No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to be an adjunct professor in art/architecture history. I would get to have a college schedule, but not have to get research papers published. The students keep you young, but you wouldn't have to deal with the parents. DD has her final final on the 7th of May!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ^ Yep. When I was working on my PhD, I knew that I did not want to research/publish. I was actually considered a favorite instructor when I did teach (online economics). I enjoyed it...except for grading. The students can still be a whiny pain, but not near as bad as the lower grades...and like you say, (generally) no parents.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• 7 or 8 Mondays left for me. This is the first year that I have seriously contemplated leaving teaching. The government interference and teacher hatred in NY is at an all time high. Alas, I have 10 more years.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I hear you Paula.. I have contemplated.. even applied for various positions. I figure if its meant to be to leave education, another position will open up.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I can't complain, I like my job and the people I work with, and most of our clients. I get to work in an amazing building with wonderful people and flexible hours for a reasonable wage. Lucky too, since I really just started back to working again and I am paying for college-I have a long way to go before I can retire!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Friggin whirlwind.. got a call from Lily on the way home.. she fell in PE and hurt her foot.. hard to walk, please come get me she said. So yep.. swollen etc. Took her to the doc to get it checked out.. nothing serious but, ate out.. a bit stressed. Came home and the weather was SO AWESOME and the hardware store in town had bedding plants I planted: lettuce, cukes (pickle and other), butternut squash, acorn squash, Anaheim chili's, sunflowers, snap beans and an assortment of flowers. I just remembered I forgot watermelon.. oh well, looks like I will need more pots and another trip to the hardware store. The peas are coming up so pretty.. CAN NOT WAIT!! Summer Summer, c'mon friend.. I have missed you! SPRING is here!! I am dirty and sweaty and feel amazing even though I did not eat well today. I started out with good intentions and the evening just went to hell. Tomorrow is a fresh start though. What am I doing? Not a flippin clue.

I need to still plant pumpkin and watermelon for the girl and some zucc's. Oh and I am trying a new product. LOL Its a roll of seeds (lettuce and cukes). We will see how it goes!
              Karin

Comment

• I was wrong... forecast says morning snow on thursday.. Just so you KNOW, thursday is MAY 2!!! UGH!!
                Karin

Comment

• OMG! So much work that is what you are doing! Good for you. Gotta be tired of the snow though.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Okay, Kansas is officially off of my "places to live list". It's too cold.

Hope you have a great day..........
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth.. this is a FIRST.. its never like this here! Grrrr.. stupid Mother Nature
                      Karin

Comment

• I guess I should NOT send you an extra pair of "snowday" pajamas that I have ready for donation?
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• LOL.. oh please NOooooo I can use them next year..LOL
                          Karin

Comment

• They are a lovely baby blue. PM me your address if you really want them.

Warning, They have good mojo and work really well.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• As I sit here munching on some fab homemade beef jerky (thanks Ruth) I am at a loss of how to proceed from here. Back to HFLC, SPEED, UP/DD, reg. primal..carbs 20g or less, carbs 50g or less, carbs 75g or less, net carbs, no carb?, high protein, low protein...I need to be doing something though.
                              Karin

Comment

• Well, knowing that summer is coming I think a very low carb may not be a good idea (all your fruits and veggies coming in). Maybe you just really need to first get the grains and sugars back out, getting virtually all your carbs from veggies (and fruits) then see where you are from there. You obviously need to do something that will work well with being home with the kid all summer, so something easy. What feels most natural to you?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X