No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you do add a bit of sugar, make it the quality stuff, not the refined crap.

You can do this.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
      I am going to be looking into the CM ice cream. Since it comes in such small containers and is pricey, perhaps that will help with the over indulgence.

Just when I "think" I have a handle on things, I swear my daughter does something new to top it all. Found out yesterday as I was going through my bank account. She has racked up charges playing the "free" apps on her tablet. Ummm yeah, these charges added up to $251.40. I about choked. Now the good news is Amazon is able to reverse some of the charges but they will be in the form of credit on my account, not back in the bank. She is having to pay this back by earning money doing chores for others and slave labor for me. Mad does not cover this. Last night I had good intentions to handle this (we are talking food). I took a suggestion from above (CM, fresh pineapple, a little shred coconut) and then thought, what the hell.. added a jigger or 2 of rum. She then has the nerve to tell me she does not want to move (like there is much choice). I will say it again.. parenting is not for the faint hearted.

ok.. bright side, bright side.. here it is.. its not blazing hot!! We have had some balmy 80+ degree weather.
      Is there a a way to block/lock apps on her tablet? If not, I suggest only letting her use the tablet, x amount of time in your presence, until she has worked off the charges. All with the clear understanding-- if she uses an app, she loses the tablet.

I'm a firm believer in, you can choose the choice, you can't control the consequences. Having uncomfortable, yet direct consequences tends to help you think about the possible consequences, before you pull the trigger on the choice.

I totally agree, parenting is not for the faint hearted. And being a single parent sometimes calls for having a cardiologist and therapist on speed dial!

Comment

• What she says+1!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have everything blocked on her tablet, disconnected from being able to purchase anything. I have had parental controls on and subscribed to mobicip to monitor her online mobility. It just did not monitor online purchases. For now though, she is grounded from electronics and internet until the end of summer. She is also working to pay back her debt.

Since giving up dairy, I have really come to appreciate certain brands of CM. I really like the Thai traditions better than the one I was getting from Amazon- can not remember the name. The Thai whips up better and I agree there is a lot you can do with whipped CM. I do not typically put sugar in my fruit but it might be what I need when I am wanting a sugar hit.

I went to the store and they were closing out some brands of CM ice cream, Green tea. So, knowing I could have it I bought 6 containers (quarts?) they has for $1.32 each. I call that a bargin. That is some smooth good tasting ice cream. It also hit that ice cream monster than seems to be coming around a lot lately.

I want to wish my MDA friends a Happy Independence Day! I hope your day sparkles!! The plan for me today is more working to get moved and then we are heading out to a bbq joint for dinner with friends (my plan is meat and salad), then off to the ice cream social in the little town my mom lives in (I thought to bring some dates and figs instead of eating ice cream) and then the city fireworks display put on by the Lions Club.

Right now I am battling a stuffy nose, sore throat and a headache (again, still, again).
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Not all fruits need the sugar (pineapple for example), but berries and peaches do make a nice syrup if just a pinch is added.

The evening events sound fun! We are having rain here, so ours have been canceled. Well the big one downtown is still on, but we avoid that like the plague, it is wall to wall people for blocks around the display! Drunk crazy people I might add. But that is ok, as we got to see a fireworks display on the 2nd (which is the day the declaration was actually signed), and our 4th of July tradition is to watch the movie 1776 together. So we are good.

Wondering if the stuffy nose, sore throat and headache have anything to do with either the stray away toward the foods that you know your body doesn't like, and/or doing all that moving in all that heat, and/or stress. I am guessing it is a combo of all of the above.

p.s. when I go to socials I try to keep a drink in one hand and something (usually my purse) in the other, and don't eat at all while there. If someone asks or suggests I go get a plate, I say I already did or I am on my way but don't do it. I am a talker, so it is easy for me to socialize and not stop to eat.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I was wondering about the same thing with the stuffiness.. I just woke from a 2 hour nap. I have a feeling its a combination of straying from good food. stress from moving and dealing with dust and such at moms getting it ready for the move. Either way, it sucks. I think for the ice cream social will be fine.. I plan to take a nice large nalgene container of ice tea.
              Karin

Comment

• Lets see... this weekend I have been painting my bedroom (includes some mudding of cracks), ugh.. just when I think I am done...

Getting ready to make yet another goodwill run tomorrow (this will be the 3rd truckload).

Movers come Wednesday.. I am trying not to panic but so unsure if everything will be out of the way for them by them.. crunch time

Speaking of crunch.. eating Ok.. but not great. Until I get the majority of the stuff moved and I can get some semblance of order I can not make my self crazy.. lots of self talk going on.

Tomorrow:
                mow
                Lily has appt
                Make a run to goodwill
                packing marathon
                truck load of stuff to move
                register Lily for school

Tuesday:
                Lily has an appointment
                packing marathon
                truck load or 2

Wed:
                Movers 9am
                another truck load as well??
                unpack, unpack, unpack

Thurs+
                clean clean clean
                unpack unpack unpack

at some point.. drop and sleep sleep sleep
                Karin

Comment

• sleep, sleep sleep needs to be higher on your priority list!

You can do this, and food, hey eat what makes you feel physically stronger and don't worry about the rest for now. It is an added stress you cannot afford right now.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• We are with you in spirit. We believe in you, Wonder Woman.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• how is it going with all of this heat?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Good grief its a squelcher. They are also calling for rain ????? The furniture is being moved today.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                        Karin

Comment

• How is the move going? Are you now at mom's place?
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Hello MDA family..

-bedroom painted
                            -furniture have been moved
                            - 3 truck loads have been taken to good will
                            -we are currently staying at moms (or I get we can call it the new place)

to do:
                            finish moving items from old place to new
                            clean old place

currently we are kind of recovering from the move thus far. With the current heat we are exhausted.

Good News: Last night I got to go out with adults (I found a great babysitter).

My eating is more than derailed. With the major part of the move done (we still have a couple truckloads and cleaning to do yet), I am making my get back on track plan.

1. Starting today at lunch (I am not currently hungry but admit to eating crap at breakfast) I am back to cutting out ALL grains. This has been an issue of late that I have been paying with achey ankles and knees.
                            2. I think I need to also start doing a more BP breakfast or just iced coffee (if I eat breakfast)
                            3. I need to get back to my salads
                            4. I need to start tracking again. I do not really have any macros in mind at this time. I have not weighed myself, I am kinda scared. My clothes are not fitting as they used to so I know its bad.
                            5. I am eating only if HUNGRY. Before eating I am also planning on drinking a nice large glass of water to help determine true hunger vs. stress, boredom etc.
                            Karin

Comment

• Yeah, for good babysitters!!!!!

Good plan. I definitely think you need to drop any foods that make your body ache, there is enough of that with packing and the move without making matters worse!

I now do either 4T of half and half on work mornings (2 with coffee, and 2 with green tea), or 4T of heavy cream on non-work mornings (with coffee and the green tea also). The next calories I get are my smoothie = coconut milk, berries, spinach, cottage cheese, stevia. Then dinner. I like this a lot. I am not having hunger issues, my true hunger comes in physical waves small and far apart at first, larger and closer as time goes on, and they tend to want protein and veggies. Non-hunger urges for me are not physical but more of a "feeling" and are not happy unless they are fed carbs. I also have more energy this way. I cannot believe I am saying that about going all day on less than 200 calories!

Oh, yes, and I am back to tracking. If I am too lazy to track on MFP, I at least list the foods I ate in the notes at the bottom of that day. Some of my up day recipes are just too complicated to list all the ingredients.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• sounds good

Mojito Water Infusion | Whole Green Love
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X