No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I can answer for Karin, she is using info from the book "S.P.E.E.D.: Evidence based weight loss" S.P.E.E.D. - Evidence Based Weight Loss

You can also get info from Mark's Primal Blueprint 101How to Eat According to the Primal Blueprint | Mark's Daily Apple

Personally, I think the SPEED book is more specific to weight loss, but really the PB 101 is a great place to start.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      Hey, I can answer for Karin, she is using info from the book "S.P.E.E.D.: Evidence based weight loss" S.P.E.E.D. - Evidence Based Weight Loss

You can also get info from Mark's Primal Blueprint 101How to Eat According to the Primal Blueprint | Mark's Daily Apple

Personally, I think the SPEED book is more specific to weight loss, but really the PB 101 is a great place to start.
      IMO it looks like PB is still better at weight loss than speed. They guy lumps paleo/vegan together. That's never OK in my book.
      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
      Follow me on google+
      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Nope, he is primal, that primal/vegan comment was just something about how people will ask him why they are on a plateau when they have been primal/vegan/whatever...His point there was that it doesn't matter what "diet" (for lack of a better word) you are on, if you hit a plateau it is likely the same cause.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Nope, he is primal, that primal/vegan comment was just something about how people will ask him why they are on a plateau when they have been primal/vegan/whatever...His point there was that it doesn't matter what "diet" (for lack of a better word) you are on, if you hit a plateau it is likely the same cause.
          Paleo and. vegan should never be in the same sentence. They should always be separate by a period lol.
          Follow me on google+

Comment

• :~)
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Thanks for filling in for me Chris Excellant explanation!

Josh- LOL I see your logic

291.5 going back down.. will push more fluids today. Just thinking about the total number of inches lost is inspiring. I emailed Matt

Back to school today. I am ready as yesterday I forgot to give DD her meds.. it was a looooong day.

B: Cottage cheese and tried to eat a piece of bacon (what is wrong with me that bacon did not taste good today) not much appetite for breakfast. I am hoping I do not crash by lunch
              L: beef sausage, cheese slice and avocado
              D: pork chops and some crazy vegetable (probably fresh pumpkin)
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I actually have to be in the mood for bacon, it doesn't always sit well in the tummy. Has to be crispy and dry.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

I actually have to be in the mood for bacon, it doesn't always sit well in the tummy. Has to be crispy and dry.
                  I only buy bacon ends now, because saving money is a cool guy.

I always couple it with something anti inflamatory, because lets be honest guys, just cause it's bacon, doesn't mean it prevents heart disease.

If I had a dollar for everyone on this forum who doesn't watch their omega-3s...
                  Follow me on google+

Comment

• that is a part of the reason I eat salmon most days. That and I like it, and it is "cheap" protein (meaning I get a lot of protein for not many calories/fat/etc), but I also do TJ's wild caught canned so it is cheap in the money sense too.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• MMM...3 slices of bacon every day for me.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am almost out of salmon.. need to go shopping!! Salmon burgers.. YUM!
                        Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                          291.5 going back down.. will push more fluids today. Just thinking about the total number of inches lost is inspiring.
                          Woo hoo - yay for weight going down. Your popcorn may have been a slight setback, but you are getting back on track. Matt wants me to email my results at the end of the week.

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          I actually have to be in the mood for bacon, it doesn't always sit well in the tummy. Has to be crispy and dry.
                          I love bacon, but rarely eat it anymore. Doesn't have enough nutritional bang for the buck...especially when I'm constraining calories

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          that is a part of the reason I eat salmon most days. That and I like it, and it is "cheap" protein (meaning I get a lot of protein for not many calories/fat/etc), but I also do TJ's wild caught canned so it is cheap in the money sense too.
                          Wish I liked fish. I don't like any kind - even if it's fresh from the sea or river. Tried some shrimp again last week when I made it for the family...yuck..fishy.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• 289!!! I am now officially lower than I was when I LOST weight during pregnancy!! WHOOP! I will be reposting goals since I have hit one. My next biggie is 250 so that is 30+ pounds from now. I will just celebrate each 10 pounds lost. I have to keep myself from getting into the mindset of things "I wonder how long..." That just frustrates me so lots of self talk "Don't look at time- look at being consistent"

B: pork chop-oh it was lovely
                            L: turkey breast and avocado
                            D: salmon burgers!!

Goals:

Overall: To increase vitality physically and mentally in order to sustain a life of energy.

Weightloss goals: Starting 10/30 I will weigh myself daily and measure weekly

1st hurdle: To weigh what I weighed during my pregnancy (I lost weight) 290 lbs. completed on 11/29/11
                            2nd hurdle: To weigh what I weighed in college 250 lbs
                            3rd hurdle: To weigh what I weighed in high school 200 lbs.
                            4th hurdle: To continue to a healthy weight between 150-180 lbs (this will be narrowed the closer I get)

SPEED goals:
                            S: (Sleep) To sleep 7-9 hours/night. In bed at 8pm and up at 5am.
                            P: (Psychology) To set time aside for prayer and studying the word of God.
                            E: (Exercise) lift heavy things 1-2x/week, play 1-2x/week, begin essential movements
                            E: (Environment) I will eat breakfast and lunch alone with no distractions and dinner with the family with no distractions (distractions, book, tv, computer)
                            D: (Diet) 1508-1658 cal/day: Protein 157g/day 629 calories, Carbs 50g/day 200 calories, Fat 92g/day 829 calories

These figures will be kept using fat secret on my phone.
                            Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                              289!!! I am now officially lower than I was when I LOST weight during pregnancy!! WHOOP!
                              Yay, Karin, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• yesterday
                                http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1128_foods.pdf

way over on fat GRRR
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X