No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray for the sun and skirt weather!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• the sun was short lived... stupid weathermen!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• THUNDER...LIGHTENING...TORRENTIAL RAIN- LAst night, now and today.

Today is the teacher appreciation luncheon- they are bringing in Olive Garden. I have a feeling, only the salad will be a safe bet for me so I am bringing a little something extra.
        Karin

Comment

• I feel frustrated when I can not physically BE there for my kiddo when she is having a crisis/meltdown. This morning she locked herself out of the house, no rain boots, coat or umbrella and it was raining cats and dogs as well as thundering and lightening (which scares her) and her ride never showed up. She was crying/hysterical not to mention soaked. I called the school and the SRO went to look for her, I contacted the diner in town, the waitresses found her and pulled in in from the rain and were working to calm her down. The cook took her to school (have I mentioned I love my small town). The principal got a towel for her to dry off and got her some dry clothes. I am hoping her day starts looking up and does not remain sucky.
          Karin

Comment

• Wow, Karin, that's got to be ROUGH. I would say, however, I cannot believe what an AMAZING town you live in. The cook, the waitresses, the SRO (not sure what/who that it), the principal. I know we don't have that kind of support where I live!!!!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh the poor Baby. And poor you. Must be driving you crazy not to be able to help.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Ruth- an SRO is a School Resource Officer.

Well they say it takes a village.. in this case today, it took the town. I keep tearing up about this whole thing. I keep thinking ok.. what do I need to do so this does not happen again..story of my life
                Karin

Comment

• There are few things in life that the stress will make me physically ill, but those sorts of things with my kids are the kind that do it. I totally feel for ya, and wow are you lucky to have that sort of support in your town. We did the hidden key for a while, but it got washed away, so we actually have a neighbor and my BFF who have each extra keys to our house.

So sorry she had to go through that.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My secretary was working with me to get a class covered so I could get home (before I found out she was being helped). I made the comment.. I need chocolate.. I need to self medicate. She tracked down chocolate and brought it down to me in my classroom. Her office is at the opposite end of the building. Yes, I ate it. Yes, it helped.

I am just so thankful for the people that God has brought into my life. I live in an amazing town with amazing people, I work at a school with a caring and supportive staff and I have you ladies that always either brighten my day or kick me in the rear when I need it. getting teary again..
                    Karin

Comment

• hugs and tears all around!
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Last week snow.. this week rain, hail and tornadoes! SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

oh and did I mention my lettuce is sprouting?
                        Karin

Comment

• Lettuce is good, right?

How are you? How is Lily?
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• lettuce is good.. I wondered about these seed mats.. so far the lettuce is working.. now for the cukes.

Lily is feeling fine. We talked about the problem today. We are forever talking it seems what we can do so this does not happen again. She was brave and bounced back. I still maintain I live in an amazing town.
                            Karin

Comment

• Today and tomorrow I am in cognitive coaching training, so out of the classroom. I plan to eat well today. This morning was a rocky start but still ok. I had a hillshire farm sausage and 2 oz of cheese. So far, so good. I did not weigh this morning but so far even with the indiscretions I am maintaining. I think I am about ready to head back to tracking.

Tons of rain last night. I am not sure we got hail where I live but there were tornadoes west of where I live. I slept pretty well.. window open and fan going. I did not even hear the rain, but the ditches were full this morning.

So 2 Mondays left for me and not counting tomorrow, 1 Friday. Whoohooo!
                              Karin

Comment

• 5 weird signs you're vitamin-deficient | Fox News

good article..
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X