No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I only journal consistently on my dd's, even my moderate days I tend to just guesstimate and mostly I am just trying to keep track of what I ate more than how much on the non-fast days. I get looser and looser with each passing non-fast day. When it stops working I will tighten back up, a little at a time. Right now I am really enjoying it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OK.. I may really like this cold brew method for ice tea. Typically I boil water, steep the tea.. etc. etc. Naahh I like this better.. easy breezy and no bitter.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Cinnamon acts as a natural preservative. So i drop a cinnamon stick in my container when i make the tea. I reuse the stick a couple of times. Tastes great and does keep that fresh taste longer.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Great idea.. I will do that as well.. of course, I can really go through the ice tea, especially now that summer is here..LOL
          Karin

Comment

• *watching the weather* tornadoes in the next county over.. mother nature must be a menopausal kindred spirit..LOL
            Karin

Comment

• It is a crazy weather day here as well. We are under a severe weather warning/watch, but the sun is shining away.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Its come and gone and my town faired well.. can not say the same for Wichita though. It could have been WAY worse though. The power just came back on and I am making my dinner. Better late and paleo then something else..LOL
                Karin

Comment

• this is an "I hate the scale" morning. I might as well as had a dd yesterday. I made cream cheese pancakes for brunch and had some steak for dinner and my scale is WAY UP. oh.. and I was drinking tea instead of diet soda. Grrr...stupid fluid retaining body.. Today I am going to go as far as I can without eating by just listening to the body cues. I am not hungry this morning.
                  Karin

Comment

• How did your iced tea turn out?
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Wait, yesterday was a dd and you are trying to do another today? I am confused.

Ignore the scale and follow the plan, I had many dd's that were followed by a gain, and more than a few ud's that were followed by a loss.

2 dd's in a row doesn't set you up well for the rest of the week.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• The tea actually turned out awesome.. who knew?? I am sticking with a cold brew method I think.

I THINK yesterday was a dd.. I am not sure. I sure did not eat much though but drank a lot of tea.
                        Karin

Comment

• ok, so seriously you have to stay off the scale if the number it says is going to make you adjust your eating when you get off of it. If you think yesterday was a dd then it probably was just go with that, you are in this for the long run and if you went over your dd by even a couple of hundred calories, it is not going to make that much difference. Regardless of what the scale says, ya dun good. Now enjoy your ud and plan for your next dd.

Have you visited the 5:2 forum? No need to join but there is lots of good info there...The 5:2 Fast Diet Forum | 'The Fast Diet' international support group very supportive group.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• oh I also has cottage cheese yesterday so, I probably had between 1050-1100 calories. I just went back to add it all in.
                            Karin

Comment

• if it was me, I would do a real ud, unless you are really ready for a dd. It is easier to go into a dd, especially in the beginning, after a good ud.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• true. I am eating well and eating primal tomorrow is a good day for a down day.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X