No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is a moderate day. Funny how I "feel" hungry today and didn't yesterday.

However, I am craving a banana or something sweet and I don't have anything..
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 05-15-2013, 11:06 AM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• That is how it works, very odd, but that is why doing 2 days of 500 calories in a row is probably not optimal.

I will admit here that I am no longer low carb, or even totally Primal. I do make sure that every thing I eat is homemade and not "packaged" but flour and sugar have crept in. I don't have a problem with them using the limitations I do now, and it makes me feel more like a normal person to have a piece of Blue Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting that BFF's DD made for us for Mother's Day. They have not caused me discomfort or binging issues or weight gain, so I am going to keep them as an occasional treat and let go of the feeling of deprivation that the idea of not ever having them again leaves me with. To me that is that major draw of the 5:2.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• totally agree!!!
        Karin

Comment

• OMG.. talk me down.. I want a REAL HUGE PIZZA HUT PIZZA with the works.. I came home and my daughters strawberry blond hair is FRICKIN GREEN!!!! OMG.. sooo pissed.. whats worse?? She lied about how it happened!!!
          Karin

Comment

• The only way a pizza will make things better is if you smear it on her head and the sauce counteracts that color. Eat the pizza and you feel worse and (I assume she goes with you to Pizza Hut) she gets rewarded for freaking you out.

Pass. You can do better than that.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• P.s. it will wash out. I would worry about the lie though
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• she used food coloring.. and nope.. it would be JUST for me.. she can have hotdogs. As for the lie.. its become a regular thing. I have brought it up with the therapist and he said its part of her diagnosis. Needless to say, this does not help matters.
                Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  The only way a pizza will make things better is if you smear it on her head and the sauce counteracts that color. Eat the pizza and you feel worse and (I assume she goes with you to Pizza Hut) she gets rewarded for freaking you out.

Pass. You can do better than that.
                  ice cream?
                  Karin

Comment

• If you must, still won't help, and you will just be mad at yourself in the morning cause you will feel like crap. It isn't so horrible to eat the pizza or the ice cream on an up day if you really want it, it is eating because of emotion and not hunger that is the problem. So even a salad wouldn't be good till you are hungry.

What was the lie "I accidentally fell into some green junk"?

If you want to mess with it, when I was a hairdresser, we used to make a paste out of tide (or its equivalent) and use it for shampoo to take out a temporary color, don't use conditioner till it is all out. One or 2 shampoos with that out to do it unless her hair was really damaged.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• ok.. compromised.. I ordered my crustless pizza and ate 1/8th which is totally in the plan and caloric level. However, I did eat a couple pieces of garlic bread with cheese (I have not had it for so long!!!) and a kitkat. I can not say I feel really bad, at least at this time. I figure this was WAY better than eating traditional pizza hut. In the end I am under 1700 calories (@ 1675 I think).

The lie.. this time was her friend came over with food coloring in her hand, came in to wash her hands, got green on the towel in the bathroom and when she was washing her face, her hair got a little wet and she dried it with the stained towel so the whole front of her head was GREEN. ok.. I asked, did you get my food coloring out of the cabinet? "no" lie.. she later handed it to me. Was the towel covered in green to the point it would green her hair? no. and her friend was never over. lie. that is just a drop of what I am dealing with.
                      Karin

Comment

• You came in within your allotment.

So some how she is getting more out of lying than not. Even when she gets caught. So how to make it more costly. That is going to be tricky. Any hints in the love and logic literature?
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• thats the trick..no matter the consequence she is fine with it. I really think she likes upsetting me and lying is the button (she rings it a lot). What I really want to do is empty her room. Leave only necessities in her room. I want her to have the message that the extra's are a privilege and not entitled. However it seems no matter what I do, getting her attention to how important these choices she is making is, is just not sinking through.
                          Karin

Comment

• dd today. I am feeling grumblings in the tummy for food this morning, I am ignoring them. I did bring some cucumbers to have around lunchtime today. Other than that, I am just drinking calorie free beverages.

I am starting off with diet coke, I need the caffeine. Well I have 2 classes of the 3 yesterday graded for projects. I was surprised at those that chose not to do the project (like it was an option). Unfortunately for them, this is a test grade (they were told) and basically are choosing an F. Its also not like they have not had plenty of time. 2 weeks AND some class time. UGH! I think some students are just DONE, which unfortunately they are hurting themselves.

Weight this morning looked like I was down a bit (the scale was really too far away from my eyes to get a good look-I should have opted for a digital scale) even after throwing caution to the wind last night. Yesterday ended up being a rather UP day, one I might see on the weekend but I am not going to feel guilty about it. Moving on..

1 week of school left!!!
                            Karin

Comment

• Technically if you do all 5 of your up days like yesterday and do your 2 down days like your last one you are on target. So nothing to feel guilty for. You will lose, slowly but surely. Guilt is a useless emotion in this instance.

My son did the whole "not turn in homework" his junior year. Luckily he aced his tests and managed to keep decent grades. He just couldn't be bothered if he thought it was busy work. Not sayin it was just he thought.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• UGH.. so pissed at my boss. The cukes came out early (11:15a), of course I was a little hungry. I salted them A LOT.

Observations:
                                I eat when angry more so than sad or upset. Rage incites hunger.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X