No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's DD is going good. I have done 2 loads on moving. The good news is all thats left is in the fridge and freezer and then cleaning. So its almost done. This morning I had an iced coffee with 2T HWC and have had iced tea (unsweetened since). I am feeling pretty good. When i went to get some lunch for my "help", my brain tried to tell me it was time to eat and I was hungry. I ignored it and kept drinking my tea. Tonight after 4:30 I will eat 3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon. Looking at the calories for today, this is a perfect DD menu and one I will not tire of.

I have not really "exercised" per se, but moving in a sauna and the heat ought to count for something.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• once you get a couple of DD's under your belt, you are going to wonder why you thought they were so hard! And that, for me, was when I let my guard down.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I can see where that might happen with me. I am wondering though if I stick to the same basic menu for DD's if that will make it easier.
        Karin

Comment

• That is what I did when it was working for me. It was very simple fare, I didn't do any fancy recipes I just ate a huge salad with a piece of fish on top. I saved 400 calories for that meal and dressed the salad with a really good (bottled- sorry, it was a price I paid to get it low calorie) dressing, so I could either have a piece of salmon or tuna or saute a piece of white fish in a bit of butter.

My other downfall was that I stopped tracking on my up days. Now I either track or put it down in the notes (yesterday I made a peach/mango/jicama/red onion salsa-now how are you gonna track that).

When it was working/I was working it, I saved the fancy recipes for my up days. And kept my moderate days pretty simple as well. The moderate and down days are the days I plan to strictly stick to an eating window. I don't think it would be good for me on an up day, because I think that is too many calories in a short span of time. I need to teach myself to be satisfied with less food at a sitting.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I agree with UD's you can not use the eating window.. too many calories in too short of time. I had a nice UD yesterday and spread out the calories which is why I think I am doing ok on this down day today. Tomorrow will be a moderate 1500 day. Oh man.. its 3:22 and I am like, c'mon 4:30..c'mon 4:30 LOL!
            Karin

Comment

• It is so much easier for me when I do it at work. Mentally I just know there is no food, so I don't really give it another thought. Even if I am bored out of my mind (as is often the case) there is no food so I can't fall back on that.

I also think a good UD is the best lead in to an easier DD. I will do MD tomorrow as well. But again it is a work day so food before 4:30 is not really an option.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• MD's for me is a fat fast until 4:30pm. I am really really hoping this will work when I start school as well. When stressed I head to food first. If I can just fat fast until 4:30pm daily no matter what and most days eat in a window of sorts, I am wondering if I will be more successful. Thinking this out:

Sunday: UD
                Monday: DD
                Tues: MD
                Wed: UD?
                ThursD?

Fri:MD
                Sat:MD

I am thinking the days in red can be altered as needed.
                Karin

Comment

• Even if I'm at the office, waiting until 4:30 is too much for me. I'm finding that I can do breakfast/late lunch/small snack, which will soon lead to breakfast/dinner...which should work well. I'd like to get to 1 meal/day, but with all I have going on, it's too much.

A good UD for sure helps with the DDs.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I do have some calories, but basically it is 100 of fat. And before I get home I have had 124 oz of fluids.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I have been having iced coffee with HWC. The fat I think is what is helping the IF until 4:30p. Then I swear I am drinking all day (tea and water).

DD was a success!! I nailed this! HA! Cruising inside my rumble strips!
                      Karin

Comment

• We're going to have to sync up our DDs
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                          We're going to have to sync up our DDs
                          oh yeah girl friend!! I am going to have a day or 2 of MD, then an UD and another DD.
                          Karin

Comment

• Today is a MD.. I woke up hungry. However, I am going to work to the 4:30pm IF. Also feeling sore this morning. The moving yesterday and then I started shampooing carpets. My daughter had some stains on the carpet so spot treating was a hands and knees operation (it looks like its all coming out) but wow.. sore!

unpacking is overwhelming..
                            Karin

Comment

• The unpacking is what I HATE about moving. Well, that and cleaning my old place

So, go figure. On my UD, I wasn't particularly hungry. On my DD, I'm already starving, and I had PLENTY of good calories yesterday
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• that reversal happened to me more than a few times in the first month or so.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X