Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome, doing a happy dance.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds like a great day! Sleep well.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• OOO... my body can be a heartless bitch.. tummy says its hungry, but I say its not!! Tomorrow is an UD!
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Just a couple more hours before bed time. Maybe a nice soak with some essential oils?
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I did a soak, doing some work for school.. I took a couple advil PM because I can not find my melatonin..
            Karin

Comment

• today is an ud for me as well. Thank goodness, because I did not get any sleep last night (DH was twitchy), and that is never a good formula for a successful dd!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I tried to get to bed early and then fall asleep. I did not fall asleep until after midnight. I tossed, turned, flipped, was hot, cold you name it. Then mom was in the kitchen at 5am and guess who heard it? UGH. Hoping for a nap later today.

UD today!! YEAH!!
                Karin

Comment

• Life is definitely easier if an UD follows a sleepless night!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• ohmygosh.. I can not even imagine if I was suppose to do a DD today. I do however need to get a good night sleep for the DD tomorrow.
                    Karin

Comment

• Was it all of us? Sleep for me was terrible last night!!! Of course, it's a DD for me. But, that's okay. At least I didn't wake up roaring hungry!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• oh man, this is one of the very few days I can ever remember being hungry for breakfast. If it was a dd for me I would have had to switch it, hunger pangs at 7am is no way to start a dd!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I woke hungry too!
                          Karin

Comment

• I cant remember the last time I ate breakfast. But I needed it today.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Paleohacks posted this about IF

Reason #1: Intermittent Fasting creates an easy eating schedule, with a built in framework. Basically - you just don't eat at certain times. Simple. I can see this framework, its not easy yet

Reason #2: It makes insulin management both easier and more effective. The better you can manage your insulin sensitivity, the easier it is to burn fat and gain muscle.this would be cool

Reason #3: Allows for enhanced mental clarity. Personally, if I eat now in the mornings it slows me down. When I'm fasting I am in the ZONE.I need more IF's as in weeks worth under my belt to see this. The only days I do not IF until 4:30 are UD's

Reason #4: Makes dieting easier because of hunger control - you don't need to change your portion sizes. meh

Reason #5: It allows you to eat bigger, more satisfying meals. LOVE to "grub out" at the end of a fast. meh.. I still need order in my life of chaos and control of calories
                              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                                Paleohacks posted this about IF

Reason #1: Intermittent Fasting creates an easy eating schedule, with a built in framework. Basically - you just don't eat at certain times. Simple. I can see this framework, its not easy yet

Reason #2: It makes insulin management both easier and more effective. The better you can manage your insulin sensitivity, the easier it is to burn fat and gain muscle.this would be cool

Reason #3: Allows for enhanced mental clarity. Personally, if I eat now in the mornings it slows me down. When I'm fasting I am in the ZONE.I need more IF's as in weeks worth under my belt to see this. The only days I do not IF until 4:30 are UD's

Reason #4: Makes dieting easier because of hunger control - you don't need to change your portion sizes. meh

Reason #5: It allows you to eat bigger, more satisfying meals. LOVE to "grub out" at the end of a fast. meh.. I still need order in my life of chaos and control of calories
                                #1 simple yes, but not always easy

#2 I feel like this must be true for me now because I no longer get that ill feeling I used to get when I went without food for more than about 3 hours.

#3 When I was working this in April and May I felt better all the way around. Mentally clearer and physically more active, cant remember how long it took to get there as it was a progression but given 4.5 hours of gardening on 5.5 hours of sleep I am thinking I am on my way!

#4 well actually that is why I instituted the md's so I could let loose on my ud's and surprisingly if I weigh and track them I am pretty much on target calorie wise.

#5 well for me it is more like I am satisfied with much less food than that I allow myself to pork out, or that I even want to pork out. I do not, however, limit what I eat on my ud's, again that is why I added the md's. So it is not always Primal, but it is (about 99% of the time) made from scratch.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X