No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if I'm not helping my friend move, I will send you easy crockpot links. Make some freezer crockpot meals. Feel a bunch of chicken/beef/pork chops that you can eat during the week. Frozen veggies you can nuke.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks Ruth. I know the "secret" is really to plan. I need to get up and running when school starts. I was reading in Well Fed (awesome book) about prepping for the week.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I like Well Fed. Good stuff in there. And, early, when I was typing on my phone, it should have said GRILL.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Having a food plan is key. As you know, once the whirlwind of school starts, it is hard to have time to think about anything else for a few weeks. I do find it easier to eat right when I have a set schedule. I hope that you have a good day (with food, planning, and family) today so that you can go in tomorrow with a clear head.
          I am hoping to have JUDDD well established by Sept. so that I can do ADF on school days.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• For what it's worth........... I know that my DDs were impossible for about 2 months. Physically (and mentally) couldn't do them. I started with a week of essentially LCHF (except I wasn't really counting). After that, DDs were tolerable. Perhaps something to think about -- a week to "reset" the body (and plan), then dive into 4:3; 5:2; or ADF.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I agree with Ruth, I find it much easier to do the fasting days if I have been at least reasonably LC (ie. under 200g or so). And with higher fat as opposed to higher protein.

I have been jonesing for sweets this week, so today I am planning to hit my Pinterest and whip up one of those LCHF treats I have pinned.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Have you tried Mark's coconut macadamia bars he posted a few Saturdays ago? No sugar, tons of good fat. They totally fulfill my sweet craving!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• no, but I can't let macadamia nuts into the house, I can't stop eating them. I did pin some lemon fat bombs i think I am looking at.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                    Having a food plan is key. As you know, once the whirlwind of school starts, it is hard to have time to think about anything else for a few weeks. I do find it easier to eat right when I have a set schedule. I hope that you have a good day (with food, planning, and family) today so that you can go in tomorrow with a clear head.
                    I am hoping to have JUDDD well established by Sept. so that I can do ADF on school days.
                    agreed.. and me too. Today has been planning, unpacking etc.

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                    For what it's worth........... I know that my DDs were impossible for about 2 months. Physically (and mentally) couldn't do them. I started with a week of essentially LCHF (except I wasn't really counting). After that, DDs were tolerable. Perhaps something to think about -- a week to "reset" the body (and plan), then dive into 4:3; 5:2; or ADF.
                    this helps. I just need to keep telling myself it will get better.

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    I agree with Ruth, I find it much easier to do the fasting days if I have been at least reasonably LC (ie. under 200g or so). And with higher fat as opposed to higher protein.

I have been jonesing for sweets this week, so today I am planning to hit my Pinterest and whip up one of those LCHF treats I have pinned.
                    alrightythen.. I need to get back to LCHF for a while. Especially if it will help JUDDD and ADF.

Fighting a sore throat since last night and not sure why. I am trying to drink drink drink though and hopefully flush it out if its a bug.
                    Karin

Comment

• The other factor is mental/emotional. I couldn't seem to get back on track until I finally dealt with the Kevin-school issue. Maybe now that the move is done, you will be able to make some headway.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• +1what she said. Food is only part of the battle, your mind has to be in the right place and you have to be reasonably well rested.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I am working on the well rested. Yet here I am at 3:45 catching up reading posts. My sore throat woke me, then the sounds of rain (which I love) do not seem to be soothing me back to sleep. BTW.. this summer weather has been A-MAZ-ING! Its been raining lately in the evenings, the temps have been in the 80's. The humidity has been thick (I can breath my water for the day which is hell on the asthma (probably explains sore throat)). I have not had a chance to mow though and the dang grass is getting thick.

Anyway, here I am awake. Hoping I can head back to sleep soon. Going to make a cup of tea.
                          Karin

Comment

• Ugh. That one happens to me a lot! It's one of my sleep challenges.

Notice you were a busy girl on Pinterest. Lots of good stuff there
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Apparently I do wake up during the night, but I don't usually remember it (fitbit tells me so). But if I have been awakened more than a couple times I usually end up remembering parts of dreams. My problem is that I rarely feel sleepy at night. Mid-afternoon, oh yes, but not at night. So I am not highly motivated to get up and go to bed because I don't feel sleepy. Weird thing is it now usually takes me less than 15 minutes to fall asleep.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I seem to wake up between 1 and 3 regularly lately. Its a pain. I ended up drinking 2 cups of tea, checking some email, pintresting a few things until I cold fall back asleep. On pintrest a while back they had a recipe you prepare ahead of time for sore throats, coughs etc. I made some because well, it sounded good and when you need it and don't have it sucks. You chop a lemon, put in a jar, pour honey over the whole thing and let sit in the fridge. Ok.. its amazing by itself and fabulous in tea. The strange thing is, the peel even tastes good when you eat it. I used this with both cups of tea last night and while the throat is still sore, its not as bad as it was last night.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X