No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling better today. I think I have enough rest and finally feel refreshed. Still working at W30. Not everyday is PERFECT but close. I am watching portions but really only tracking dd calories.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am back to trying to track every day. Just this week though to snap myself right back in line
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• kinda quiet in all the journals but hopefully it means everyone is having some relaxing time and not so stressed on what they are or are not eating.

I bought some Majool dates and OMG.. weird how you can be instantly addicted.

While it is summer for me, I have a lot to prepare for next year to do. I am starting off the year with an archaeology unit to get the basics of science observation down. This means, I had to semi-create a new civilization complete with artifacts and a written language. This will tie nicely into their SS class as well. I am putting together a Norse civilization for the students to examine and making artifacts for them complete with a rosetta stone. They will not be able to translate the language until they study Egypt in SS, which is fine. Yeah, some of this is a little far fetched but this is all about the process. In SS they study ancient civilizations but not the Norse which makes this perfect. I have been researching and now I need to come up with artifacts. I have been to garage sales looking for items that might work as artifacts. THEN, on Wednesday I have called a department meeting with my science teachers (2 of whom are NEW to middle school and NEW to science). We have to figure out what we are doing with our curriculum since the district has decided not to purchase our subject new materials (we are the ONLY one). Oh.. I also need to make back to school items for my team and my department. Do I HAVE to?? Nope.. but I know what its like to come back and have people appreciate it. I want them to start the year off with a smile and an "ok, cool, we are back!" attitude. I also need to make about 12 cards for this next year (birthdays, secretarys etc.)
        Karin

Comment

• Fun! My DD is doing an archeological dig as her studies in Spain. Your kids are very lucky, not to mention your co-teachers.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• well today has been interesting..

Lily had an allergic reaction to something and her face is super swollen. he has been running a low grade fever as well. We are doing home protocol the nurse suggests but we are probably looking at a run to the Dr in the morning. She has been napping a lot!

On a side note, I made 4 cards today while she rested.
            Karin

Comment

• How is Lily?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh no! Hope everything is okay.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Maybe a bug bite? Hope it has cleared up this morning!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• It has not cleared up. The benedryl has done NOTHING so I took her to the doctor. She is having an allergic reaction to something, we just do not know what. Her glands are also super huge right now but is no longer running a fever. They have given her 9 days of steroids. Her poor face and body. Her face is so swollen including her eyes, nose and mouth. So, my ADHD daughter is now on steroids for 9 days. I have gone to the liquor store, whole 30 be damned.

Whole 30 is going to start for me again July 1 because things are too friggin strange right now. While some people can put aside the daily stressors to concentrate on W30, I have yet to learn how to do this.
                    Karin

Comment

• Unless the W30 is making you feel better (ie. dropping the AS and dairy and whatever else has eased physical pain and discomfort), it seems like an added stress when you already seem to have enough that is out of your control. Start it back when it is convenient.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I will tell you.. dropping dairy and AS is amazing. However, I like my sweet. Is honey my answer?? Not when I am doing W30.
                        Karin

Comment

• Maybe dates? I actually saw a "recipe" where someone dried dates then ground them up. But they don't dissolve. Maybe just eating a date is enough?
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• ohmygosh.. majool dates are to die for. How can anyone eat just 1????
                            Karin

Comment

• Dates are a danger good for me. They help with the sweet, but I eat WAY to many of them...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I don't do them for the same reason. I like them with cream cheese and walnuts. It is a wonderful appetizer for guests. Sorry I know both of you would have problems with that yourself though.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X