No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would work a few days (at least) of lower carb. I think that a DD is easier when your body is not doing the sugar swings. I never went into ketosis that I know of, but when I had been lower carb for my UD's my DD were easier. Now that I have a habit of not eating while at work, and not eating after dinner, most of my DD's are reasonably easy even if they follow a fairly high carb day.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I know that now that I'm "restarting", I'm having to wean back off the carbs before I can do a DD. It seems funny, because relative to most people, I was still "low carb", but I feel like my body needs fewer carbs than most. I'm finally feeling better. I'm hopeful that soon, I'll be able to get 2 DDs in a week going
      -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, even my high carb days are way below the SAD suggestions. But I am finding, that I like to be under 150g, and probably over 50g (except on DD's). That gives me the flexibility to be able to eat berries and seasonal fruits, as well as dairy. It doesn't hinder my weight loss, have a negative effect on the way I feel or create cravings, and seems to keep me from binging.

Thrilled you are feeling better, Ruth!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• good intentions.. good intentions..the past 2 days were paved with them while living in crazy town.

Its 6:30a, I have not had anything to eat or drink today. My plan is to stay within the rumble strips so I can post positive and exciting results of the day.

Yesterday: lots of sweating in 96 degrees + wicked humidity moving crap. I went beyond overwhelmed and let me tell you, its not a happy place. Please do not visit it if you can help it.

Today: staying in the AC as much as possible mostly unpacking and sticking to the "get back to healthy" plan. Lily has her dr appt today about her blood tests. So far, I am just hoping we are talking about anemia because that is something easily (fairly) fixable. I have been researching higher iron foods I can feed her to help her blood. On the plus side, I got her to eat soft tacos (yes on flour tortillas) however she ate ground beef with a little cheese- I am good with that. She seems to like them as much as her bean burritos.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• They give me shots for low iron blood, be prepared if she hates shots as much as my kids do. But the effect is nearly immediate.

Unless she has a problem with wheat, I would put that pretty low on my worry list for her.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• oh yeah.. I am not stressing the wheat and corn for her at this point.
              Karin

Comment

• Ok.. dr report: Lily is severely anemic and is now on a multi + iron AND an iron supplement. She is also showing some scoliosis which is odd because it does not run in my family that I know of.

Today's food has been good except an eggroll I ate because I was out running and was starving. However, it was one and I stopped. I am still drinking water water water so I know it was hunger. Today's tracking is in the notes section. Have you ever had days when you just do not have the patience to enter in every specific??
                Karin

Comment

• Have you ever had days when you just do not have the patience to enter in every specific??
                  Yep. It's why I go back and forth with tracking. Even with my app, sometimes I just don't have the energy!!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Many days it is just too much of a PITA. Even more so when I make something from scratch.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• B: Banana with 2T organic sunbutter, 5oz? steak cooked perfectly, coffee with HWC (can I just say YUM?!)
                      L: eggroll and 5 figs
                      D: 3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon, 2 limer-itas, 4 oz of goat cheese (it was that good)
                      s: bowl of ice cream (gas tomorrow)
                      not a bad day. The eggroll would have been the only non-paleo option.

no meds today.. swollen everything

Lets get ready to rumble... I could not resist

ok:

1: Food- I listed food above. I did not count anything. My carbs are high but I do not think "terrible".
                      I ate the ice cream after 9pm-I have got to look at this list more frequently.
                      Forgot supps and meds today-guh!
                      water-check

2. Data
                      TBD on Sunday I tracked in the notes section of MFP

3. Exercise
                      yeah, no exercise except lifting boxes

4. Sleep
                      will see in the morning.. not using alarm
                      its 10:16pm and still up

5: Binges
                      no binges. Today I allowed ice cream and that will be it for a while. The eggroll today was on the fly, not a binge.

6: systems
                      in process
                      Karin

Comment

• Sleep 5.5 hours.. ack. I did not stay inside the rumble strip therefor I am having some problems. Retaining water pretty aggressively this morning.

Today I am going to focus on losing this water today. Meds will be a start, water water water, fruits and veggies and no salt will make up the remainder.
                        Karin

Comment

• Take a nap! That is what Teachers are supposed to do in the summer!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• a nap is on the list for today along with finishing the last load from the old house and unpacking in the new. Just got back from the vet. My dog needed a mani/pedi and has lost another .5 pound. Sad when my dogs weightloss is better than my own.

10:26a and I have yet to have eaten or drank anything. Sat mornings its more important to be among the first at the vets rather than eat.

will check back later and catch up on journals.
                            Karin

Comment

• Lol on the dog. Glad your move is getting done.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Ok..today I got a nap in. Well, not a great one but I just kind of dropped. So here is the rundown:

1. Food- I did not track calories. I think until I can get into the swing of paleo/primal again I am going to just journal food in the notes section of MFP. The good news is I am journaling it. At this time I am unsure of the carbs but looking at what I ate I "think" I am within acceptable limits. We ate at 7pm.. Of course I woke shortly before that. I am sure I got my water in today as well and I got in some of my meds.

Brunch: 2 cups of coffee with HWC and honey, 2 hard boiled undeviled eggs with mayo and mustard, banana w/ 2 T sunbutter (always organic no sugar added) and 1 tsp honey

2 long beef jerkey and a sprite zero. Goodies box came today and sampled.

D: steak, salad w/mushrooms, cukes and blue cheese. Watermelon and 2 dates for dessert with iced coffee and HWC

2- Data- I will weigh and measure tomorrow
                                3- Exercise- I sweated with move related activities
                                4- Sleep- Its 8:36pm and I said I would be in bed by 9pm for summer. However, if I can not sleep I am going to continue to unpack.
                                5- Binges- no out of control eating/binging today
                                6- Systems-check.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X