No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok.. Even though the day is not over and I will still have some coffee with cream tonight it looks good I think.

Cal 1550
    Carb 19 HOO-FRICKEN-RAH!!
    Fat 134
    Pro 57

I am not FULL. I mean, I can tell there is still room but its fine. I am going to drink more water too so that it will help.

So to recap:
    Moderate day- check
    Fat fast until dinner- check
    documented on MFP-check
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Crock Pot Sugar-Free Strawberry Chia Jam

congrats on a successful day. Now watch out cause you are likely worn out from the mowing, and this is when you darling daughter can sense that you may be down and pull one of her stunts (this is of course non-specific to Lily, it is a kid's natural instinct I think). So smile at her (this could just as easily be your mom, it is really anyone you come into contact with) knowing you anticipated this, enjoy your coffee and cream, and go to bed early if you must. It has been a successful day.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• thanks for the heads up Chris. You are right of course and I will be wary and watchful so this day ends successful as well.
        Karin

Comment

• of course now that you are prepared nothing will happen, as it should be!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I was prepared!! I was successful! Now, confession, I REALLY REALLY wanted to just go scrounge but I did not and feel good this morning.

My sleep sucked last night though. I was awake at 12:30 and then most of the time until 6am. I think the 3 hours of mowing (allergies) were the reason. I am not letting this derail me though!!

I am at a morning meeting at school and "Oh JOY!!" they have donuts and pastries. Guess who is not going near that table. In fact, I have decided to sit as far away as I can. So much for our healthy well ness policy. I have had my iced coffee with HWC and after my meeting is done at 11am, I will probably have another.

I am confident my body will adjust and while I do not feel "bad" I can not honestly say I feel "fantastic" but I will.

Continuing the plan today:

Fat fast/IF until dinner.
            Hard boiled eggs if I feel desperate (safety net)
            track on MFP
            no food after 7pm
            MD=1500 calories
            Karin

Comment

• Well..total brain fart today..spaced out having hb eggs and had some candy. Ugh..well tracked the sugar. I need to make myself a visual of options.

Other than that all was good. Dinner was in the crock pot when we got home. It was great with a salad and a side of beets. I came in under 1500. I did not look at the macros yet on mfp. I am enjoying an iced decaf for dessert with hwc and i will have 2 T of sunbutter before bed to help twart cravings.

Going to bed early, my students arrive tomorrow. I think i am ready..or..i m as ready as i will ever be.

So rumble strip..
              1500 cal check
              Fat fast /if until dinner..almost
              Eating done by 7pm check

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
              Karin

Comment

• I crapped out on my carbs today. Fresh start tomorrow. I almost think I need to eat at least 1 hb egg @ lunch to keep the sugar demon away.

Karin

Comment

• Sleep was better last night. I woke at 12:30 but went right back to sleep.

School starts today!!!

So, on the way to school this morning, mom asks if we can stop at a quick shop to grab some roller food, she is hungry. I say (you should be proud), sure but I'm good with my coffee this morning. We go, I wait in the car she comes out with her stuff and with a cheddar wurst (which are my favorite) for me sans bun. I say (again be proud), " thanks, I will have this later". So we get to school, she takes it with her. I am searching all over the car because thats the last thing I want sitting in the car all day. I call her, yet she took it with her I say I'm glad its found. She says well are you going to come get it? I say (OMG.. be proud) ya know, I think I will have it after school. On the way home (in my eating window) will be perfect. TA-DA!!!!

On my second cup of iced coffee w/ HWC only INSTEAD of something or anything else. So today:

Staying MD 1500 calories
                  Fat fasting/IF until 4ish
                  Finish eating by 7pm
                  carbs around 50g

BOOO-YAAA!!
                  Karin

Comment

• Oh wow.. I may go over on calories but stay within everything else.

I started teaching at 8am.. been talking and teaching and now on a break at 12:20 having my HB eggs and another coffee with HWC. Oh wow.. teaching 3 90 min blocks back to back is going to take some getting use to!
                    Karin

Comment

• Happy first day! Ouch on the schedule. My students arrive exactly 4 weeks from yesterday.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Well..after school mom had a dr appt..then we had to get Lily. We had a small window before her open house for ms..so we opted to eat Chinese out. Ok..today is just an ud..lol

However..some fat and a little protein at lunch help. I still had 10 cents of mms
                        Karin

Comment

• for the sugar I made a rule for myself that I would only eat homemade, preferably my own. So now if I just cannot live without a sweet I make a mug dessert. Also, note that when you make your own sweets you can almost always cut the amount of sugar you use by about half with no detriment to taste or texture.

I wouldn't beat myself up over it, you are doing well. I would try to figure out how to prevent the need though. 10c worth of m&m's is no big deal, but you are wanting them because you need something. I would try to figure out what that something is (nutrition, comfort, caffeine, etc) and fulfill the need more specifically and healthfully. Although for me sometimes the need is just to cheat and get away with it.

Gotta love mom, trying to help (?), but not.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• My baby starts middle school today!!! 6th grade!! oh dear..
                            Karin

Comment

• oh, the excitement and drama of middle school! Enjoy the ride.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Today's eating sucks. I tried but hell.. I know my kriptonite! Moving on.. going to finish strong even if macros are out of wack.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X