No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. The, yeah, sounds solid. I don't want to go VLC for life, but it sure has its purposes.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I think LC will be the way to go for the ADF. I just have to get back there. I also do not want to go too low in my calories but at the same time.. my fat to carb/protein "looks" good today I think.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I think you could go a little higher on protein, but otherwise seems good.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• yeah, protein is a little low. Of course when you are aiming for eating once a day, how can can it get? LOL
          Karin

Comment

• Very true. I want to eat once a day. Only manage that feat on DDs.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• well, there kind of lies my plan.. eat once a day I might be able to tackle DD's better.
              Karin

Comment

• I only eat once on my dd's and oddly I would not consider myself really LC anymore, although I am certainly lower than SAD or typical American. Generally I don't have problems with dd's even though I decided to switch out today. But I usually eat twice on work ud's and 3 times on non-working ud's.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Interesting Chris.. If I continue to eat once per day (MD).. adjust.. then decide to do ADF, I could eat twice on UD's and then just lower Calorie on DD's. Think it would work?
                  Karin

Comment

• Basically what I do. Is it working? Only time will tell... Ps - I don't eat that LC on my UDs, either. Quality/calories has more of an influence. Of course, I'm still mostly below 100, which in many realms is low carb
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I think it is essentially about doing what it feels like you can sustain. For me not eating at work seems natural. Not eating when I am running errands also natural, not eating while I am at home, not so natural. So I try to make sure I am busy on my dd's. And for them, doing the fat early and holding off eating till as late as I am comfortable works best. I think trying to eat only once on ud's is a recipe for disaster because it is just too many calories to ingest in one sitting, probably not something you want to get used to. Actually I would love to get to where I could not ingest more than about 500 calories in one sitting. I don't really do md's right now. Just 3 down and 4 up, this allows me to have my dd's slightly higher, usually between 500 and 600, but never higher than 700.

p.s.my fat is generally about 50%, and my carbs and protein about 25% each, give or take, ud's or dd's.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok.. it looks like MFP updated their site and I no longer have percentages...
                        Karin

Comment

• I lost mine as well, but you can still get them on the phone app.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Ok did ok last night.. not perfect. I need to be more conscious here.

I need to stick to something for a while to see results I know. So:

In order to get back to 5:2 ADF I am monitoring my carbs, fat and protein. I would like my carbs around 50 for the time being. My plan is to fat fast for breakfast, perhaps lunch as well-adding broth as needed, then regular paleo dinner no calories after 7pm. My thought is this:

my body will "fast" for @ 11 hours (7pm-6am) until "breakfast" and then until dinner @ 11 hours later(6am-5ish) it will just have fast to sustain in the form of coffee with HWC or even broth with a little butter in it. The eating window will be a couple of hours (@ 5-7pm).

NOW: I have an escape clause- if I just HAVE to have something sooner, I will have it in the form of a lean or simple protein (I have hard boiled eggs planned at this time because they are just easy).

This does not "seem" difficult because:

1. I will not have to plan my lunch (that takes time, effort and energy I just do not have in the morning) I can grab a couple of hard boiled eggs and call it good.
                            2. I can keep butter and HWC at school to maintain this
                            3. This year I teach 3 blocks back to back so less down time until the afternoon and then its not long until dinner

Now: Lily start Volleyball this week. Her practices are 2 hours/night. Great time to work on the potato to 5K thing.

Critique please. Can you see holes in my plan or thinking?
                            Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              I lost mine as well, but you can still get them on the phone app.
                              good to know.
                              Karin

Comment

• The only thing I have to add to your plan is to have you make tomorrow's dinner after you eat tonight's dinner. Either have something ready for the crock pot or pre-cut and do all the prep work while you are not at all hungry and your kitchen is still messy from dinner. Making dinner can be a serious problem when you have been 11 hours without food. Plus it will reduce everyone's stress levels, especially after you have done your 30 minutes C-5K and Lily has done volleyball practice for 2 hours. I would also make some of your beef jerky to have, maybe a bite before you get in the car on the way home. (I don't condone eating in the car because it was one of my "calories don't count" issues).
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X