Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• You've got this!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I know.. I need to drink more. 12:46 and tummy says its time to eat! Of course, I have had ZERO calories yet today.
        Karin

Comment

• no coffee? I couldn't do it without my coffee!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• well.. the IF did not wait until 4:30 and this was more a low MD than a DD. UGH! Maybe I need to work up to 2 DD/week. I still did not drink enough today.

Tomorrow is another MD. Wednesday I have a lunch meeting so I think it will be an UD. The bad news is I think it will be pizza.
            Karin

Comment

• I would consider today a good dd and get on with life. No regrets. Do a regular md tomorrow and enjoy your ud whatever it is you have for your lunch. Then take another run at a dd. this is a long haul program and if it takes you a few tries or even a few weeks to get your dd's where you want them well then it is time well spent and lessons learned. Don't let yourself think you cant do 2 a week because you are starting in a less than perfect manner. Progress not perfection.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                I would consider today a good dd and get on with life. No regrets. Do a regular md tomorrow and enjoy your ud whatever it is you have for your lunch. Then take another run at a dd. this is a long haul program and if it takes you a few tries or even a few weeks to get your dd's where you want them well then it is time well spent and lessons learned. Don't let yourself think you cant do 2 a week because you are starting in a less than perfect manner. Progress not perfection.
                Thanks Chris! I needed to hear this. I was like, well.. the first one went great the second will be good too if I follow the same plan(which I did not). I did not track my calories, I should have. However, I doubt I had 1000. You are right, move on. Take another stab at it next time.
                Karin

Comment

• I am finding that each less than perfect day teaches (or reinforces something I already knew). As long as I keep that attitude it remains doable. As soon as I berate or feel negatively about a less than perfect day it makes it harder to see the lesson and consequently makes the program less fun ie. less doable. So I will try to keep you on the positive learning side of that equation and know that you will do the same for me.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• What happened yesterday is done. All you can do is go forward! Today and tomorrow, have good (nourishing) days and try again at your next DD. In the grand scheme of things, one not as good DD is not going to matter (now, a whole string of not as good UDs and DDs will start to matter, but you are doing well overall, so no worries).
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• ok, so how is it going?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• At this time I am doing MD's. I know I need to do an UD and a DD but to be honest.. nervous about failure. I will get over it though. Right now, I am working to get my classroom in order since I report back next week and kids come in 2 weeks. I m so tired..
                        Karin

Comment

• Nap while you can. And do the best you can food wise. But truthfully no such thing as failure here, all learning and experience to help the next try. I quit smoking every day for years. Then finally it worked. Now to do the same thing with food.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Write, already that time of year? The summer has sure gone fast!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• What's up for the weekend? How are you?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Well.. this weekend I am resolved to NOT go to my classroom to work. There just seems an endless list of things to do to get ready. I know I put more stress on myself than I should. I want it all done and I want it done yesterday to perfection. UGH! I have not been tracking..my eating is less than stellar. Lily has stressed me out and at the moment is grounded from talking to me. This is more for her benefit than mine. She really ticked me off today and I am not quite over it yet. Better to ground her from me for a little bit than keep up the argument and or say something negative.

I am going to evaluate the rumble strips in the morning and start my day right and continue. Back on the wagon, in the saddle.. whatever. All I know is I need a plan. I also am full of excuses and I hate that. I mean, REALLY hate that I can justify eating crap. There SHOULD be no justification or need to justify it. I need to re-read some material again.

Heading to take a warm bath with some relaxing bath salts.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X