I took this morning are having little effect.
        Karin

Comment

• You have to be careful with it to only put it in the spot of inflammation, and it works best in conjunction with the oral anti-inflammatory and icing of course, but it is nice to have around. I may have to see if I can get some for my arthritic thumbs.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Today is the day I am back on track. Baby steps but back on track food wise. NO GRAINS at all. I am set up for success with that. However, when it comes to sugar, dairy and AS, yeah, not there yet. I think one at a time after a long hiatus is best because I have less to mess up and end up with an F it attitude. Man, I have drifted SO FAR away.
            Karin

Comment

• I do best if I just do one thing at a time as well. You know that, not only can you do this, but you will actually feel better when you do.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• It does feel better. One thing, and one day, at a time.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• still working on it.. why is the thing we crave the hardest to quit.
                  Karin

Comment

• Well, I'm pretty convinced that a lot of what we eat has addictive properties, making it more difficult to quit. Couple that with the fact that some of me (ahem, that would be me) use food as a comfort mechanism, and it becomes all the more difficult (funny that few of us celery sticks as a comfort mechanism, though).
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• oh agreed!!! I can totally see it being the additives that are addictive. Umm yeah, something just not warm and comforting in celery.
                      Karin

Comment

• I dunno, I did a binge on raw brussell sprouts and homemade ranch dressing once (would not recommend it!)

I am finding that now that I have this fast thing going I am handling things much easier. I still eat things I shouldn't but in much smaller controlled quantities.

I had to go home to meet the HVAC service guy (don't ask) and I went ahead and decided to eat. So I had a small bit of leftover ground beef with veggies, but it was not enough (once I get started is a much more dangerous time than before I put a bite in my mouth). So I trimmed the cake for tomorrow and had a bit of icing on top of it. It was like 3 small bites and it was perfect. I could have (and in the old days would have) trimmed the other 2 layers and iced those bits as well as breaking into the rolled red velvet cake balls. But I didn't. And I didn't even think of that till just now.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Well i knew the day would come and today was as good as any other. I stepped on the scale since the hiatus of moving..cuss words all around. Genuinely not surprised, more disappointed in myself. I am not quite back to original starting weight but close.

Moving back with mom has not been a success food wise and I need to find a way to just tcb and not try to be so cooperative with unhealthy habits. I also need to get back to coffee with hwc and tracking. I started today. I also need to at least start arm work even if i can not walk much yet. The knee brace is on until @ Halloween.

So, today:

B: coffee, hwc
                          L: 3 eggs, ham, cheese, salsa
                          Snack: lindt dark chocolate (portion out of whack)
                          Dinner: easy taco salad

So macros??? I dunno yet, just keeping in the 1500 range for now and . Shooting for low carb.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                          Last edited by athomeontherange; 09-21-2013, 06:29 PM.
                          Karin

Comment

• Today is my first successful food day in a while. I even tracked! Here id the breakdown:

64-fat
                            21- protein
                            15 - carbs
                            1441 calories

Karin

Comment

• keeping some kind of record is important, it forces you to face the music so to speak. Even if you don't actually track it, and just put it in the notes at the bottom of the day, you really kinda know the numbers by heart by now right?

Congrats on a successful day.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                                Today is my first successful food day in a while. I even tracked! Here id the breakdown:

64-fat
                                21- protein
                                15 - carbs
                                1441 calories

These are percentages..lol

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X