No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Read the link in my journal posted by Ruth. I would go SPEED, but with a 1per kg of current wt. For me, that comes to a more manageable 100 grams. Essentially, that would make SPEED into regular Primal. lol

I personally am not going to limit anything but wheat and sugar right now. I am going to eat 3 meals and 1-2 snacks. I am loving the fruit, dairy and stevia.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Well I have been giving this some thought, "What feels natural to you". I have come up with: get back to primal before starting anything first. Meaning, grains and sugar GOT TO GO-again. From there though I am not sure. You are right with summer coming, veggies and fruit are in season and Mark advocates eating in season produce. I am going to continue to weigh daily but at this time I am not going to track unless I see massive gains. I am still losing from: 1. the weekend binge-fest and 2. not taking my meds over the weekend. In the end, I think I maintained. Its amazing how meds affect you. From now until school is out my plan is just to eat good primal food. I am going to reintroduce some dairy back and see if I have gastric distress or congestion. If so, I will cut it back out. I am going to start with yogurt (just because it is so versatile).

Lil gets a med check today and there will be some MUCH NEEDED changes. Hopefully, if we can get that situation under control better, I can take better care of myself as well.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• That sounds like a perfect plan.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Great. That is precisely what I am doing. Keep it simple with a short "No" list.

Glad to hear about the med check.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Your plan is exactly what I was going to suggest

Good luck with the DR today. Hopefully it will make life easier for you and Lily.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• ok.. minor triumphs... I had some hard candies (I was losing my voice at school) but the real test was the SONIC test. When we got out of Lily's appointment she was starving and it was getting ugly. Went through the drive through and ordered only for HER!! HA! I came home and popped some chicken thighs in a pan and they are cooking now. What am I having with it?? I do not know.. my fridge is kinda bare. I might rustle up some frozen veggies or something. So no grains today.. just need to work on the sugar.
              Karin

Comment

• Wahoo, major triumph!
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Uhhhh.. want something.. not sure what.. I am avoiding prowling for food.. thinking about getting some CM and frozen blue berries though!
                  Karin

Comment

• Cup of tea would be nice too
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• After the blueberries and Cm, I had some beef jerky and was fine and ready to go to sleep. You are right though, tea would have worked too.

ok.. weight is bouncing around.. 290 yesterday 285 today HOWEVER, I have a non-scale victory. I am currently wearing standard wrangler jeans I have not worn since I did nutrisystem. These jeans have NO STRETCH like so many jeans out there now and like some of my other pairs. HA! Size 20. I am a big girl yes, but I could not get into these particular jeans before the hysterectomy or after (swelly belly). So while my weight is bouncing (mostly due to inflamation etc.) I am losing inches. HA! Take that scale!

Yesterday and today I have been trying to get back to BP coffee with CM. Yesterday I was HUNGRY for lunch.. not starving though. For lunch I am planning some tuna salad with mayo and dill relish. I am not sure if my salad I left at school is any good. If not I will eat it straight. Dinner will be some left over chicken from last night. I made some "wingish sauce" for it last night. Red hot sauce and butter is pretty simple and tasty too!
                      Karin

Comment

• PS.. Lil's appointment went ok.. we added intuniv and hope this is the magic bullet to get us all back on track.

edit: oh and its JUST RAIN!! YEAH!!! NO SNOW!
                        Last edited by athomeontherange; 05-02-2013, 05:26 AM.
                        Karin

Comment

• well you sound better! and congrats on the jeans, the scale is an imperfect data point at best.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Yay new jeans.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• hey, just saw this and remembered you were looking for a way to make coconut milk?

Coconut Milk Tonic

The Players
                              1 can whole coconut milk
                              2 1/4 cups water (or coconut water)
                              2 tablespoons maple syrup (or a pinch of stevia)
                              1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
                              1 teaspoon dolomite powder (for calcium)

The How-To
                              Mix all ingredients together in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and heat until warm and dolomite is dissolved. Cool before serving.

I haven't used this one (I still get the Trader Joes coconut milk and add water), so I don't know for sure it works, but I think it would be cheaper and definitely have less ingredients in it than a quart of coconut milk in a carton.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• currently in battle with my body.. the cold, windy rainy weather makes me just want to curl up with anything grain or chips..much less sugar. I went to get a cup of coffee and a snack.. had some cheddarwurst dogs and 1 oz cheddar.. The cheddarwurst (which are a secret sin-- well not so secret now) are not the best thing to eat but I figure it beats a lot of other options. I have to remind myself, my focus is to dump grains first, then sugar.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X