No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• track it all, it is often not nearly as bad as you think it is. Even if it is, it is a learning experience.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• What Kind of Hungry Are You?

good article, timely, not terribly new info, just a reminder
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• hey, I sent you a pin because it is from her board "kid-friendly recipes" and she is a low carber and pretty primal (has done a couple of Whole 30's), thought it could help with Lily
        Chris
        Unknown

Comment

• Great article! It makes you think. I think the reason I eat lately is the misconception I need energy because I am tired. This has been quite a week and I am trying to fat fast/IF until 4ish and its not working. Granted, I have only been at this a week and a half but have caved to sugar everyday. Nutrients needed perhaps? Would a salad curb that sugar demon?

Chris- I will check that pin out this weekend. The good news though, Lily is not real hot for bread these days. She eats the meat of the sandwich. Now, she likes her crackers and of course donuts and cookies etc. So, one thing at a time, maybe.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I do crave sweets myself and have found recently that seasonal fresh fruit curbs it. I have been eating massive quantities of watermelon. Generally fruit might slow my weight loss but I am only doing 1 a day at most and using it when I really need the sweet (end of the dinner meal for me). However, tired can be the kiss of death for a weight loss eating plan especially if it happens at a time and place where cheap fast calories can be had. I am thinking you need to either plan a quick meditation or breathing exercise or that is when you chow on something like watermelon. I particularly like watermelon because it is in season right now, it is filling, it is calorically cheap (very few calories for the quantity), it is also cheap monetarily. You are going to have to fund a fast and yummy substitute.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Hey,

Lily is having a fundraiser for her school. If you could help that would be great. Ruth, I sent you a link in email already. If you will PM me your email address I will forward it to you as well.

Thanks
              Karin

Comment

• Got the link for Lily's fundraiser.

Dehydrated watermelon - make your own natural watermelon candy - The Real Food Guide
                Thought of you, my dehydrator friend
                -- Ruth

Comment

• alrighty, I know you are pinning and on facebook, you can surely spare a minute or two to up date us here. Gotta stay accountable.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• oh hells bells.. I have been on FB since Sunday..The school schedule is kicking my butt and my energy has hit an all time low. I was so sleepy I hurt starting yesterday about 1:30.. I was too tired to drive (my mom had to drive my daughter to her appointment-I slept all the way), I slept all the way home had some pork rinds and went to bed at 6:30ish. I even bribed my daughter with cash to skip volleyball. I can not explain it. It was kind of scary but I just could NOT stay awake. The sleep the night before was ok.. not great but I was not up all night. Food? yesterday I chose meat to eat in the morning instead of a taquito (poor choice I know-my eating is kind of erratic right now) I am taking some amino's and my meds but hell, this exhaustion was weird. I feel fine today.. not overly tired etc. I know there is stress with DD. Its bad when the therapist says, he has never seen a more defiant child and that he has shot his wad essentially meaning we should probably find a new therapist with new ideas. We are also getting closer I hope to straightening out her meds. So when it comes to making choices and decisions about eating.. thinking and making right choices are just not at the forefront of my thinking.
                    Karin

Comment

• Whew, you wear me out just hearing it. Obviously you just need to sleep as much as you can, it is a great stress reliever. I also started listening to meditations yesterday which are helpful. Free Guided Meditations | UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center This has free ones you can listen to on your computer, short ones too, so you could listen during a break. It isn't the ones I listen to but looks interesting.

Well, maybe a new therapist will help? Can't hurt right? Does DD have an explanation for what she does, something she tells the therapist? Or is it beyond her understanding of herself as well?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• DD is impulsive and thinks of herself as an adult. Where she got this, I do not know. So as to why she does things, I do not think she gets it. She has zero sense of time (min, hours, days etc.) which can be a problem as well. Her ODD is very strong though. I am at a loss at the moment.

I am going to check out the meditations. I also need to bring my kindle to school because I have relaxation binarial (??) beats on that as well.

I am irritated with myself because I ALWAYS have an excuse. I always put my needs aside when dealing with crap but if I do not, it does not get dealt with. I have to remember to not compare myself and situation to others (THIS IS SO HARD) and not resent the fact that we have a struggling household.
                        Karin

Comment

• Well, comparing yourself to others is hard not to do, but most work to make themselves look better than they really are and we all have struggling households in one way or another. Any chance you can find some positives to counter balance the struggles? Optimum is considered 5 to 1 (5 good to 1 bad), and when the bad is there is it really hard to find the 5 good.

And maybe you can find a way to bring your needs back up to the forefront when you are dealing with crap, so that you don't go absolutely batsh*t! Meditations should help a little at least.

I am obviously, unfortunately, not qualified to offer advice in regards to DD, but know that I am willing to 'listen' and at the very least ranting on your journal might be a decent way of releasing some of the stress.

here for ya
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• This all sounds so hard. It is not fair.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              Well, comparing yourself to others is hard not to do, but most work to make themselves look better than they really are and we all have struggling households in one way or another. Any chance you can find some positives to counter balance the struggles? Optimum is considered 5 to 1 (5 good to 1 bad), and when the bad is there is it really hard to find the 5 good.

And maybe you can find a way to bring your needs back up to the forefront when you are dealing with crap, so that you don't go absolutely batsh*t! Meditations should help a little at least.

I am obviously, unfortunately, not qualified to offer advice in regards to DD, but know that I am willing to 'listen' and at the very least ranting on your journal might be a decent way of releasing some of the stress.

here for ya
                              I have to say, I am not in the mindset to counter with the good at the moment-I can not think of anything other than the obvious (health is good etc.). Perhaps when I can relax for a bit and think about this. Sad isn;t it?

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              This all sounds so hard. It is not fair.
                              I am sorry I sound like a whiner..I am frustrated
                              Karin

Comment

• no, no, no, you do not sound like a whiner! You sound like you are being overwhelmed with life right now. We just need to help you find a way to let the good stuff overcome the not so good. I think you are in a "can't see the forest for the trees" situation right now. You probably need to pare things down to the bare essentials before this stress makes you sick and you are forced to do it.

I am gonna sound like a nag, so sorry, but the meditations really can help.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X