No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So maybe less reasoning and more limited choices via "Love and Logic"? I found that right about this age is when I had to stop reasoning with my kids, and switched to the method of allowing them the independence to choose one of 2 things and allowed the consequences to fall where they may. Of course the choices were carefully pre-determined by me. This is also about the time that I switched from raising my voice to lowering it to a whisper-totally freaked them out. I did way too much reasoning before I went to the Love and Logic, and it was frustrating because they weren't really listening. Plus they were/are smart enough to know the reason.

p.s. know that I know NOTHING about Aspergers and how to deal with it, so all my advice should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My son Kevin is nine. He has Aspergers too. Kevin is reasonable...until he is not...then watch out. His irrational anger and outbursts are the main reason why we are seeking an alternative placement for him. I was convinced it was unnecessary until I read his most recent psychological tests. Now I'm as afraid for his future as my husband is. Anyway, all of that was just to let you know that I get it and I'm thinking of you.

Would Lily have to change schools?
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Lily will be changing schools and maybe thats a good thing.. fresh start and all? I agree that she is reasonable, until she is not and then holy crap..
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• So for like a flash of a moment I thought I would do a garage sale to get rid of items.. yeah.. I am too tired and stressed.. so I am hauling crap to goodwill.

Movers ordered and they will be here to pick up furniture on the 10th. You know, they are just moving our bedroom sets and a couch and recliner. If the furniture were not SOLID-ASS wood and heavier than hell I would probably not need to hire it done. Consequence for quality?? I am going to try and move most if not all the boxes. Its still pricey for movers.

As for updates on my health.. lets not and say we did.

Lily update: So, she has some poison ivy with the bites AND she has a staff infection in her nose. She is on more meds to take care of it. Her mood is improving "some" but we are still "off".

Paula- I hope your summer break is going better than mine.
          Karin

Comment

• I assume there is a price break for living with mom?

I am so sorry you have to move again so soon. At least you found out about it during the summer and not the school year.

Maybe you can find some local high school boys (maybe the football team could use a fund raiser?) and pay them to hoist packed boxes into a truck and then back off the truck, and save yourself for the actual packing and unpacking.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Actually, I will be paying the same at moms.. it will help her out quite a bit though. However, if she refinances the house it will save us both BIG TIME. Moving there will help her (I am over there a lot anyway) with the yard and house repairs etc.

The thing about hiring movers is that they will pack the truck correctly and my stuff should arrive without injury. They should also be able to be pretty efficient. ITs not like I have a lot, its just heavy. Right now I am packing and am trying not to feel overwhelmed. Its hard to know where exactly to start.
              Karin

Comment

• oh, no, I was thinking the kids could move the boxes, not the furniture.

Well, plus you will only have one lawn to take care of, but rats you lose the garden-unless you planted it at moms?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• oh gotcha..I do know a couple kids willing to make some money and was thinking about asking them.

Garden is here. However MOST of it is container gardening and I can take it with me.
                  Karin

Comment

• Wish I could come help you move!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• because Ruth you don't have enough on your plate already

yeah for container gardening!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• true that Chris..LOL Another definition of spreading yourself thin maybe?? LOL
                        Karin

Comment

• My summer is not as bad as yours, yet. I feel like I am heading in the wrong direction health wise too.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Oooh. Let's have a move Karin meet up in Kansas.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I keep thinking once I get moved I can get focused..
                              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by pebbles67 View Post
                                oooh. Let's have a move karin meet up in kansas.
                                love it!!!!!!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X