No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruth- are you drinking iced coffee or tea?? I am IFing until 4:30 and my body is saying its hungry after 2 iced coffee's with HWC, but I will just keep drinking until then.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I feel pretty certain that a big part of the reason that I feel like the dd's are easier while I am at work is that I drink 124 ounces of fluids (and slightly less than 100 calories) by the time I get home at 4:30.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm drinking so much, I might float away. Being home can be hard...food temptations, cooking for the family. But, so far, so good today.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I am finding I will nibble while I cook, so now I nibble salty celery and that keeps the calories in check!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• well.. worked cleaning and moving this afternoon for a couple hours. I did pretty good today waiting until 4:30 except for the 1/2 can of awesome looking tuna at lunch. I ate it plain. Then 4:30 arrives and I am in the middle of cleaning so I ate calamata olives which are pretty low in calories. I am finally home and cooking pork chops. I will eat by my closing window of 7pm <so help me>.

I did not drink enough today. I have been thirsty with dry throat for a couple days.

edit: BOO-YA! My MD was awesome. I can in at 1496 and while at this time I am looking at calories, my carbs, fat and protein look IN-CREDIBLE! I am not sure if I should do another MD in a row or shoot for an UD tomorrow. Recommendations?
            Last edited by athomeontherange; 07-24-2013, 05:31 PM.
            Karin

Comment

• Depends. Do you need UDs on weekends?
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I am with Ruth, you need to look at the big picture. Look at your week from weigh day to weigh day ( for me that is Saturday to Friday) and figure out what you need as far as events and appointments vs. ud, dd, & md you want to do. Then decided which day is which and there ya go.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• not really.. if I do an UD tomorrow, fri can be a dd and the weekend can be md or ud. Is there a problem with doing ud, dd, md, md, ud, dd, md, md etc? I think this would help if I knew schedule.
                  Karin

Comment

• the summer has no boundries.. that will change when school starts
                    Karin

Comment

• I would think a general schedule, probably by looking at your week each week. If you're too flexible, you might end up with too many UDs. I would say no DDs in a row and a DD is ideally (though not necessarily) after a solid UD.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I agree. I have been looking at my schedule and know where I am starting now and into the school year.

Sunday- UD
                        Mon-DD
                        Tues-MD
                        Wed-MD
                        Thurs-UD
                        Fri-DD
                        Sat-MD

This way the weekends are not restricted should something come up. My plan is also to IF until 4:30p except on UD's.

edit: Why can I do this now and could not earlier in the year? Why does this seem too easy?
                        Karin

Comment

• You had too much going on earlier. Once you get in the habit, you should be able to manage the school year!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                            I would think a general schedule, probably by looking at your week each week. If you're too flexible, you might end up with too many UDs. I would say no DDs in a row and a DD is ideally (though not necessarily) after a solid UD.
                            Totally agree with this. It has to work with your life but generally I would suggest not doing dd's consecutively. Both the 5:2 forum and Dr 'Moseley's video (I swear I get no kick back, it just made all the difference in my understanding of the why's) can help with why not 2 in a row I can't remember the details but they were very good😁
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I never considered 2 DD in a row and wow.. that would JACK me up! LOL My weekly schedule is posted above which will give me 3 MD, 2UP and 2DD (not in a row of course)

UD today!! Whoohoo!! I also think today is the L.A.S.T day on the old apartment!! Then the next hurdle is unpacking-yuck.
                              Karin

Comment

• I think as long as you plan for 2 dd's a week you will do well. Thing is you should post your weight somewhere that shows loss over time. When I post my weight in the progress tracker at the 5:2 forum it tells me how much I have lost since I started and what the weekly average is. While I was working it my lowest average was just over a pound a week even though there may have been a few weeks where I didn't lose.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X