No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like you accomplished that. Even if it wasnt a dd it was certainly low enough to give you confidence to do it again!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• well it must have been a pretty good down day because I woke up a "little" hungry this morning. My goal is to listen to body cues again today. So I had an egg and a couple small sausages as well as another glass of iced coffee. Feeling good. After I eat, I want to wait 20 minutes before deciding if I need a little something more. Drinking the tea and iced coffee should help with that.

Speaking of iced coffee. Lily's school fundraiser had a "product" for coffeeam.com. For $10 or $15 you could buy $30 worth of gift cards to this website. I checked out the website and its cool on so many levels. First off they have any and all kinds of coffee and tea (organic, flavored, you name it), second, after you place the order they roast the beans for your order RIGHT THEN, so can you say FRESH?? It is amazing coffee!! I can not wait to try the tea. I am waiting until all my tea reserve is gone (it was quite huge-thanks mom) until I order some. You can get loose or bagged and they will ship the coffee beans any way you want them. So far, pretty impressed. So I have been alternating between Creme Brle and coffee Parisian for my iced coffee. I can not tell which I like better.

Goal this week: Clean out the LAST storage unit!!!! The storage unit has water damage thanks to the owner so most of the items will be trash or recycled (paper, books etc.). A little will go to DAV and there should not be much of anything I need to bring home. However, a lot of my good tupperware is in there. That I will bring home. I used to be a distributor and have some good pieces I just have not had a place for and donated a bunch years ago.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Learning to listen to body cues, for me, is one of the reasons I particularly like this WOE. For some reason it helps me to do that. Probably because I don't feel deprived and therefore don't have the need to eat something for the sake of eating.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          Learning to listen to body cues, for me, is one of the reasons I particularly like this WOE. For some reason it helps me to do that. Probably because I don't feel deprived and therefore don't have the need to eat something for the sake of eating.
          story of my life.. this I want to change
          Karin

Comment

• Exactly how i got here. Eating from non hunger cues. Really love to change that.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• nso after breakfast (2 small sausage and an egg) I was good until about 5ish. I grilled pork steak, asparagus, made antipasta salad. No counting but I KNOW I came in under calories etc. I feel good. Although, I am feeling like I could much something but I am not hungry. I am in my witching hour I think. My head says snack but my body says we are good.
              Karin

Comment

• I skipped lunch yesterday too. It felt fine. I am seriously moving to the 1-2 meals per day plan. It seems that when I eat less, I crave less.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• 2 meals usually works for me, as well. Unless I'm stressed...then it seems to be an all-day food fest!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I agree with the 1-2 meal/day idea. Last night I did indulge in some popcorn but I felt fine and call it and indulgence rather than a binge. Binge seems to carry guilt. Anyway, I had the calories to spare yada yada..

Today, another day to really listen to my body. I think 9 times out of 10 I just feel uncertainty in this new process. Maybe, I am listening too hard! LOL!

Well, the storage unit did not get cleaned yesterday. The lock was rusted shut. Going today since it had to be cut off. Yesterday was nice. A friend came for dinner and he drive some t posts in the ground for my garden trellis. I swear, I could have pounded on them all day and barely got the tip in. LOL I grilled out and he got to taste my "ok" cooking. LOL

On a side note, the weather is making me nuts. We have been expecting thunderstorms for DAYS, only to get nothing but humidity. UGH!
                    Karin

Comment

• We're slowing working through my mom's storage unit. It's a bit stressful bringing additional "stuff" into my house since I worked so hard to clean things out. But, it makes her happy to have her stuff integrated...and soon (hopefully) we can stop paying rent on that unit!

I find it hard to listen to my body. I spent so many years ignoring it, I don't often interpret things correctly.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• For me the beauty of the way I am eating right now, is that it gives me the flexibility to be wrong in my interpretation of the body cues. I really like having the small window for eating on my work days, with 2 of those being down days. Of course I am not working at home-that would pose problems for me.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Today was a definite UD. I ate what I wanted and even stuff I should have passed on. Tomorrow will be a DD though.

I have ordered the book the diet cure from inner library loan. I have borrowed The Paleo Fast Diet. The New 5 Day - 2 Day Paleo Diet. Get Healthy Losing More Weight Faster, from the Amazon lending library as well as checked out via the elibrary Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss. So these should be some good reading. I stepped on the scale this morning and NO MOVEMENT which is strange considering I have had a couple DD that were unintentional.
                          Karin

Comment

• Karin, you are going to become an expert on how many different ways experts say you can lose weight. Are you giving up on 5:2 or just looking for ways to tweak it to make it your own?

The scale and 5:2 (or 4:3, or ADF, or IF, etc.) in my experience is even worse at showing results of the day before than on any other diet plan I have been on. It will often show up after a dd and show down after a crazy ud. That is why you need to be tracking it on a tracker where you can see a graph. I personally like to keep the weights after ud's in one graph and the weights after dd's on another graph. Also, on the 5:2 forum there are many who will go a few weeks with no loss then suddenly start dropping it like a hot potato, with several swooshes in a week.

I am hoping that you took a couple of minutes to record your waist measurement at least, because after all these years you know as well as I do that sometimes the waist gets smaller even if the scale number doesn't.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I am not giving up on 5:2. The paleo 5:2 caught my eye and thought to gather more info and yeah, make it my own. I want to read the diet cure about the use of aminos as well. I have been on the 5:2 forum and need to keep reading there as well. I am wondering if I need 2 set DD's each week or if it can be sliding depending on the occasion. I think I need to be recording food daily again. Even when I know my calories are low, I need to "see" it because when I am not seeing results I am doubting my mental recording (and we all know mine has been faulty in the past).

I am still waiting for a whoosh.. I am gaining and losing the same 5 pounds as I know many of you can relate to.
                              Karin

Comment

• I diligently recorded everything, everyday, for about the first 3 weeks or so, now I only diligently record the dd's. Up's and moderate days I do sporadically to keep myself honest. Especially since you are playing with the same 5 pounds, it is probably a good idea for a while.

Also, it doesn't seem to me that you have been doing it long enough to have gone below the 5 pound loss expectation yet. Paula's results aside, if you look on the 5:2 forum you can see from the survey they did, typically you can expect an average just below a pound a week. And given you are just coming off of another diet (and another and another-like me!) you are unlikely to have that magical giant first week loss that can occur when you start a diet. So in 5 weeks if you are still losing and gaining these same five then we know something is wrong.

Gaining and losing is the way it goes, but eventually the trend will turn downward, patience grasshopper.

I like having flexibility with my dd's, I truly think that is why I can do this. Every week is different for me and this program does not get upset with a change in life's plans.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X