No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luckily my natural inclination is to say no thanks when offered food, except for instances where one of the kids is cooking and is asking for flavor adjustments. But it took work to get there.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• this was a good article:

How to Avoid Overeating and Tempting Foods
      http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/h...o-food-pushers

so.. instead of automatically taking one:
      "no thanks", "maybe later", "I'll pass thanks" etc. Its just getting the BRAIN to get to that point. Maybe I need a hard and fast rule that unless its an UD, if I did not make it, I wont eat it??
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• For me, the general question is, "is it worth it"? Store bough mini-cookies? Probably not. Homemade chocolate chip cookies, maybe so (depends on the day). And, if it's a down day, it will be there tomorrow...
        -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, my hard and fast, except in exceptionally rare instances is "no thanks", if it is homemade? "I would love to take one for later". I never eat anything at cocktail parties or church gatherings or things like that unless it is a dinner I had planned to eat there. I have no trouble not starting, it is stopping once I start that causes my issues, so I just don't start.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Survived last night..I was exhausted. My dog is sick and am taking her to the vet this morning instead of going to a meeting. Yesterday food was ok..too much sugar. Today will be better in that I will just be in meetings and have no access to it.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
            Karin

Comment

• Thinking of you & the dog. Hope you have a great day. It's almost the weekend..........
              -- Ruth

Comment

• hope the puppy is ok.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• back from the vet. He thinks she has an upper respiratory infection. If she is not better by Monday he wants to check to see if something is obstructing her nose. She got a shot that made her sleepy.

I am back at work.. oh joy. so much to do and I keep putting it all off! LOL
                  Karin

Comment

• Poor doggy!

I'm not wanting to work, either. Sigh. I have a ton to do, but so little motivation.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I have nothing to do at work, but have to stay here, and TONS of stuff to do at home, just taunting me.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I know that I could not have a job where I wasn't busy, but I dream about it right now
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• It makes for a crazy long day!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• OK.. so I experimented with something today. Now poofs are tested over time but here it goes. I need to get back to oober low carb so that I can handle the ADF better. So I was thinking: For breakfast coffee with HWC and listen to the body. Aim for dinner before I eat again. However, if I MUST have something it needs to be something like hardboiled eggs or small portion of lean protein. Then for dinner protein and a low carb veg. To fight the nighttime snack attack decaf with HWC and maybe my favorite banana snack (banana, sunbutter (no sugar)). I did this today (well I have not had the snack yet but its early and I know I will probably need it). Here is where I ended up: cal 1402 carb 46 fat 115 pro 47. The numbers seem off but I feel ok. Right now I am aiming for carbs around 50.

Ideas???
                            Karin

Comment

• If it works, go for it. Just know you need a really solid UD, or those DDs are pure misery (I'm having one today).
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• well I am not going to try ADF until I get back on the straight and narrow completely.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X