No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris: agreed. I have already been planning crock pot dinners and the plan is to make them for 2 days worth of dinners. There is even an egg crock pot casserole because I like eggs ANYTIME. Last night was corned beef so we have leftovers. My plan is to always keep cooked ground beef in the fridge as well for: taco salads, spag. squash and meat sauce etc. Its very versatile and makes for a fast meal. Salmon patties are also pretty quick go-to meals. Put those bad boys on top a salad and you have a good meal. I am thinking easy, no muss no fuss dinners. We do not eat real fancy anyway (we save that for eating out or special occasions).
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I will make some jerky through because although its not far to home from VB and C-5K, a little serving of jerky will get me there without killing anyone!! lol
      Karin

Comment

• I need to make some jerky myself
        -- Ruth

Comment

• truthfully I do best when my meals are straight forward not fussy. A big salad and a nice piece of protein and I am good to go. Actually with both kids gone, it will be much easier to make dinners, fewer preferences to fulfill.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I could eat simple...and eat the same thing all week. DH likes variety (and lots of spice). He does not like soups or casseroles or dry food. Sigh. Men can be a pain
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Mine has been limiting his portion of protein because he thinks it is healthier to eat less of it, fine so I make less, he still eats less no matter how much I make he always leaves almost 2 ounces, about 2 bites really. So not enough to save. then he will go after dinner and eat a huge blob (thinking 4 to 6 T) of PB or cereal out of the box, or another one of the breakfast bars that I make him (which are not as healthy as they could be if I was better at adjusting recipes and could figure out how to replace the sugar). So he is replacing a healthy protein with essentially junk. Not horrible food but not a good replacement. And of course the reason he needs to do that is because he doesn't get enough protein.

Even DD, who is a vegetarian, has told him that she would be thinner if she ate meat because she wouldn't be hungry all the time.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Just spent 3 hours on the mower. What a great way to NOT eat LOL!! Almost time for dinner and thats good because I am getting hungry. I think I am going to have a hard boiled egg appetizer. I may even live dangerous and devil them!
                Karin

Comment

• Yum. Love deviled eggs...with a little green chile...(but of course, I think everything is better with green chile).
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Karin - Minute Microwave Lasagna in a Mug | Your Lighter Side
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• love the microwave single serve stuff for meals and for dessert! pinned it.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Me too. Portion control, easy cleanup, and quick. Can't ask for much more than that...
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• exactly, and especially nice when the hubs wants pasta. Or the boys are eating PB ice cream, which even if it is an ud, I don't waste my calories on.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Awesome stuff!!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                            Karin

Comment

• p.s. I am making the strawberry sugar free crock pot chia jam as we type, the house smells divine. If I had realized the strawberries tasted so good I would have bought extras!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• now the chia makes it thicken right?? This sounds good!! Recipe please?
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X